closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NOS 1980's Vostok Amphibia Blue Scuba Dude

Banned

NOS 1980's Vostok Amphibia Blue Scuba Dude

I started a thread yesterday on WUS Russian section about this but thought I would aslo share it here.

Arrived today. Very impressed with it. Didn't have a strap than would fit yje 18mm lugs so bought a 20mm nato today in a watch repair shop, 20mm was all they had and it'll do until my leather zulu arrives tomorrow.

upload phots

And a pic of what the dial looks like in low light

The dial is one of many different shades of blue, maybe even greens. The scuba dude on the dial disappears at some angles.

The second hand sweeps smoother than any other modern Vostok I've had. The ticking sounds more mechanical than other Vostoks I've owned. Not sure if it's because it might need oiled as it's old.

The case, bezel, crown and caseback all have sharper edges than modern Amphibias. Only the new model Amphibias from the models I have had have a crown as nice as this one.

Does anyone know if the production date can be identified from the caseback?

My pictures don't show how creamy the lume is. Here are the sellers pics

Last edited by James_; 5th September 2017 at 18:44.

Master
    Great looking watch. I really like the sunburst dials on some vostoks. I picked a vintage one up a day or two ago who's dial goes from teal to silver.

My only complaint is the lug width. 18mm is just too small for a 40mm watch imo. I don't like natos, but it looks great with yours due to the extra width.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Great looking watch. I really like the sunburst dials on some vostoks. I picked a vintage one up a day or two ago who's dial goes from teal to silver.

My only complaint is the lug width. 18mm is just too small for a 40mm watch imo. I don't like natos, but it looks great with yours due to the extra width.
    I agree on the lug size. Thought about notching a 20mm rubber strap or theres a couple of notched rubber straps around. The leather zulu might not look so small as it has big rings but not sure.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That dial is really lovely.

That looks great, and nice to find a NOS one. 21 jewel movement sounds interesting. I have one that I assume is late 70s or early 80s which has a 17 jewel movement. It's practically silent when running but then again I've never seen a modern one to compare with.

I don't mind the 18mm lug width. Depending on your taste, I'd recommend a Tropic style strap, either a NOS one or one of the cheaper modern silicone copies.

Thanks a lot for posting, I can see why you'd be so excited.

Really like that dial in the sunlight, amazing the different shades it can turn

A lovely example of a real classic.

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Does anyone know if the production date can be identified from the caseback?
    Nope - not from the stamped number anyway. There's a quite a bit of guesswork in dating most Soviet watches - one of the best ways is from old catalogues. There's a good selection here if you hadn't seen it before: https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...216?source=pwa

Master
    Love the dude, a classic and in the best dial colour imo.
    Enjoy!

Very nice, congratulations.

I like that... Have just been browsing ebay and there are loads of styles.

Are the new ones any good?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan... View Post
    I like that... Have just been browsing ebay and there are loads of styles.

Are the new ones any good?
    Take a look at Meranom, they have some lovely special editions all case models.