closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Perkbox

Master

Perkbox

My wife says one of the medical secretaries has signed up to this where she works. She told me this after she handed over three full boxes of "Mug Shots" think like a cup a soup type thing.

Apparently she signed up for free and is offered all sorts of offers and freebies for her staff. The soup was the first offer so she took it.

What am I missing? Is it really completely free (if I only pick free stuff rather than offers) it seems too good to be true to me.

Has anyone tried this company out? I assume there are other versions but it got me wondering about signing up.

I'm just a cynical git so I always assume someone is trying to rip me off!

Your views and opinions are very welcome

Grand Master
    No such thing as a free lunch?........I'm cynical about anything that's free!

Craftsman
    She probably signed up for the demo/free period because the website gives you the option to get a pricing quote...

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    No such thing as a free lunch?........I'm cynical about anything that's free!
    Our business park has signed up to something similar, we're in a managed office block and free stuff appears in the kitchens from time to time. It's just another way for brands to get their products in front of customers, much like free sampling in Supermarkets.

I'm yet to find anything I particulary want buy yet though. It's usually stuff like a new flavour of Soreen or a weird herbal infused tea.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    She probably signed up for the demo/free period because the website gives you the option to get a pricing quote...
    I just had a quick browse on my mobile and thought I'd ask here before checking in detail tonight. I'd pretty dismissed it, but you never know, it may be as good as it sounded.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Our business park has signed up to something similar, we're in a managed office block and free stuff appears in the kitchens from time to time. It's just another way for brands to get their products in front of customers, much like free sampling in Supermarkets.

I'm yet to find anything I particulary want buy yet though. It's usually stuff like a new flavour of Soreen or a weird herbal infused tea.
    What he said. I organised this in our work place and free stuff turns up about every 6 weeks. No catch but they sometimes want pics posting on Facebook etc. of staff using the products, thats it.

Saw the title and thought it was in the Boys' Room. #Disappointed

The last time I looked at this type of thing the employer signs up and then offers it to it's employees - it's free to the employee (*) but the employer pays a small amount per employee each month as an admin charge.
    In addition suppliers that want to offer a service / product on the portal also pay a percentage of each transaction.

So in effect it's a way that a company can offer additional employee discounts and benefits without having to administer the scheme themselves - and Perkbox (etc) take the admin charge and skim a percentage of each sale through the scheme.

(*) There may be a BIK implication - not sure.

My wife has Perkbox through work, they pay about 6.00 per employee, we just had a trip to Singapore and used it to book a load of trips out at a discount, searching the deals is a pain in the back side as its not just a case of searching "Singapore" but we made a saving of about 5-8 %.

I spent the other night searching all the other deals, 5% off Tesco 4% of Sainsbury's that sort of thing, in each case you need to buy a pre-loaded gift card for the store so you by a 100 pound card but only pay 95 for it. the only deal we will use a lot is half price Odeon tickets 6 each.

Sorry I am using my work laptop, given to me by a Germany company but ordered in USA, there is no pound sign anywhere!

Master
    completely legitimate offering and organisation.... we may or may not supply their gift cards and codes :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    completely legitimate offering and organisation.... we may or may not supply their gift cards and codes :-)
    Fancy cutting out the middle man? Asking for a friend

Master
    My wife says the website her friend used is called perks at work if anyone has heard of that. I think I'd already heard of perkbox and put that by mistake

Craftsman
    Completely legit, my partner's company uses perkbox to supply benefits to its employees!