closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Everest rubber strap for rolex, worth the money?

Master

Everest rubber strap for rolex, worth the money?

Just wondering what the views are on Everest rubber straps? £180 seems a tad steep for a bit of rubber? Are there any alternatives that also have curves ends? Thinking of maybe a blue one for my OP 114300 Rhodium dial.

There are alternatives, but none that I'm aware of with the Everest design. All the cheaper ones have borrowed the Rubber B design.

There were a couple of threads recently that touched on this, if you want to search for them.

Cousins do a reasonable version made of vulcanised rubber, and while the finishing isn't up there with Everest and Rubber B, for the cost it's a good strap.

As to whether the Everest is worth it; it's a well made, well finished strap. How much are you prepared to pay for that? I really liked the one I had for my Explorer, but I just preferred the bracelet more.

Master
    The cousins strap definitely seems good value, I will have to look further into that option. The appeal of the Everest one though is that it can be used with the Rolex clasp, so elevating the strap A bit further and seem like an OEM part, plus the strap can be bought sized for my wrist. I have a Everest retailer near my office so at least I can check them out before buying. Just wondered if there are any others I should consider?

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I just don't think Rolex suite aftermarket straps at all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

I think IMHO my DSSD looks far better on a rubber B than on the bracelet

Master
    I got one for my Explorer:

Also tried it on the YM:

And the GMT Master:

It's a good quality strap and it fits the watches very well - but I must admit it's currently sitting in a drawer and the watches are on their bracelets.

I think it depends on how one wears a watch ,if you prefer a bracelet and wear it loose on the wrist it feels comfortable to just shake your wrist to stop it from sticking whereas if you wear a rubber/silicone strap it will stick to your wrist and not feel as 'loose' as the bracelet. I prefer my deep sea on its bracelet but anything smaller is comfortable on either.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    I think IMHO my DSSD looks far better on a rubber B than on the bracelet

I tried mine on a NATO. Not a good look. I couldn't even bring myself to photograph it. I do like that rubber strap tho.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

It's a good quality strap and it fits the watches very well - but I must admit it's currently sitting in a drawer and the watches are on their bracelets.
    Yeah, this is where I'm worried mine will end up if I get it

I found my leather Everest straps to be excellent, the solid end links are superb.

But... I drifted back to the OEM bracelet in a year...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    There are alternatives, but none that I'm aware of with the Everest design. All the cheaper ones have borrowed the Rubber B design.

There were a couple of threads recently that touched on this, if you want to search for them.

Cousins do a reasonable version made of vulcanised rubber, and while the finishing isn't up there with Everest and Rubber B, for the cost it's a good strap.

As to whether the Everest is worth it; it's a well made, well finished strap. How much are you prepared to pay for that? I really liked the one I had for my Explorer, but I just preferred the bracelet more.
    Do the Cousins straps have curved ends?

I wouldn't overspend; most of these end up residing in drawers after the novelty wears off, just as downer has attested.

Blog Entries
    Micheal. How are you doing?

I have one on my Explorer 1 39mm - which makes a change from the bracelet. Good thing is one strap fits quite a few models (though there is a special one for SD variants).

I may try on my new YM when I get home.

Maybe a WRB would get you one at less than retail - but the quality can't be faulted and is probably less than OEM.

Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans View Post
    Yes.

Craftsman
    Yes.
    Thanks - have ordered a 22mm one so will see how it fits my Tudor BBN and report back.

Yes.
    Thanks - have ordered a 22mm one so will see how it fits my Tudor BBN and report back.
    The ones I posted about, called Rolex Sub Generic, only come in 20mm.

Craftsman
    The ones I posted about, called Rolex Sub Generic, only come in 20mm.
    Yeah, I ordered a different one that was 22mm.

Tried a generic rubber from eBay on my GMT master2 using the original clasp, a bitch to fit but I thought it looked absolutely killer, but it's back on bracelet now as most others also say.
    I would say if you only want to try, buy a cheapie to see if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Just wondering what the views are on Everest rubber straps? £180 seems a tad steep for a bit of rubber? Are there any alternatives that also have curves ends? Thinking of maybe a blue one for my OP 114300 Rhodium dial.

If you are looking to get your moneys worth, especially for matching with a Rolex watch, then you should not go with the asian made Everest. You should go with the only strap that says SWISS MADE in the belly- and that's Rubber B. Im surprised you did not know that.

Following this thread I bought and fitted a Cousins generic Rolex strap to my Explorer II. It fits well and I'm pleased with the quality for the price. The only downside is the strap length. It's shown as 200mm in the description but on measuring I found it to be 115 / 75mm. The 10mm difference may not seem a big deal but I'm on the last but one hole on the strap with my 7¹/₄ to 7¹/₂" wrist. The next hole is a shade tight.

Just a bit of info for anyone considering the strap.

Quote Originally Posted by moorery2001 View Post
    If you are looking to get your moneys worth, especially for matching with a Rolex watch, then you should not go with the asian made Everest. You should go with the only strap that says SWISS MADE in the belly- and that's Rubber B. Im surprised you did not know that.
    Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Everest website
    Everest's first strap idea for Rolex wearers was a revolutionary rubber strap that would perfectly hug the case of a Rolex sports watch while also integrating with a Rolex Deployment clasp. Everest has evolved the idea of a Rolex replacement rubber strap over time and now we use Swiss vulcanized Rubber that is durable, resistant to dirt & dust, luxuriously finished, and incredibly comfortable to wear.

Not convinced that's an entirely serious account, looking at its collected oeuvre

One undeniably positive thing about this forum is the wealth of information contained within. Maintaining its integrity is important and worthwhile, even if said information is sometimes niche, even bordering on trivial.

Craftsman
    Sports Rolex looks best on its Oyster Bracelet, period.

Rubber B and Everest might be good quality, but I still don't understand the point of risking to ruin a £1000+ clasp by putting it on a rubber strap.

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by dabear; 20th September 2017 at 20:45.

Apprentice
    Not really the type for alternative straps on my watches BUT I can say that Rubber B is the one exception. Not a big fan of Everest & Cousins is just a waste of anyones time since they're dirt cheap and contain no real quality.

Quote Originally Posted by c_robbs View Post
    Not really the type for alternative straps on my watches BUT I can say that Rubber B is the one exception. Not a big fan of Everest & Cousins is just a waste of anyones time since they're dirt cheap and contain no real quality.
    Or another way of looking at it, in contrast to the Everests and Rubber Bs, Cousins' straps represent fantastic value for money. They're more than 10 times cheaper, and apart from slightly less-refined finishing, they are basically the same as a Rubber B with their vulcanized rubber and practically identical design.

Do these cousins ones fit the non-ceramic no date?

Tried the Everest but in no way could I fit it to my watch. Had to send it back.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    They look good but alongside rubberb they are the biggest motherb*tches on the planet to fit.
    I hate them

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    They look good but alongside rubberb they are the biggest motherb*tches on the planet to fit.
    I hate them
    Quite.

they are basically the same as a Rubber B with their vulcanized rubber and practically identical design.
    Why Everest straps are so much easier to fit, and these ones so tricky, is something of a mystery. I'm relatively adept at changing straps, nevertheless the Rubber B/Cousins are the only cause of strap-changing marks on the lugs of my Explorer.