closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My first ever Rolex, I'm very pleased.

Threaded View

Master

My first ever Rolex, I'm very pleased.

Hi folks,

Probably a boring post this, but I just wanted to say that after a lot of saving, selling, stress (life has been...difficult over the last year), I now only own one watch. A Rolex Air-King.

This has been on the cards for a while but while I know the current Air-King is controversial I always loved the design when it was announced; I think the dial style borrows well from a motorsport/aeronautic aesthetic. Plus as a bonus, I'm teaching my son to tell time, so the mix of hour and minute is a help ;)

Anyway, because it was such a big purchase (this really is the most I could ever justify) I have been slowly saving the money - just eeked over the finishing line this month. But as this will be my last (and now only!) 'posh watch' I had decided I would be patient enough to find one at RRP (or, at least, not over).

Today wandering through town with my wife one was sat in an AD window. Went in, it still had all stickers...and my wife said "go for it".

I'm sure I'm just drinking the 'kool-aid' but it does seem a 'class above' other watches I have had. And while I have in the past aways been set on chronographs, or at least a timing bezel, but I find the simplicity of a three hand strangely liberating. Oh, it has the bracelet squeak! Finally, the lady that served me ensured they did not remove any of the protective stickers, and gave me both the hang tags.

Little else to add for now, but I am very pleased.

Now I just need to take the deep breath and remove the stickers (and grab a decent bracelet tool to make the clasp a little larger). Oh, I also need a good nights sleep - I found spending that much on a watch I have wanted since it was announced rather exhausting!

Last edited by redsox78; 13th September 2017 at 21:33.