closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek Philippe price rise

Patek Philippe price rise

Has anyone had confirmation on the 5.5% rise coming into effect tomorrow?

Even more so has anyone got any leads on a 5164a being available?
    Last edited by pitbull666; 31st August 2017 at 17:32. Reason: Wrong day!

Yes, there is a rise in prices from tomorrow. I had this on good authority from Boodles a couple of weeks ago. They think it will be 5%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Yes, there is a rise in prices from tomorrow. I had this on good authority from Boodles a couple of weeks ago. They think it will be 5%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. Heard 5-6% depending how rounded the new price becomes!

Thought as much be looking at 26-27k for the 5164a now.

Time to decide if the 13k premium over my 5167a is justifiable hmmmm

Still can't believe the 5712 is the same price.

Watches of Switzerland (Canary Wharf Branch) confirmed it to me today with Rolex and AP increases to follow

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Watches of Switzerland (Canary Wharf Branch) confirmed it to me today with Rolex and AP increases to follow
    Really AP have already had two so on around 15%, PP as of tomorrow the same it's only Rolex lagging behind at 10%

Didn't think we would see another AP increase, mind you US dealers had their margins cut by 5% last month.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Really !? At least that means the call for a blnr will be soon!! A few days after the increase no doubt!!

Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    Really !? At least that means the call for a blnr will be soon!! A few days after the increase no doubt!!
    Yes, they said Rolex deliveries had been non-existent in the last month. I wonder why?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    man these prices are annoying for people that haven't managed to buy one yet!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Really AP have already had two so on around 15%, PP as of tomorrow the same it's only Rolex lagging behind at 10%

Didn't think we would see another AP increase, mind you US dealers had their margins cut by 5% last month.
    No real surprise -- €10,000 cost you £7,150 just before the referendum, €10,000 costs you £9,175 today. Change to Swiss franc has been similar.

Looked at in € or CHF we are a lot poorer than we were.
    Last edited by Yokel; 31st August 2017 at 20:09.

Craftsman
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is just price rise part 1 for PP, with a further 5-6% in the new year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Boodles also told me price rise will come into effect from 1st September but didn't confirm percentage.

Unfortunately it will hit my 5711 purchase which should arrive soon however I'm prob lucky to even get one in this day and age so won't moan..

I was told 5.5% by Mappin & Webb about 6 months ago but I think someone who commented 5-6% depending on how the numbers round up is probably more correct than what I was told.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinch View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is just price rise part 1 for PP, with a further 5-6% in the new year.
    They could easily implement it, strong brand
    RIAC

Thanks guys.

Just bites a little but guess that goes with the territory when comparing your average Rolex price to PP

Also for anyone following PP prices at grey dealers is it me but I thought the 5164a's used to sell at retail or just below not at a premium which they are now asking?!

Grand Master
    Whats happened with Patek (In my humble observation) is an increase in brand awareness, this was enhanced by the 175th Exhibition at The Saatchi and has seen many people realise that owning one can be a reality. I have had a few clients selling off several other brands to secure one Patek as they realise the quality and style is at the highest levels. If anything they were underpriced and along with Rolex will always be highly sought after, safe investments, and amazing watches to own
    RIAC

Master
    Anyone seen revised pricelists?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Also for anyone following PP prices at grey dealers is it me but I thought the 5164a's used to sell at retail or just below not at a premium which they are now asking?!
    I had my eye on this one last year - was easy to get but I had yet to consolidate and wanted to get a 5711 first.

Ive noticed that the Nautilus and Aquas are more popular then ever now (this forum kind of proves this of late) and now the 5164 indeed seems to have become harder to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    I had my eye on this one last year - was easy to get but I had yet to consolidate and wanted to get a 5711 first.

Ive noticed that the Nautilus and Aquas are more popular then ever now (this forum kind of proves this of late) and now the 5164 indeed seems to have become harder to obtain.
    Sadly it does seem that way (for my wallet that is)

Waiting for an AD to get back to me buy looking to be first quarter next year on the 5164a

Debating now if to hold off selling the 5167a to wear until then and possibly another price rise or flip now while still LNIB.

Just been told the 5164a is now £26,100 up from £24,700

Craftsman
    Just been told the 5164a is now £26,100 up from £24,700
    its getting ridiculous

Craftsman
    5164a you should still be able to get for the old price to be honest. Or buy RG always possible to get cheaper.