closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Massdrop (Glycine again!)

Master

Massdrop (Glycine again!)

I know loads of members have bought from Massdrop, I'm just curious about import duty etc?

They have the Glycine Airman Double Twelve up at $400, which translates to about £300 in "real money". It ends soon but I'm hesitating because it's shipped from overseas...

I've never had a Glycine and it's the first one I like the look of. At £300 it would be easy to take a punt on then either keep as a knockabout watch or flip for the same price, but if the postage and fees push it up closer to £400 then it could turn into an expensive experiment.

Thanks all.

Master
    I purchased a watch early this year from them, but it came shipped from Germany so the were no extra charges to pay, BUT, the warranty card was not filled in, which according to the warranty terms meant that there was no manufacturers three year warranty, in fact, after emailing Massdrop, no warranty at all, so check the 'included' and 'spec' section for the watch you're thinking of buying.
    Quote-
    Hello,
    Thanks for contacting Massdrop Community Support. My name is Jeramy and I'd be happy to help to look into this for matter.

Unfortunately, we do not have the technical knowledge to provide you with the answer to your specific product question. We do our best to include very detailed product information on the drop pages, but if you cannot find the answer you are looking for, we suggest heading over to the drop discussion and asking the community!

I reviewed the drop page and can confirm that there is no warranty with the watch. When warranties are included you'll find the warranty information under the "included" or "specs" section. We do apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any other questions, let me know.
    Kind regards,
    Jeramy

Master
    At this sort of value a blank guarantee card doesn't fill me with dread, but I definitely appreciate the reply. Now just the decision between white dial or blue dial!

Master
    It does state that the glycine is covered by the two years manufacturers warranty so that's some piece of mind, it's just now a case of finding out where it will eventually be shipped to you from, that blue dial does look nice thought......

I've heard of massdrop and been tempted with headphones/speakers and other consumer electronics.. what's the experience and the value like with them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I got a combat sub from Massdrop earlier in the year and got hit for VAT, a small amount of duty and a handling charge.

Was expecting it but always a pain having to pay. Think it was about the name price in $ so added just under £90 to the price.

Still not a bad watch for around £400, saw it the other day and was tempted by the white dial but have resisted.