closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New AMG project 1

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

New AMG project 1

Journeyman
    1.6L pushing out 1000HP. Sounds like a recipe for reliability issues.

Fabulous

And all pre sold at £2.1 M

Master
    That does look rather awesome.

Pretty amazing when you consider it is primarily powered by a 1.6 v6 engine!! 0-124mph in under 6 seconds...

Journeyman
    Looks awesome.

Master
    Look a bit naughty that does. Some impressive tech too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulliner86 View Post
    1.6L pushing out 1000HP. Sounds like a recipe for reliability issues.
    it's a "V6 turbo hybrid F1 engine." so a third maybe of that HP would be from an electric motor.... notice the EV button or whatever it was at the end in the video... ?

"The Project One must be among the most challenging car set-up exercises ever undertaken. The turbocharged V6 engine itself has an electric motor built into its turbocharger for eliminating turbo lag, while another 160bhp e-motor works on the crankshaft. Then another two 50,000rpm, 160bhp electric motors independently drive each of the front wheels, allowing torque-vectoring, lightning-quick launches. Those front motors also allow a zero-emission EV mode, during which your £2.5m AMG hypercar becomes front-wheel drive (like the EV mode in a BMW i8)."
    Last edited by Xantiagib; 13th September 2017 at 10:54.

Master
    The dealer I bought my car from has one of these on order, with the intention to sell it as soon as he takes delivery.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    The dealer I bought my car from has one of these on order, with the intention to sell it as soon as he takes delivery.
    Not surprised TBH, reckon they'd have sold out at $5m each.

Wonder what the boot space is like?
    It needs to take at least 6 Sainsbury's bags.

Unless it's got a tow bar in the list of optional extras I can't see me buying one

Master
    I hope they have learned a few aerodynamic tricks since the CLK LM which seemed to spend too much time flying through the air in a backflip.

Quite amazing to see how quickly the P1/918/LaF trio have become 'old hat' - if this Project One and the Aston-Martin Valkyrie live up to expectations, they should be a whole 'class' faster. I do wish more consideration would be given to Koenigsegg though... both the Regera and the One:1 should be talked about and reviewed more, whereas I feel they've been largely ignored. The Regera has a fascinating powertrain, and the One:1 can't be that far off the all-time record of the Nurburgring if fitted with slicks like Bellof's 956.

The SCG003 is another car I hope gets the coverage/exploration it deserves. I had the great opportunity to speak to one of the engineers behind it at this year's Geneva Motor Show; my poor memory doesn't allow me to recall what he said in any great detail, but there was such enthusiasm and knowledge that I'd have struggled to refrain from opening the chequebook if I could afford to be a patron of such arts.