closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor black bay

Banned

Tudor black bay

I have been into goldsmiths today I almost bought a black bay they offered me 8% off list £2510 if I remember correctly. The only reason I didn't buy was because I want the best deal possible and thought I would ask on here. They also had a 0% option but I didn't ask about that. Is 8% a good deal? Are goldsmiths a good AD to buy from?

Need to know WHICH black bay. There's ...... well there's lots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Col, about time you buy a watch. There are so many good ones out there- watches and ADs.
    From Oris to Tag to PO to Breitling to Speedie to Black Bay.
    At some point, you need to go with your gut and just do it.

Banned
    Yes I've looked at lots watches I've bought a tag. But I want another. The black bay 79230b blue face and dial.

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Yes I've looked at lots watches I've bought a tag. But I want another. The black bay 79230b blue face and dial.
    Black Bay is a good choice.
    Am not in a position to opine about Goldsmith but I believe there have been some threads about them. You could search for those threads.

Banned
    When spending so much and not being expert it's good to hear off people in the know

When spending so much and not being expert it's good to hear off people in the know
    Place a WTB on here and save yourself some money.

Nobody is an expert at buying, we all make mistakes, but there are lots of people doing it. I'd ask for 20% and settle on 15%.
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    15% wow. That's takeit to a touch over £2k.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I'd ask for 20% and settle on 15%.
    Or alternatively, if there's a chance you'd want to try both the strap AND the bracelet, you could buy it on the bracelet but ask them to include the leather strap and deployant?

Banned
    I'm still after the black bay with steel bracelet and red bezel retail £2630. Most I can get off is 8% and some ADs saying no discount!! Which I find crazy. Does anyone know were I can get more? I'm ready to buy

Master
    I found the approach to discounting on Tudor to be pretty similar to Rolex. You can ask, but you won't get much if anything at all. They shouldn't treat the brand the same, but they more or less do. It's certainly not like omega where you can expect around 20% off most watches.

My approach would be to check prices at the grey importers and aim for that at least.

Nice watch

Master
    Blog Entries
    A friend of mine bought a Black Bay black, pvd model a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure where he bought it but he was very pleased with the 10% discount he got off.

Banned
    Does the 0% cost the AD? am i likely to get the discount if i want 0%? If i could get 10% and 0% i would jump now

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Nice watch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Does the 0% cost the AD? am i likely to get the discount if i want 0%? If i could get 10% and 0% i would jump now
    Why are you still asking us? You need to trundle round a few the ADs and ask them.

If it's a 0% finance deal you want you're unlikely to get a discount. Get a 0% on purchases credit card and then you'll be in a better position to barter.

Craftsman
    Had you bought at 8% discount when you first posted (which was before price rise) you would have saved over 12% on current price. You weren't happy back then but now you'd bite their hand off if they give you 10% off? How do you function in life being this indecisive??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    Had you bought at 8% discount when you first posted (which was before price rise) you would have saved over 12% on current price. You weren't happy back then but now you'd bite their hand off if they give you 10% off? How do you function in life being this indecisive??
    What's it got to do with you? Your so sad you just criticise people. People can however they want to be. Love to know what watch you have probably a Casio.

What's it got to do with you? Your so sad you just criticise people. People can however they want to be. Love to know what watch you have probably a Casio.
    Lol. You should ask your playground peers what they think about getting a discount on a Black Bay

Craftsman
    I'm trying to put some sense into your brain. Man up and get the fucking watch if you like it, 8% here or there makes no difference at this price range - if you can afford it you can afford it if not stop dreaming and get a Casio GW5610 (you can thank me later).

Chances are you might be a bot and this is an exercise in which case those who are behind you are doing a shit job at programming IQ into AI.

This thread is destined to end in tears...

Yep, popcorn

Master
    Col, why not put up a WTB? It wasn't so long ago that a red bezel BB with steel bracelet sold for less than £1500.

Craftsman
    He wants a brand new one, would be great if it was delivered by the chairman of Rolex himself with sub date thrown in as a thank you for finally deciding to purchase a Tudor. Ah and it has to cost less than 2k.

Banned
    Let's see your watches sparjar? yout probably on the minimum wage working at Asda. Come on let's see what you've got fuck all your probably the guy that sells them on the beach in Tenerife you arrogant piece of shit

Craftsman

Tudor black bay

Let's see your watches sparjar? yout probably on the minimum wage working at Asda. Come on let's see what you've got f**k all your probably the guy that sells them on the beach in Tenerife you arrogant piece of s**t
    Not wanting to wade in on this one but just as an FYI that language isn't generally well received in WT - you might want to consider editing your post.

Oh No!

Craftsman
    Let's see your watches sparjar? yout probably on the minimum wage working at Asda. Come on let's see what you've got fuck all your probably the guy that sells them on the beach in Tenerife you arrogant piece of shit
    If you were as good at making decisions as you are at being a nasty, vicious, foul mouth fooker you'd be already wearing a moonwatch on one wrist (the one that was offered to you brand new for way below RRP but "it didn't feel right") and the skoda of Swiss watches (the way you described Tudor in one of your "please tell me what I want" threads) on the other. But since you're not you're stuck with a shitter and we're stuck with your crappy topics.

Banned
    If you were as good at making decisions as you are at being a nasty, vicious, foul mouth fooker you'd be already wearing a moonwatch on one wrist (the one that was offered to you brand new for way below RRP but "it didn't feel right") and the skoda of Swiss watches (the way you described Tudor in one of your "please tell me what I want" threads) on the other. But since you're not you're stuck with a shitter and we're stuck with your crappy topics.
    Yep you probably have a Rolex worth £20k that you've saved all your life for why you sit in your mums back bedroom posting 250 times in 4 months. Well done.

Master
    Hope both you guys enjoyed your brief stay here, the ban hammer can't be far off for both of you

Craftsman
    Stepster, if that's what it takes to make our dear friend col81 stop posting his bullshite "tell me what I want and let me have it for 50% off RRP" threads I'm happy to sacrifice my account for that.

Banned
    Stepster, if that's what it takes to make our dear friend col81 stop posting his bullshite "tell me what I want and let me have it for 50% off RRP" threads I'm happy to sacrifice my account for that.
    I'm presuming you are retarded I do apologise I shouldn't have said to you what I've said I didn't realise you were mentally disturbed. I bet that's you who took the first speedie into space your heads obviously in space. So omega have you to thank for all the money they have made. Well done

- - - Updated - - -

Ban me I will be back on anew email and user name. 👍

Craftsman
    Ban me I will be back on anew email and user name. 👍
    Your style won't fool anyone.

Hi guys
    is VC a good brand? How well does it hold value? Could you tell me when can I find them for sale? Any discounts available? Is there a place I could type my questions and find instantaneous answers? I wish there was. I'd call it "gaggle" if it was my website...

Banned
    Ah I get it your mum won't let you have a nice watch...... don't want to speak to you again unless you can get me a good deal on the watch I started the thread on. Otherwise bye bye

Craftsman
    Guys I forgot to mention I once had a sub that I bought for 2.5k. Ideally I don't want to pay more for another one. Is Tudor a good brand? If I wanted a Speedmaster would that be a good replacement for a 2.5k sub? Is Goldsmiths a reputable jeweller? And BMW are they a reputable car maker? Is breathing a recommended thing if I wanted my brain to work as it was designed to?

Can we keep this conversation going for another 100's of posts so that I could finally make up my mind? One day?

Fffanks guys

Banned
    Your arrogance tells me you are a lonely ethnic

Craftsman
    You were supposed to ignore me unless... you still remember that one right? Or can you not decide if you want to ignore me or not?

Banned
    Bet you drive a Toyota pick up with all your samallian mates in the back from the beach in tenerife

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to burn you alive

Craftsman
    Bet you drive a Toyota pick up with all your samallian mates in the back from the beach in tenerife

- - - Updated - - -

Bwahahahahaha, this is going to end up well for you mate, I'm sure. BTW you should check google for correct spelling of "Somalian" bruv. You should also check google for other useful tips you might have questions on.

Your arrogance tells me you are a lonely ethnic

- - - Updated - - -

Oh dear

Banned
    Good night gents xxx

Banned
    What's the green tick I like it

Craftsman
    Good night gents xxx
    Read:
    - COLIN, HAVE YOU GONE TO BED YET? You need to wake up earlier to do your homework, remember?
    - MUM stop embarrassing me in front of my WIS friends!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

What's the green tick I like it
    Hahaha, you can't decide whether to leave or not can you hahahaha.

Master
    Strange thing dealers. When I've had the cash for a watch and gone in I've been pee'd off enough at their attitude to leave empty handed and when I've splashed it on other watches and strolled into a dealer just browsing while the Mrs shops (and told them I'm not interested in buying) I've twice found myself sat down with a watch on my wrist and the assistant offering money off to sell it!

That would be my angle for a discount. You go in thinking you're going to ask for a discount and they just reel out the "oh no, there's a waiting list" Yet you go in on the 'off chance' and pretend you're just killing time they'll do all they can to make a sale.

Please tell me that in 2017 I'm not seeing overt racism on a watch forum?!!? Good grief.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    A new low for TZ-UK.....................ah, the life blood of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    A new low for TZ-UK.....................ah, the life blood of the forum.
    Totally agree.

Master
    probably a good reason for moderation on the forum, their little squabble went for ages

Craftsman
    I find it interesting (as a British person) that we generally don't haggle over prices ..... except when it comes to cars..... and it would now seem Watches.

I wouldn't even ask for for a discount when buying a Watch, although P&C have given me a discount code for my next purchase from them (I want another Sinn).

Its great if you are offered a nice discount, especially as a loyal, returning customer.