closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Access to risk assessments for work in public places?

Master

Access to risk assessments for work in public places?

I wonder if anyone here can advise, I’ve tried some googling but with no clear answer.

Our gym has recently changed hands and as part of this process they are rebranding, including a repaint in new brand colours, they are also changing some of the gym machinery.

As a result of this today my wife has had a relatively minor accident, some weight equipment has been pulled away from the wall it is normally against and was close .5m to another machine while walking between the machines my wife had to step back to avoid the swinging bar of the moved machine, fell backwards over the other machine, she now has a cut and swollen knee and scrapes to her shin.

When she reported the incident to the management she got an very dismissive response about the accident though they did say "they would move the equipment for her", her understanding was the inference was it was her fault she fell, to say she is unhappy with her treatment and the accident in the first place is an understatement.

During this refit they have reduce the space between a number of pieces of exercise equipment and have also completely removed some to turn public areas for the storage of unused and broken equipment.

We plan on following up with the owner about this as we are troubled that members seem to be taking second fiddle, but my question is are we entitled to see the risk assessment that was undertaken before relocating equipment and storing unused equipment in public spaces?

This isn’t an attempt at ambulance chasing we would simply like a genuine apology and to ensure that the safety of members and staff are placed ahead of saving money on the refit.

As ever thanks in advance of all helpful responses.

I would be surprised if they knew what a risk assessment was. Or else they may hastily scribble one out on an A4 sheet.
    If they have a proper one it wasn't carried out very well. I would speak to the manager, mention, hospital and solicitor a few times and see if you can get a few free months membership.
    Hope your other half is 100% as soon as possible.