closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex HELink SELink question

Craftsman

Rolex HELink SELink question

I've got a black 16570 explorer II F series and I'm crazy about it, so much so that I sometimes flirt with the idea (daily) of adding another from the 90s with tritium dial so I can enjoy and/or watch its patina develop and also have my near mint luminova one, but here's my question.
    Having never owned a holes case rolex, and being very fond of my SEL bracelet circa 2005, if I get a 'head only' holes case 16570, will it fit on my newer bracelet? I'm aware that Rolex switched to Luminova prior to introducing the SELinks so I'm assuming the answer to this is yes, that the bracelet will accommodate the different size 'pins' and work just fine, but can someone who knows confirm?
    Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I have a SEL bracelet on my tritium pin holes 16570, because they look and fit better than the folded end links.

No issues at all, just an improvement on the watch in my opinion.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I have a SEL bracelet on my tritium pin holes 16570, because they look and fit better than the folded end links.

No issues at all, just an improvement on the watch in my opinion.
    Many thanks. That's what I'm aiming for. Preferably I'd find a 'head only' tritium dial one because I'm not a fan of either the earlier non flip clasp or the hollow end link making things more rattly. That way I can use it in my existing newer and stronger bracelet. Thanks again.

Master
    That was exactly my thinking too, plus the end link on the solid version looks more like a real link than the folded one. The rattle wouldn't have annoyed me particularly but it's a definite improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by rgwarden View Post
    Many thanks. That's what I'm aiming for. Preferably I'd find a 'head only' tritium dial one because I'm not a fan of either the earlier non flip clasp or the hollow end link making things more rattly. That way I can use it in my existing newer and stronger bracelet. Thanks again.

If you buy one on bracelet, I'd be happy to buy the 'old' bracelet as a spare.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    If you buy one on bracelet, I'd be happy to buy the 'old' bracelet as a spare.
    I'll remember that