closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SDc 50th Bezel alignment

Master
    I picked up a brand new bee emm many years ago, gave it a quick glance over and immediately noticed two major stone chips on the bonnet. Was most unimpressed. They fixed it for me but I never bought the same marque again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

I too have been diagnosed with bezel alignment OCD and bringing a bnib watch home finding out about it, would annoy me enormously..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Was it new? Couldn't they just have replaced it with one with the right alignment?
    Yes it was new.... I felt it was better to get them to put it right than wait for an age for a replacement..

Master
    I had a similar issue with the first and last Bremont I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Yes it was new.... I felt it was better to get them to put it right than wait for an age for a replacement..
    Oh right hadn't thought they would make you wait even longer for a replacement! Extraordinary really given the price...

Apprentice
    Surprised they accepted the problem and fixed it. Mine had (already flipped) misaligned hands and/or eccentric dial which caused the minute hand to hit in between minute markers half of the time. Service center argued it to be OK even though one needed to guess wheter it was e.g. 27 or 28 minutes past once the second hand pointed at 12.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    I'm just amazed that someone was brave enough to take the stickers off their SD43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iiro View Post
    Surprised they accepted the problem and fixed it. Mine had (already flipped) misaligned hands and/or eccentric dial which caused the minute hand to hit in between minute markers half of the time. Service center argued it to be OK even though one needed to guess wheter it was e.g. 27 or 28 minutes past once the second hand pointed at 12.
    That is shockingly poor

Well they did mention they are not in the watch business, but in the luxury business so we should not judge these as watches ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by iiro View Post
    So you could hack the movement at 12 (for seconds) set the minute hand to 12 exactly and by the time it reached 27.5 the second hand swept past 12?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    So you could hack the movement at 12 (for seconds) set the minute hand to 12 exactly and by the time it reached 27.5 the second hand swept past 12?
    Yes. Set 12:00:00 with no problems. But when the time reaches 12:30:00, second hand is at 12 but minute hand is between 29 and 30.
    When back to 13:00:00, everything is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I picked up a brand new bee emm many years ago, gave it a quick glance over and immediately noticed two major stone chips on the bonnet. Was most unimpressed. They fixed it for me but I never bought the same marque again.

Because the dealer fecked up?

That seems a bit extreme

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Because the dealer fecked up?

That seems a bit extreme
    Was only one factor in a car that was obviously made on a Friday afternoon. 🤤🤤🤤

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Was only one factor in a car that was obviously made on a Friday afternoon. 襤襤襤

Ahh.. that makes sense

Journeyman
    I feel your pain. My Rehaut is a bit squint on my BLNR. Was told it was 'within tolerance'.

Hopefully you get it sorted.