closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Daytona, is it possible??

Dilemma..

I do like the brownish subdials on the black one and the better legibility of the white one.. cant have both, so have to choose.. oh dear..

For the new one, I find that the white dial is preferable both in pictures and in real life. But if you like the black dial and want a modern Daytona, why not get better-looking (IMO) 116520 instead? Once the novelty of the current model fades and it steadily becomes more common, you'll likely be glad you did.

I was never a fan of the 116520, plus its discontinued with second hand prices nearing a bnib ceramic daytona from an AD, which for me doesnt make any sense at all..

Nice to be able to choose, actually maybe not, not sure which I would choose both are nice.

If I had too,

White.

Fair enough. If you can get a new one one at MSRP, then go for it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    I was never a fan of the 116520, plus its discontinued with second hand prices nearing a bnib ceramic daytona from an AD, which for me doesnt make any sense at all..
    You’ve been very lucky to find an ad able to give you the choice with both in the metal in front of you.
    I’m waiting for a white but that’s because the other 2 watches in my collection are black faced.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Its from my local AD, a bunch of very nice people, indeed.

My wife thinks the white is a clear winner, while I still cant make my mind up.. Mine will arrive in April18..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Strchr03 View Post
    Rrp on a Daytona is £9,100. Cheapest white face in Europe is £14,600 on chrono24. So we are saying that rolex prices will rise by 60% over the next 5-7 years? Given it took over a decade for the last 60% rise, I seriously doubt that... Even if that is the case, I’d rather have the extra £5,500 in my pocket now and hope my ad gets to me quicker than take a punt on a watch whose value may or may not rise.

Completely agree. Paying such a huge premium just to ‘have it now’ is a mugs game imo

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by td1596 View Post
    Completely agree. Paying such a huge premium just to ‘have it now’ is a mugs game imo
    Wait 5-10 years if you want one at rrp then.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by erics View Post
    Wait 5-10 years if you want one at rrp then.
    will happily spend the extra 5k on another watch to enjoy for however long it may be, although i really don't think it will be 10 years!

Master
    Blog Entries
    will happily spend the extra 5k on another watch to enjoy for however long it may be, although i really don't think it will be 10 years!
    Wonder what the RRP will be then

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I just paid a premium to get a 116500 white face after faffing around for one year. There is no other watch i wanted more at this price point.

Alternatives? A 15202 is £16-18k, a 5711a blue face is £27k, a 5712a the same or more.

Pay £13k or so for one and you can get out of your purchase at the same level or more in the coming 1-2 years. What's not to like? Whoever can buy one at rrp is a lucky bugger and i am not one of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    People will just stay on the lists. They won't just get their watch and phone around telling the Ad's they are happy now. If amother comes up they will take that too and sell it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Perhaps Rolex should ask their ADs for the names on their lists. And remove any that are duplicated at more than one AD.
    People who wanted to keep them might have a bit more chance then.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Perhaps Rolex should ask their ADs for the names on their lists. And remove any that are duplicated at more than one AD.
    People who wanted to keep them might have a bit more chance then.
    I don't think that works for the Daytona as almost everyone on the list would buy it if they needed it or not... they can flip at a massive profit...

I cannot speak for other ADs and in particular small ADs but some ADs who are part of a group send the names to their head office to ensure that there is no case of duplicate names on lists. Head office then receives the Daytonas from Rolex and distributes them according to the list to the appropriate AD. My AD has only sent 5 names to their head office and I was one of those 5. In 2017 my AD got 4 SS Ceramic Daytonas.

Master
    I bought a ceramic at a premium, it can make sense. But if Rolex increase production, these prices will fall. That's the gamble, although the odds seem good. Oddly, I then sold my Ceramic , because, for me, a gold one was just a nicer watch. But not so 'sensible.'
    I also bought, and sold, a 5711. It's the sort of watch you have to get out of your system, like the ceramic.
    In truth, remove the resale incentive, and much of the attraction of these watches disappears with it. There are plenty of other fine watches.

Why don’t Rolex just hike the price by 2.5k if not just for fun, flood ADs with a few hundred of ss models and then see how many people want them?
    Lol heck the grey market will collapse on ss Daytona. It would be fun to see what would happen imo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    I don't think that works for the Daytona as almost everyone on the list would buy it if they needed it or not... they can flip at a massive profit...
    Fine if on one list. But some people are on many lists apparently in an attempt to hoover up as many as possible to sell at a profit.