closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Case Micro Laser Welding, anyone know someone who can do this?

Question Watch Case Micro Laser Welding, anyone know someone who can do this?

Last edited by SSTEEL; 5th September 2017 at 04:44.

Hi.

I'm also a member of the German uhrforum.
    A Member there has recommended Watchmaker Steven for laser welding repairs.
    http://uhren-stevens.com/
    Sorry, the website is only available in German.

Thanks, I will reach out to them, and see if they can help.

Read this thread: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...pics-on-page-3 there was contact information too.

Excellent, many thanks.

You could also ask nbtimes who he uses; whoever apparently does his cases would seem to be very skilled, as they look sharper than when they left the factory after he's done with them. ;)

Thanks again, great to have options. Appreciated.

Is access to 904L steel going to be a problem? Or is this particular case made from 316 anyway.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Is access to 904L steel going to be a problem? Or is this particular case made from 316 anyway.....?
    This is a homage case, so I would imagine its 316L

Uh... so why did you call it a Submariner case?

Because its similar to a Submariner mid-case, its actually a Ginualt case if that helps.

OK, fair enough. Just seems that the material is a lot more relevant than the model in this, erm, case. ;)

OT but apparently the latest fake Daytona's are now made from 904L.

Good of you to spend your precious time on a homage when you're normally busy with the real thing

It's well known I work on frankens, and high end replica's, but as my day job I work on genuine brands, but keep that completely separate from reps for obvious reasons.

Good of you to spend your precious time on a homage when you're normally busy with the real thing.
    Dude sure loves his fakes. That's one hell of a prolific operation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    It's well known I work on frankens, and high end replica's, but as my day job I work on genuine brands, but keep that completely separate from reps for obvious reasons.
    Non-scumbags call those things "fakes".

Each to their own, I own many gens, homages, frankens, and a couple of fakes too.

That's a hell of a lot of fake watches for a side job, pal.

So, is the completed watch going to say "Ginault" on the dial?

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    So, is the completed watch going to say "Ginault" on the dial?
    Sorry for the delay, I suspect so, I only have the case here which was shipped to me for repair, as mentioned in my opening post, I was hoping to simply fill this small area with stainless steel solder, but alas, it didn't hold, hence why I started this thread :)

I've reached out to a couple of people now with regards laser welding the area, and then I will refinish the mid-case and return to my customer's watchmaker.

Seems legit.

Funny — you'd think that someone claiming to be watchmaker who does servicing for all Swatch Group brands — which he thinks includes TAG Heuer — wouldn't have to resort to asking random people on a forum about this kind of stuff. ;)

I live in Kuopio, in the middle of nowhere, business is ok, but the franken and custom projects/work helps of course.

FYI The Swatch Group is a Swiss manufacturer of watches and jewelry. The company was founded ... such as LVMH, which markets TAG Heuer, Hublot and Zenith watch lines, and Richemont, which markets amongst others, Baume & Mercier etc

The Swatch Group employs about 36,000 people in 50 countries. In 2016, net sales were 7.533 billion Swiss francs (CHF), decreasing 11% from 2015 results.
    Last edited by SSTEEL; 4th September 2017 at 12:03.

Another one for the ignore list.

Indeed, I'd imagine that anything pays better than a day job that's entirely fabricated.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Another one for the ignore list.
    Ya gotta savour the irony of seeing the fake-watch cretins complaining about being scammed by a fake watchmaker, though. :)

The internet is a crazy place.

Indeed it is, as even the most perfunctory of searches will quickly reveal:

Gee, what are the chances of that?

I live in Kuopio, in the middle of nowhere, business is ok, but the franken and custom projects/work helps of course.

FYI The Swatch Group is a Swiss manufacturer of watches and jewelry. The company was founded ... such as LVMH, which markets TAG Heuer, Hublot and Zenith watch lines, and Richemont, which markets amongst others, Baume & Mercier etc

The Swatch Group employs about 36,000 people in 50 countries. In 2016, net sales were 7.533 billion Swiss francs (CHF), decreasing 11% from 2015 results.
    So you even fabricate your own fake reality?

You have taken two quotes from the Wikipedia page about Swatch Group and have deleted all context so that it appears to support your nonsense claim that TAG is part of Swatch.

In reality it says the opposite:
    "Swatch subsidiary*ETA SA, which is based in*Grenchen, Switzerland, furnishes many*OEMbrands, such as*LVMH, which markets*TAG Heuer,*Hublot*and*Zenith watch*lines...."

Unbelievable.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    So you even fabricate your own fake reality?

You have taken two quotes from the Wikipedia page about Swatch Group and have deleted all context so that it appears to support your nonsense claim that TAG is part of Swatch.

In reality it says the opposite:
    "Swatch subsidiary*ETA SA, which is based in*Grenchen, Switzerland, furnishes many*OEMbrands, such as*LVMH, which markets*TAG Heuer,*Hublot*and*Zenith watch*lines...."

Unbelievable.
    To be fair to him, he's just cut and paste from Google's search result for the Swatch Group Wiki page but yes, while some Tag Heuers have ETA (Swatch owned) movements in them, they are firmly an LVMH brand.

More worrying is his claim to service watches for Tag Heuer...
    ...I service watches for TH, in fact all SG brands...

Don't always believe what you read online, its slander, and been ongoing for years from a couple of websites. Anyway, not liking the hospitality here anymore, which is a shame, so will request for my account to be removed.

Master
    Don't always believe what you read online, its slander, and been ongoing for years from a couple of websites. Anyway, not liking the hospitality here anymore, which is a shame, so will request for my account to be removed.
    That tends to happen when people are found to be actively involved in the fake watch industry

Result.

Result.
    Does "slander" even apply to stories about wrecking counterfeit goods? (Apparently, the fake-watch types call him 'SSteal'.)

I'd simply call that "poetic justice".

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Does "slander" even apply to stories about wrecking counterfeit goods? (Apparently, the fake-watch types call him 'SSteal'.)

I'd simply call that "poetic justice".
    What I am genuinely interested in, is how these pople can live with all the lies in their lives - both from a moral point, but also how do you assure you keep track of all the different realities and don't contradict yourself all the time?

What I am genuinely interested in, is how these pople can live with all the lies in their lives - both from a moral point, but also how do you assure you keep track of all the different realities and don't contradict yourself all the time?
    For sure; legit work seems like it'd be a lot less stressful and lame than messing around with fraudulent goods — especially if you completely suck at it, as this clown apparently does. A quick skim of the search results would suggest that he also lacks the skills to avoid getting caught out in his own contradictions.

It's rather difficult to have any sympathy for someone who's so disliked and incompetent in an inherently-dishonest field. And I reckon fake buyers and a fake watchmaker deserve each other. :D

Falsely attributing bad behaviour to someone would be defamation. When they admit to that behaviour then they deserve to be called all the words we don't use in WT threads.

Interesting that he deleted the photos and story about the "client's watchmaker" having done this to the case in an apparently-inept attempt to replace a crown tube: