closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heuer 1550SG query

Master

Heuer 1550SG query

Hi, first visit to the military forum!

I've had a Heuer 1550 SG for a couple of years, and bought it as part of a small collection of watches simply because I liked the look of it. It's a clean dial version - no T, no red 3H markings - and it's in really lovely condition, barring the fact that the caseback has a dent in it.

No desire to sell, but I really don't know what it should be insured for - my policy states that anything over £2k should be specified, and I've always assumed that it falls below this level. Looking at similar ones on eBay, Chrono24 and the like makes me think that either my own estimate is way under market value, or the prices asked are massively OTT.

Anyone here able to give me some advice?

Hi I think the going rate is closer to 3.5k these days dependant on the dial version.
    The guys over at MWR (broadarrow.net) may be able to give you a better idea.

Master
    Eek! Thanks for that - I'll pop over and ask their advice.

Heuer 1550SG query

It would help if you posted a couple of pictures.

The dial you describe exits in (at least) two versions; Sinn and "Breitsamer"
    Case back with 3 main variations of the NSN.
    Case itself in two versions
    Serial number in two formats; 4 or 6 digits

Mix those 4 parameters and you will get different prices because each combo will have different degree of "original" watch.

FYI. I saw a "Sinn" dial , non-tritium NSN, stepped case, 4-digit serial for €2500 very recently
    Last edited by longbear; 7th September 2017 at 16:25.