closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parcel Farce... (are they BS'ing me)

Parcel Farce... (are they BS'ing me)

Ordered an item from the states (£250 fully declared) they sent it USPS (who use PF this end) which took 2 days to get from the US to the UK and tracking stated as if the 7/9 it was at the PF Coventry hub 'awaiting customs clearance'

I waited until yesterday and then chased it up, and was told via email it's currently with UK border force awaiting customs clerance so the delay is out of PF's hands, now in all the time I've shipped clearance was carried out prior to going to the PF hub in Coventry, can it really still be with UKBF will at the PF Coventry hub?!

I suspect as they are one of few that send you a customs bill via post to pay before they'll delivery that's were the delay is and they are dragging their heels getting that to me!

If that's the case so be it, but what annoys me it what looks like a blantant lie about UKBF, but then I might find someone on here knows the correct precedure and I'm mistaken!

Master
    Is it an easy to identify which bracket it is in for import duty? The longest delays I've had are for items that there is no import duty for, and they take an age to clear, as the handlers miss out on there cut.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Is it an easy to identify which bracket it is in for import duty? The longest delays I've had are for items that there is no import duty for, and they take an age to clear, as the handlers miss out on there cut.
    Should be as I've used the company before and it's never been this slow but the last time it was a larger parcel so came via FedEx.

Master
    I think there are some delays with customs clearance at the moment as I am waiting for a couple of items which have been with them for a week now.

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    I think there are some delays with customs clearance at the moment as I am waiting for a couple of items which have been with them for a week now.
    They might well be telling the truth then but I though custom clearance was carried out centrally as such and not at the PF hub in Coventry?

Master
    AFAIK UKBF are based within the hub as they are in a few RM and PF sites- they will need to process the parcel before PF get their hands on it

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    AFAIK UKBF are based within the hub as they are in a few RM and PF sites- they will need to process the parcel before PF get their hands on it
    I was wrong then, I'll just have to wait it out.

Thanks for the clarification.

Once you know it's at your local depot just go there, pay and collect.
    Saves day or two waiting for a letter.

I often order things sent by USPS Priority and it gets delivered by Parcelforce. Typically it takes longer than the standard service as it can take up to a week to go through customs and then to issue you with a bill to pay charges before they release it. Once status changes to this, call your local depot as they should know the amount you'll need to pay and they can do that over the phone via an automated system. They'll also arrange a delivery day with you and it should save a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I often order things sent by USPS Priority and it gets delivered by Parcelforce. Typically it takes longer than the standard service as it can take up to a week to go through customs and then to issue you with a bill to pay charges before they release it. Once status changes to this, call your local depot as they should know the amount you'll need to pay and they can do that over the phone via an automated system. They'll also arrange a delivery day with you and it should save a few days.
    Wont be long before all our European goods gets treated the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Will stuff also be 20% dearer or will seller knock off their VAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Will stuff also be 20% dearer or will seller knock off their VAT?
    Not sure to be honest, its a big question but unless we stay in the free trade agreement and customs union ( which doesn't look likely ) then I would imagine VAT will be charged as it does on current non EU goods.
    Just to keep on topic and not to bring politics too much into the GandD, my wife works for FedEx UK and is on the Brexit committee to look at the implications, this is on the agenda to try to find out as their UK operations for clearing will need to grow exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    No issues with customs just wish PF could deal with it in a similar manner to DHL or Fedex and sort the charges without interrupting the delivery.

Master
    I am also awaiting an item sent USPS from LA, USofA which also will be using ParcelForce once in the UK.

It spent 2 weeks in the customs centre at LA with no updates - just as the seller and I were discussing replacements, I get a message out of the blue saying "customs cleared" and "at international airport" or similar.

Who knows when it'll turn up.

Interestingly, other similar items in the recent past from LA took 3 days door-to-door to arrive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    No issues with customs just wish PF could deal with it in a similar manner to DHL or Fedex and sort the charges without interrupting the delivery.
    +1

Had a UPS from Moscow earlier this week, and at about 3am I got an email saying it was loaded and would be out for delivery that day and to either pay the delivery man with card, or pay now online for seamless delivery. Paid online and it was delivered as normal.