closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: O&W (Ollech & Wajs)

O&W (Ollech & Wajs)

Browsing earlier, I noticed the O&W website has finished up selling watches branded O&W and it seems Mr Wajs is just selling off the last of his Aviation (Navitimer type) watches.

I have had three O&W watches over the years and I still have my Mirage III (best V7750 there is). I have a huge affection for those watches and that brand. At one time I ended up in regular correspondence with Mr Wajs and he is a gentleman. He is 87 years old and I wish him nothing but the best.

http://chronotime.ch/

In the final image I compare an O&W Mirage III to a CWC G10 and a Rolex Exp 11 (40mm). The bracelet (LHS) is the one that was supplied with the Mirage III from Mr Wajs.

I've always loved the Caribbean 1000

I tried to buy one several time when RLT sold them but gave after the third order was cancelled due to 'stock issues'. Shortly after, Roy stopped selling them and I bought something else.

My only example.
    I know virtually nothing about it except that it might have a prototype dial.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    Browsing earlier, I noticed the O&W website has finished up selling watches branded O&W and it seems Mr Wajs is just selling off the last of his Aviation (Navitimer type) watches.
    I have had three O&W watches over the years and I still have my Mirage III (best V7750 there is). I have a huge affection for those watches and that brand. At one time I ended up in regular correspondence with Mr Wajs and he is a gentleman. He is 87 years old and I wish him nothing but the best.
    Last week I got from Mr. Wajs his latest price list. I was interested in Aviation watches. There are indeed only some last pieces left.

In my collection I have rare Moon Orbiter by Ollech & Wajs.

If you are interested - this is my review on Moon Orbiter.

Still have my O&W 3095 with 2824-2 engine.
    Wonderful pilot!
    This might become a rarity so maybe I better hong on to it.
    Would love to own a Mirage though some day.

Eddie used to sell them back in the day. Bought an O&W Kartago Sub-a-like from him when they were around £150 new.

Great VFM even then.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Eddie used to sell them back in the day. Bought an O&W Kartago Sub-a-like from him when they were around £150 new.

Great VFM even then.
    Roy Taylor used have them as well in the olden days. I bought this M1 diver for about £150...

A nice watch that I enjoyed but long gone.

Just have this Franck Muller lookalike now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    Roy Taylor used have them as well in the olden days. I bought this M1 diver for about £150...

A nice watch that I enjoyed but long gone.

Mine's gone as well.

Traded it (plush cash) years ago with dear old Paul ex of this parish for his Seamaster SMP which I still have.

Happy, simpler days.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy1 View Post
    I foolishly past on an opportunity to acquire one of these a few years ago. It is the only decision not to buy that I still regret.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    I foolishly past on an opportunity to acquire one of these a few years ago. It is the only decision not to buy that I still regret.
    I'm lucky not to have missed many opportunities - just the ones I couldn't afford! This was always one of my favourites though.

Can i get more infomation for this particular piece?

trying to visit most of the O&W sites but without success on this particular model, looking forward to some one who can direct me the link and info. thank you!!

O&W used to vary the range quite a bit as parts varied.

This looks like something similar to the O&W Mirage case (with a bezel). You can buy chrono cases with bezels that you can drop a 7750 into. Maybe this watch is a re-housed Mirage ? I have seen Mirages with Date only (most are Day-Date).

Mirage was always 7750 powered and it did vary in shape / components...

The Toledo model was similar to Mirage but with a non bezel case.