closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Salon QP 2017 Tickets

Master

Salon QP 2017 Tickets

What's the deal with tickets this year? I had to "register interest" in going, which was then "approved" and I've been sent a ticket by email which I can add to my Apple Wallet or print etc. I have paid no money.

Is this an event ticket? Are they not charging for the daytime, non-reception sessions any more? The information is very ambiguous!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    What's the deal with tickets this year? I had to "register interest" in going, which was then "approved" and I've been sent a ticket by email which I can add to my Apple Wallet or print etc. I have paid no money.

Is this an event ticket? Are they not charging for the daytime, non-reception sessions any more? The information is very ambiguous!
    You've registered your interest, nearer the time the Telegraph (new sponsors) will contact you and offer you a variety of ticket options, you can then update your Registration to an e-ticket.

This allows you to enter competitions held by exhibitors or advertisers and also allows them to say to prospective exhibitors "We've got Xxx pre-registered attendees for each day".

Common practice in sponsored exhibitions now, exhibitors each get an amount of free & discounted ticket codes to give away.

Rob

Master
    Thanks. I figured that was most likely the case but the fact it came through as an actual e-ticket confused me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting this, as I had done the same and was similarly confused. Hopefully I'm on for the Saturday!

Sent from my SM-G925F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote from the marketing email sent out today:

"This year, our daytime session tickets are available at no charge. You can also upgrade your visit with premium Thursday and Friday night tickets. These include fine wines, specially crafted cocktails and exquisite canapés as part of your Salon QP experience."

So what I and others have received is in fact a ticket! Happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    Quote from the marketing email sent out today:

"This year, our daytime session tickets are available at no charge. You can also upgrade your visit with premium Thursday and Friday night tickets. These include fine wines, specially crafted cocktails and exquisite canapés as part of your Salon QP experience."

So what I and others have received is in fact a ticket! Happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yup,
    I've received the email too, along with the e-ticket!

Great idea.

Rob

Master
    How long did it take between registering interest and receiving the actual tickets after approval? I have registered my interest today and received the email from Event Brite that says it isn't the ticket but just confirmation of order which will be reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    How long did it take between registering interest and receiving the actual tickets after approval? I have registered my interest today and received the email from Event Brite that says it isn't the ticket but just confirmation of order which will be reviewed.
    48 hrs (weekdays)

Rob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    48 hrs (weekdays)
    Thanks. I wonder what their 'approval criteria' are though

Blog Entries
    I wonder what their 'approval criteria' are though
    If you have to ask then you're probably not in. ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    If you have to ask then you're probably not in. ;-)
    Fair enough. Didn't realise it was some sort of an "exclusive club" so I'm probably better off out anyway.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. Didn't realise it was some sort of an "exclusive club" so I'm probably better off out anyway.
    Oh I was just jesting!

I don't think it's all that exclusive, is it?

Master
    Oh I was just jesting!

I don't think it's all that exclusive, is it?
    Ah ok. I have no idea TBH. The form asked basic questions like how many watches do you own, what do you do and where do you work etc. I found it strange they would care about what somebody does for a living in order to approve/disapprove them for a watch exhibition. The only reason that would make sense to me would be if they prefer watch or journalism related professions.

Ah ok. I have no idea TBH. The form asked basic questions like how many watches do you own, what do you do and where do you work etc. I found it strange they would care about what somebody does for a living in order to approve/disapprove them for a watch exhibition. The only reason that would make sense to me would be if they prefer watch or journalism related professions.
    May I suggest another reason? They need answers to persuade exhibitors and advertisers that the audience will be made up of home-owning ABC1s earning 70k, or whatever demographic their luxury marketing is aimed at nowadays...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    May I suggest another reason? They need answers to persuade exhibitors and advertisers that the audience will be made up of home-owning ABC1s earning 70k, or whatever demographic their luxury marketing is aimed at nowadays...
    Perhaps. However, it would be difficult to determine things like home ownership and income based purely on who I work for and as what. My employer has an extremely wide range of remuneration levels for the same corporate titles. But I get the idea :)

Master
    Me and Mrs. registered Saturday evening and both have received our confirmations this morning. Definitely not exclusive if they've let us in lol.

Master
    All relative, but a watch-hobbyist friend went and found the experience quite unpleasant. He felt the place was full of snobbish salesman with a dismissive attitude. So I won't be applying. Probably wouldn't 'qualify' anyway.

Master
    Hmmm. If true then doesn't sound like the kind of event I'd want to be part of.

I just got confirmation as well so if anyone is around on the Saturday afternoon for a chat/drink I would be happy to oblige

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    All relative, but a watch-hobbyist friend went and found the experience quite unpleasant. He felt the place was full of snobbish salesman with a dismissive attitude. So I won't be applying. Probably wouldn't 'qualify' anyway.
    Act depends on the brands - some were totally unfriendly and have turned me off the brand completely. Moser and Laurent Ferrier were extremely unpleasant and totally turned me off the brands.

But some were helpful and I had a good natter with - the standouts were MB&F and Kari Voutilanen very interesting conversations. If I can ever afford a watch in that territory those 2 are top of my list. A mention for Chopard and Nomos too who were also very accommodating.

Im booked to visit salonQp on the Friday day time session. I'm also thinking of going to the Thursday evening. Can anybody tell me if I'll manage to get my £200 worth of wine and cocktails?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Moser and Laurent Ferrier were extremely unpleasant and totally turned me off the brands.
    That's disappointing and sort of surprising. May I ask, in what way were they unpleasant?

That's disappointing and sort of surprising. May I ask, in what way were they unpleasant?
    Totally ignoring me when i tried to get their attention which is just plain rude in my book. Did they consider me not worthy or not a serious customer? Didn't stop MB&F chatting to me for like 20 mins and showing their whole range, and no way in hell could I afford one of those!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Totally ignoring me when i tried to get their attention which is just plain rude in my book. Did they consider me not worthy or not a serious customer?
    That's really odd. Since you were at the event at all one would assume that they'd be pleased to talk to you.

That's really odd. Since you were at the event at all one would assume that they'd be pleased to talk to you.
    Indeed, especially as the time I went wasn't exactly busy. There were a few snobby brands like that, but these are the two which still stick out. I won't be buying any of their watches even if I could afford them.

Incidentally - A friend of mine had dinner with the Moser CEO recently and I did mention to pass on my comments