closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webuyanycar.com

Webuyanycar.com

Hey all,

Has anybody had any dealings with WBAC ?

Following the arrival of a new car, I'm shortly about to dispose of the previous and I'm giving them consideration probably because it's the simplest way for a result.

I'm the 2nd owner from 7k miles, The car is genuine, extremely clean, tyre depth minimum 6-8mm, service historied (?) up, 10months MOT and generally in excellent condition. The spread of very similar vehicles on Autotrader brings it to around 9/9.5k. They've offered 8.3k using their online estimator type thingy.

I'd be happy to accept that for the simplicity of the deal as they're only 5 miles away from me.

Anyone dealt with them with ease or will they naturally bid me in the bo!!ocks when I get there ? I don't mind one bit verbally abusing their assessor/buyer and leaving I'd just rather not if it can be helped.

This is not a veiled FS ad. If it were, it would be on the sales board.

Cheers
    Last edited by reggie747; 13th September 2017 at 19:05.

My mates just done the exact same thing with similar figures, they couldn't pick fault with the car, paid him the money and he went on his happy ways.. he'd had the car advertised for afew weeks with no interest prior as well!

Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    My mates just done the exact same thing with similar figures, they couldn't pick fault with the car, paid him the money and he went on his happy ways.. he'd had the car advertised for afew weeks with no interest prior as well!
    Thanks for the reply, it sounds positive. I haven't advertised it anywhere else yet 'cos I'm not working close to where I live so a possible hassle in that respect.

Cheers

Master
    I've used them a couple of times, both times I was knocked down a bit through body work issues/scrapes, not so much it put me off the deal, doesn't do any harm to see what they offer.

Master
    I sold my car to them but you do have to haggle. I advertised my car in the Autotrader but when people rang up and found out I wasn't a trader they weren't interested. I was slowly dropping the price and decided to try WBAC who offered me the price I had dropped it to. Make sure it is valeted inside and out before you take it and if they are offering 8.3 on the site they'll try and knock you down a bit but if it's in good nick they'll want the car and you'll be able to get the price up, maybe 8k I reckon.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They will tend to knock about £250 off per little dent or scrape so if it isn't in great order, that can add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I sold my car to them but you do have to haggle. I advertised my car in the Autotrader but when people rang up and found out I wasn't a trader they weren't interested. I was slowly dropping the price and decided to try WBAC who offered me the price I had dropped it to. Make sure it is valeted inside and out before you take it and if they are offering 8.3 on the site they'll try and knock you down a bit but if it's in good nick they'll want the car and you'll be able to get the price up, maybe 8k I reckon.
    Thanks.

It's as clean as a whistle, I had it valeted about a fortnight ago. It'll get a quick blowover externally prior to going (well.....if this bloody rain continues I'll just get out there with a sponge and let Nature do the rest)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    They will tend to knock about £250 off per little dent or scrape so if it isn't in great order, that can add up.
    Cheers Dave, your motor trade advice is welcome. It's dent free.

Master
    Sold a (at the time around 3 1/2 years ago) low mileage 5 year old TT Tdi, they offered me £12600 and when I took it that's what they paid me, about £1500 less than its value selling privately at the time, but I had taken a company car and just wanted rid without any hassle
    It was in really good condition

Money in the bank 3 days later, so lose a bit for the convenience and lack of tyre kickers

Cheers

Kevin

You often will receive a higher offer on email after a couple of weeks.

Used them in Andover. I put the car on SC first but I was desperate(On reflection) too desperate.If you want to get rid of your car quickly then they are the way forward.

I am not sure if it is true but someone suggested to me that the amount of money knocked off the computer estimate is the commission that is paid to the WBAC representative.
    Last edited by itsgotournameonit; 13th September 2017 at 19:38.

Craftsman
    Yep, I heard the same on the commission - I also know they can halve the amount per scratch/dent/issue that they take off, so defo need to haggle and I've also had higher offers after a week or 2. Worth checking out if there are any competitors around your area to play them off against.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Keep 'em coming guys, thanks

Master
    When I changed my car in April I got a price from WBAC, with which I was quite satisfied, but the dealer from whom I sourced my new car, using CarWow, offered me fractionally more.

I traded the the car with the dealer but would have quite happily let it go to WBAC if he had offered less.

Car was immaculate so I had little fear that WBAC would have bid me lower if I had taken it there.

Craftsman
    Sold my Audi to them a couple of years ago. I didn't try to sell privately but their price was far better than the dealers.

Only mistake I made is I initially entered my cars details so I could get an idea of what price they would offer (but I wasn't ready to sell). When I was ready to sell, I entered the details again and the price had gone down slightly. I mentioned this when I took the car and they more or less managed to get me the same price.

You will have to haggle and there will be room for negotiation.

I would definitely use them again.

Sold my Audi to them, had a couple of dents but declared them for the valuation. Was offered a fair price and they paid with no reduction. You won't get the best price obviously, but was more than part-ex and a lot less haste than a private sale. I'd use again if I didn't have the time to sell via auto trader etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    My wife sold her car to them last year. She had the option to purchase her company car at a good price and made a quick flip of around £2K. The price offered was probably £500-1K below a private sale price but then you have the hassle of eBay, Autotrader etc plus the usual timewasters. I've heard good things about https://www.tootle.co.uk but not used them.

Craftsman
    Friend of mine didn't have a good as an experience with you guys. His car was low mileage, fully dealer serviced in mint condition. He was moving out of the country the same day and had agreed to sell at a price and I think that's why they knocked a couple of grand off the offer price when he turned up. The guy even came out with a paint depth meter! Needless to say they didn't get the car and another friend is selling it privately for him. Personally after that I think they're pretty scummy to deal with.

Master
    make sure the service book is stamped up to date

Craftsman
    I was very pleased with both the price and the service when we used them a couple of years ago.

I'd added a small scratch to the details during online price estimating which reduced the value by a relatively small amount (~£150 iirc), but when inspecting the car during handover they felt it to be insignificant and so added the reduction back on to the amount payable to me!

Very pleasantly surprised, and received a better price than the car had been advertised privately for.

Journeyman
    If you have photos of your car and got a good description written up ready to go, give Gumtree a go. It's free to post an ad.

Unfortunately selling a car these days seems so difficult. Very rarely I hear people manage to sell privately. Most trade in or sell to wbac. Starting to hear more using tootle.

Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Only mistake I made is I initially entered my cars details so I could get an idea of what price they would offer (but I wasn't ready to sell). When I was ready to sell, I entered the details again and the price had gone down slightly.
    I don't think that's a mistake, their prices will drop daily/weekly, as the car depreciates.

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Tried them twice and on both occasions was chipped on the price. A massive 20+% was the last time.
    Sold the car for more to a local car trader who stuck it on their front £2,500 more than he paid me after 2 days.

No regrets as it saved me form having the usual tyre kickers and chancers and any issues if something went wrong in the future.

B

I sold an X Type to them a few years ago.

I got less than I was quoted ..............Basically. they looked for any minute scratch etc....that wasnt "declared"...

Saves dealing with tyre-kickers and part ex etc.......Saying that...........as others have said...its hard to sell a car "privately" these days..........i think W.B.A.C. will only get bigger in years to come.

I think, in summary, mostly a positive response to WBAC.
    Lets hope I can add something good to this thread shortly then.

Cheers

Craftsman
    I was offered about a grand more from one of their rivals, possibly carshop, so worth comparing. Both offers were considerably more than I was offered by a garage to trade in, the high millage (130k) put them off.

Plenty of rivals out there. Make sure you put your details in a few of them to get a good idea of its true value.

Try tootle if it is a fairly new car

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I sold them my van ,the day I took it in my guaranteed price had ran out,so we did it in the office and it went up £100 ,I asked why and he said it's worked out on the average auction price that week,they are owned by BCA ,due it it being a van they allow for dents so they never chipped me,definitely no complaints from me

I used this lot to get shot of my car a few years ago
    bestcarbuyer.co.uk

Their price was the same as WBAC, but they don't inspect the car and knock the price down. They just send a driver, not an employer of theirs, to your house, he just checks paperwork, VIN, mileage, service stamps, calls bestcarbuyer to confirm all ok, then they transfer the money. Money arrived in 5mins and i gave the guy the keys and off he went.

Master
    My experience was pretty much as above really. 2yr old Honda Civic, good condition and mileage, turned up, rep had a look round (including paint depth meter, I guess to check for filler), couple of stone chips on bonnet, £700 off quote. After a bit of negotiation he asked what I wanted for it, I told him, he said he couldn't get there so I said OK goodbye. By the time I had a brew in my hand at home, he rang me saying OK.
    They try it on, but if you have a good car and aren't desperate, call their bluff.

Reporting back from yesterdays thread start....

I popped along to WBAC, he chipped me 200 quid and I chomped on it. For the convenience of the whole thing, that did me.

Thanks for all the contributions.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post

I popped along to WBAC, he chipped me 200 quid and I chomped on it. For the convenience of the whole thing, that did me.
    What did he chip you for?

Journeyman

Thanks for all the contributions.
    Good to hear it went well. Now you have your new car to look forward to. Enjoy!

Master
    A good outcome :)

I did the other way round and took my WBAC quote to the garage I was buying from and said it was the lowest I'd go on a part ex. It worked it garage number 2!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    What did he chip you for?
    A 30mm long mark on the nearside rear door at low level which I'd overlooked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by billlo View Post
    Good to hear it went well. Now you have your new car to look forward to. Enjoy!
    Yes indeed, thank you (and it's not a leccy one either)

Master
    So you got 8100 for a car that is selling for £9 - 9.5k on Autotrader. In effect you've just short-changed yourself a grand. Surely trying it for a couple of weeks on Autotrader at £8995 wouldn't have been massive hassle. The last car I sold on there went, hassle-free to a trader who paid a deposit over the phone within 30mins of the ad going live on the website. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Of course, I'm making assumptions that your car wasn't a brown Lada,but you stated FSH, good condition etc, so why worry about tyre kickers?

Just my 2p, but if someone offered 8100 for a 9k+ watch on SC, they'd be laughed at and labelled a low-baller .

Steve.

Journeyman
    I'm guessing £9 - £9.5k is at dealers. Like I mentioned it's very difficult to sell a used car nowadays. Look at AutoTrader how many are private sales. I sold my mint FASH low mileage Audi A4 on Gumtree. No luck with AT and eBay. If Gumtree failed it would have been WBAC as a last resort.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    You often will receive a higher offer on email after a couple of weeks.
    no you wont ! i used em once to trade my sportvan on 10k and about 16month old and they tried to chip over the phone as the guy at the branch has to contact the big chief above but it was split mint . my current van is less than a year old and again mint but their price this time is shocking . they are owned by a big auction house apparently and a lot does go to the block

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    So you got 8100 for a car that is selling for £9 - 9.5k on Autotrader. In effect you've just short-changed yourself a grand. Surely trying it for a couple of weeks on Autotrader at £8995 wouldn't have been massive hassle. The last car I sold on there went, hassle-free to a trader who paid a deposit over the phone within 30mins of the ad going live on the website. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Of course, I'm making assumptions that your car wasn't a brown Lada,but you stated FSH, good condition etc, so why worry about tyre kickers?

Just my 2p, but if someone offered 8100 for a 9k+ watch on SC, they'd be laughed at and labelled a low-baller .

Steve.
    I too did the maths and you just about summed it up there pal.
    I figured that the time I may have spent dealing with prospective buyers wasn't worth the instant result from WBAC so that was that really.
    The insurance would have run out on Friday, I'm working out of town and have a fairly busy weekend planned ahead. Maybe any other time if I was local I may have considered it differently but this situation, it worked out fine.

I do miss it already though......

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post

Steve.
    I'm assuming the Autotrader value is the asking price. If so then it's unlikely you'll get that in full so by the time you've given a bit of a sales discount, the difference closes. I guess it depends how valuable your time is plus dealing with the inevitable tyre kickers etc.

I can understand paying the price for convenience

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    I can understand paying the price for convenience
    Thank you for the understanding.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They offered me £3k for a BMW 123D M-Sport Coupe. They knocked it down to £1700 after inspection, we negotiated to £2200. Sounds like a bad deal for me, however, it had 215000 miles on the clock, DPF warning light on and would do a forced regen, had recently broken down twice in one day on the M4 and been patched up with some new sensors but had taken to feeling as rough as a Badger's backside to drive. I was pleased with my winnings as I couldn't be bothered to advertise it and would have felt uncomfortable selling someone a money pit. BTW, their test drive is about 1m forward and 1m backwards, essentially to check whether or not the car can be driven through the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    They offered me £3k for a BMW 123D M-Sport Coupe. They knocked it down to £1700 after inspection, we negotiated to £2200. Sounds like a bad deal for me, however, it had 215000 miles on the clock, DPF warning light on and would do a forced regen, had recently broken down twice in one day on the M4 and been patched up with some new sensors but had taken to feeling as rough as a Badger's backside to drive. I was pleased with my winnings as I couldn't be bothered to advertise it and would have felt uncomfortable selling someone a money pit. BTW, their test drive is about 1m forward and 1m backwards, essentially to check whether or not the car can be driven through the auction.

From my experience I dont think they even make it to auction.I am convinced that they have dealers lined up to take some to showrooms.

Fair play on your experience.

Master
    I too did the maths and you just about summed it up there pal.
    I figured that the time I may have spent dealing with prospective buyers wasn't worth the instant result from WBAC so that was that really.
    The insurance would have run out on Friday, I'm working out of town and have a fairly busy weekend planned ahead. Maybe any other time if I was local I may have considered it differently but this situation, it worked out fine.

I do miss it already though......

Outstanding.

Your new new motor has a lot to live up to .

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    From my experience I dont think they even make it to auction.I am convinced that they have dealers lined up to take some to showrooms.

Fair play on your experience.
    WBAC is owned by BCA (British Car Auctions) and is a way of buying stock. There might be some good stuff that goes straight to dealers based on condition and mileage etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    I couldn't be bothered to advertise it and would have felt uncomfortable selling someone a money pit.
    That above I can understand.

Craftsman
    What do they do with all the cars they buy ?

Where do they come back into the market ?

Grand Master
    If youre really bored then type swear words into the Your Reg box and see what cars they are registered too!

PS it is a joke I realise
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    What do they do with all the cars they buy ?

Where do they come back into the market ?
    They are owned by bca so they go to auction.

WBAC have quoted £6-9k above any independent and franchised Maserati dealer for a 65 plate GranCabrio MC.

The depreciation since purchase is eye watering but if WBAC are good for their price, I will bite their hand off.