closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anti-magnetic and the moon

Anti-magnetic and the moon

I'm beginning to "understand" this watch after a month + of having it, apart from it being a Speedmaster which has always caught my eye it is my most significant watch so far.
    The context being that I have experience of Daytonas ROO El Primeros Doppel Chronos as well.
    Firstly it's size. 44.25 in an asymmetric case and very easy to wear (7.5" wrist).
    Then the bracelet (now in the box) and replaced by a dark blue Hirsch Capitano water resistant which is so comfortable.
    Timekeeping - like a very good quartz. The Metas Certification on top of Cosc makes me think a lot of effort has gone into the accuracy.
    The crystal is sort of box shaped with very good anti reflection and let's the black dial "glow".
    The bezel next in ceramic with "Liquimetal" markings. Thin discrete and perfectly matching the dial.
    Moon - well it is a Speedmaster but it has a moonphase feature about which a lot has been written. Footprint - well it's there but it's the colour and detail that do it for me. It's the blue/grey of the moon disc that gave me the idea for the dark blue alligator strap. Also the representation of the passage of a month is conveyed much better with the moon phase depiction than just a date.
    Balance of the design - bi compax with 2 functions in each. Date and running seconds at 9 and chronograph hours and minutes at 3. All very symmetrical.
    Movement - really a tour de force. Apart from the accuracy (see above) and the way it looks there is it's thoroughly modern construction using anti magnetic components that make a Faraday cage unnecessary.
    This property makes me more confident of the Omega's durability. It's a bit like driving an ur quattro (but that's another story).
    It's not a Moonwatch - no manual wind, no tri compax chrono, no white hands but the ones on this watch are so elegant and beautifully proportioned.
    The chrono works smoothly and because of the hours and minutes being on the same register can be used for a 2nd time zone if started at the right time.
    Downsides - for me none. The size and thickness work well on my wrist. Autonomy at 60 hrs makes it easier to keep going and with its robustness and accuracy it could be all I need as a watch. I have been swimming with it (it's 100m resistant) no ill effects (push/pull crown).
    Omega have really developed the co-axial "branch" of the Speedmaster tree to what I think is a pinnacle of technical development.
    A couple of pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by robbie; 14th September 2017 at 14:10.

Thank you for posting this thread, which is interesting. Were you aware that if you go on the main Omega website and look at the tabs at the bottom of the page, there is one called 'access my test results'. Just follow the instructions and register and enter your details and the test results for your actual watch are there in great detail. It really is a good read.

I am really pleased that you are enjoying the watch. I found the Moonphase quite accurate. The guff does state that it only requires setting every 10 years. Might be worth considering a watch winder if you don't already have one if you ever intend to wear the watch in rotation with others. It's not the kind of watch that you want to be resetting every few weeks.

You do realise that if you had been moaning about stickers or warranty cards you would have 3 pages of responses by now.

Anyway, continue to enjoy the watch.

Master
    That's lovely. I tried this on but in the end went for a moon watch - mainly because this is just a bit big for me. I agree its perfectly proportioned, possibly because of the case size, and a real quality piece of work. Stunning to look at and really interesting also, you keep staring at it. What is under the hood goes without question but for me a little big for my skinny wrists. Then again I don't think it would work as well if it was smaller.

Suits you fine you lucky git! Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk