closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Keys

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I have these which seem to work OK - the trouble is the range of BT can make it hard to lock on but it kept me going back to the same area the other day until I eventually looked in the recyling bin !

https://www.thetileapp.com/en-gb/

Also this one - the Tile App seems better but the batteries are user replaceable on Track-R (I bought in US but now works in UK)

https://www.thetrackr.com/

Both would work better in a city with lots of users too due to "group find"
    I've just bought a LAPA tracker, which does the same sort of thing as the Tile but you can replace the batteries.

I was prompted to get it, after loosing my wallet last night. I have a thundering head cold, so my brain is more muddled than usual and after checking every room, I was out at 1:30 am searching the car, the pavement, the front garden. I'd had it at the supermarket earlier that day. The thought of having to cancel all my cards, get a new driving license and new memory cards which I keep in the wallet was just too much, so I decided to sleep on it and check everywhere again in the morning.
    I went to bed and there it was, under a pillow!

I invested in Tile when I started travelling a lot and as you say can get confused easily where stuff is. Is handy to check - I even put one in my hold luggage now and can see where that is. Tile does seem to be more reliable than Track-R but will see what they offer to exchange when the batteries are exhausted.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The night before we were moving house I lost the key to my beloved Subaru. I spent the next 2 hours searching for it (instead of finalising the packing). The wife returned and found the key in the empty washing machine!

Craftsman
    My Mrs "lost" one of her car keys a few years ago and after weeks of hunting and visits to local police we all but gave up and was going to pay for a replacement.

Around that time we had to call plumber back out to recalibrate the recently installed pump for the heating circuit in our extension. After lifting carpet and floorboards to access pump under floor what did we find - her missing key. Could have been there forever if the pump had been set right from day 1!

Craftsman
    Such good news to find them. All of the hassle and expense to sort if they stayed lost. Do you need to carry two car keys though all the time?

I'm no better anyway.. as one of the other posts, I found my keys in the fridge a time back..

I visited the local council tip and threw my car and house keys into the crushing machine with some rubbish bags. That was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    I visited the local council tip and threw my car and house keys into the crushing machine with some rubbish bags. That was annoying.
    Just a tad, I imagine...

My Lapa has just been delivered. It took a minute to set up on the app and I decided to test it by replicating leaving it under my pillow. I started in my front room, it picked up the signal through two thick walls and the "direction finder" told me which half of my flat it was in.

It made finding it easy and when I got close, I made the lapa beep, which I could hear from inside my wallet under the pillow. Nice. The "last seen at" feature also worked a treat. I'm impressed.

Master
    if your car doesn't have key less go be wary about overloading your key ring too much. The weight can knacker the key barrel in the car enough to make it inoperable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    How did you explain the crushed car to the insurance co.?