closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftershaves - any favourites?

Master
    Am I the only one who can’t stand aftershave, or perfume for that matter. I get an instant headache if exposed to strong scent.
    Last edited by Gurmot; 25th January 2018 at 08:11.

Craftsman
    Any body tried Viktor & Rolf spice bomb ?

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Any body tried Viktor & Rolf spice bomb ?

Yep, I like it and would recommend. Not as overpowering as you might expect from the name, and suits the cooler weather

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    My go to's are:

Creed Aventus - for evenings out
    Dior Homme - for evenings out
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver - Great daytime scent
    Tommy Hilfiger Tommy - Summertime scent
    Got to agree with the Tommy, and serious vfm. £20 for 100ml

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tried Ermenegildo-Zegna, Z-Zegna "Milan" after trying it on the wrist at an outlet store.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...lan-40297.html

I loved it then but upon ordering from allbeaty.com and receiving it, I was very disappointed as it was nowhere near as nice or sweet as the in-store sample?
    Don't know why but it just seemed a little "off" and harsher than I recalled, possibly a dodgy/off bottle of even a reformulation?
    Anyway I'm returning it today for a full refund which to be fair to allbeauty.com has been agreed without quibble with them paying return shipping.
    They are easy to deal with so I would use them again.

I wish I could find a sample of Versace "Pour Homme" as it sounds very good.
    Also Issey Miyake "Intense" (discontinued but lots of stock online) but neither are stocked at stores anywhere near me.
    Anyone tried either?

Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Yep, I like it and would recommend. Not as overpowering as you might expect from the name, and suits the cooler weather
    Just got some and I really like it!
    As you say not as strong as the name suggests.
    Quite a few people have commented on what it was.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Peel View Post
    Tried Ermenegildo-Zegna, Z-Zegna "Milan" after trying it on the wrist at an outlet store.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...lan-40297.html

I loved it then but upon ordering from allbeaty.com and receiving it, I was very disappointed as it was nowhere near as nice or sweet as the in-store sample?
    Don't know why but it just seemed a little "off" and harsher than I recalled, possibly a dodgy/off bottle of even a reformulation?
    Anyway I'm returning it today for a full refund which to be fair to allbeauty.com has been agreed without quibble with them paying return shipping.
    They are easy to deal with so I would use them again.

I wish I could find a sample of Versace "Pour Homme" as it sounds very good.
    Also Issey Miyake "Intense" (discontinued but lots of stock online) but neither are stocked at stores anywhere near me.
    Anyone tried either?

Neil.
    I tried the issey miyake nuit or night version, wasn't great.

I stick to the original now, can't beat it imo

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Master
    Manstink for me every time closely followed by Lumberjack and Gorillas Armpit.

So far the only sample my wife has commented on is "Sauvage" EDP..."I don't know what you're wearing but it's rather nice".....

I've seen some good prices on the Bay.
    Anyone know if there are any reputable and honest sellers on Ebay for fragrances or are they all shysters and best avoided?

Most online sellers are not that cheap and some are the same as Boots/Debenhams etc. although Debenhams have a good fragrance sale on some scents right now so perhaps worth a look.

I was in Debenhams recently and I tried Versace "Pour Homme" (the classic original NOT Eros, Dylan Blu or Fraiche) but really need a sample to try it properly for a day or so before deciding.

I tried Prada "Carbon" which is supposed to be similar/same as Sauvage....it's not and it's far weaker.

Want to try Prada L'Homme to.

I prefer sweeter fragrances but not over sweet and sickly.

Missed a fair few good deals on here a while ago and none currently for sale on SC.

Any ideas?

Master
    Blue Stratos... i shit you not.

I've a mountain of Aftershave and rarely people comment on them. Blue Stratos always gets people asking... in a positive way too!

I rotate between about 9 different aftershaves but RL Polo Black is quite the standout one, both my favourite and preferred by women (for its ability to mask my natural smell).

Journeyman
    Some good suggestions in this thread - might have to go sample some over the weekend.

My personal favourite that received the most number of compliments was Burberry Brit Rhythm - although I think they've changed it now because it smells less appealing now.

I want to try Versace Eros - has anyone on here got it / what do they think in terms of longevity etc?

Master
    I've recently rediscovered Paco Rabanne XS (the original one) whilst on holiday. Ordered a bottle thorugh Amazon and really enjoying it so far - a bit of a blast from the past for me! I've also discovered it mixes rather well with my other favourite aftershave, Issey Miyake!

For me the absolute Guv'nor is Chanel Allure Homme Sport. The original Allure Homme is also very nice, as is Bleu de Chanel. For me they make the best aftershaves, but of course they're at the dear end of the market.

Another favourite is Versace Pour Homme, such a fresh smell - that's the one I get most compliments from women on no doubt!

Some of the best in the £20-£30 spectrum I'd say are Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct, Issey Miyake (original) and Davidoff Cool Water.
    Last edited by davidj54; 16th February 2018 at 19:57.

I will side with Blain,
    from the classic film Predator, "This stuff will make you a God damn sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me." I believe he was on about chewing tobacco, but I like to think he meant the mighty frother know as Old Spice.
    J

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    For me the absolute Guv'nor is Chanel Allure Homme Sport. The original Allure Homme is also very nice, as is Bleu de Chanel. For me they make the best aftershaves, but of course they're at the dear end of the market.
    They sell it in Boots, it's not exactly Tom Ford or Creed prices?!

If you don't mind compliments, Cedrat Boise by Mancera.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    They sell it in Boots, it's not exactly Tom Ford or Creed prices?!
    100ml bottle of Allure is about £70, not quite those prices but not exactly cheap for aftershave. I've seen same size bottle of TF Black Orchid for about £85. Personally I think you'd have to be mad to start paying 3 figures for a bottle of aftershave.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    100ml bottle of Allure is about £70, not quite those prices but not exactly cheap for aftershave. I've seen same size bottle of TF Black Orchid for about £85. Personally I think you'd have to be mad to start paying 3 figures for a bottle of aftershave.
    There are many people who would think you mad for spending more than £50 for a watch (or buying one at all!), so like most things I suppose it depends on perceived value. In my opinion, high end aftershaves are often better products overall, although not always.

Black orchid is about £80 for 50ml in the department stores ie half the size of allure, and is cheaper than most Tom Ford stuff believe it or not!!

I tried a few more recently.

• Versace "Dylan Blue" - OK but generic and nothing special. Any suggestions that it is a similar fragrance to Dior Sauvage are made by the nose blind. Wouldn't buy.
    • Chanel "Pour Monsieur" - Lovely fragrance and dries down very nicely. Not the best projection or longevity but OK and very classic smelling. Not for the young "Everyone look at me" crowd. Would buy.
    • Chanel "Pour Monsieur Eau de Parfum" - Slightly sweeter and more "woody" than the standard PM. Very nice but not really anything like original PM other than in name. Worth a sniff though as it's a nice scent in it's own right. Not sure if I'd buy - need to check it out again.
    • Chanel "Allure Pour Homme" - Gorgeous smell, slightly fresh but not very. Sweet but not sickly. Not a huge performer for projection and longevity (like most Chanel fragrances) but more than OK and a real classic smell. Best for evenings but could be worn anywhere. Would buy.
    • Chanel "Allure Pour Homme Sport" - Gorgeous smell, Fresher than Allure PH. Fresh/Sweet but not sickly. Again, not a huge performer for projection and longevity (like most Chanel fragrances) but more than OK and a real classic smell. Best for daytime but could be worn anywhere. Would buy.
    • Chanel "Egoiste" - Very nice and an fairly unusual scent although not unusual enough to be weird! - Smell for yourself as it's difficult to explain. Not sure if I'd buy - need to check it out again.
    • Chanel "Egoiste - Platinum" - Fresh and metallic. Smells like a lot of other, far cheaper scents. Nothing interesting IMO. Not my bag but it seems to be very much loved in the fragrance community. Wouldn't buy.
    • Dior "Sauvage Eau de Parfum" - Great smell. Very similar to the Sauvage EDT but less in your face and a little sweeter. Better for the more "mature" gent but still has the same DNA as the original EDT but a little more "civilised" for the gent who wants the Sauvage spicy/sweet ambroxin smell and awesome performance without the screaming "look at me" attitude the EDT has. Would buy.

Which would I buy?
    Well, I'm favouring Allure Homme or Allure Homme Sport but am also tempted by the more "grown up" and classic Pour Monsieur (the original).
    My wife prefers sweeter fragrances on me and didn't like PM.
    Bottom line is I need to try them again to be sure as £72 (100ml) is a lot for me on a fragrance.
    Last edited by Orange Peel; 20th February 2018 at 13:11.

Craftsman
    Bought 2 from the Acqua di Parma range the other day.

A Colonia Pura and a Mandorlo di Sicilia.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Creed Aventus - £22 for 100ml

http://www.marksandspencer.com/berga...irect&mcptlink

Thank me afterwards….

Smells just like it…. People who blog about this kind of thing have noticed that this M&S fragrance is basically a clone of Creed Aventus

I have it and it’s lovely…. I also have other Creed perfume, but, wouldn’t bother moving away from this

Pitralon Classic,
    or Floid Mentolada Suave,
    or Tabac Original,
    or Barbiere di Figaro Distinto,
    or Vitos Dopo Barba,
    or ... well, you get the idea ;-)

If I had to choose, then the Pitralon.

ZARA do some decent scents - all under £20 and usually over 50ml.

Good if you need something cheap to keep at work or in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Thank me afterwards….

Smells just like it…. People who blog about this kind of thing have noticed that this M&S fragrance is basically a clone of Creed Aventus

I have it and it’s lovely…. I also have other Creed perfume, but, wouldn’t bother moving away from this

Ill take your word for it ;-)

"What's that you're wearing?
    Dermot O'Leary ...

I don't care if they are giving it away!?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Ill take your word for it ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    "What's that you're wearing?
    Dermot O'Leary ...

I don't care if they are giving it away!?!
    Who doesn’t want to smell of 5ft 7” of cheeky charm?

Floid Mentolada Suave today; all Mediterranean goodness :-)

I have over a dozen but my favs are RL green and Chanel blue or whatever it’s called.

In my younger days I was a fan of Draker Noir

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Thank me afterwards….

I am such a TZ sheep. I went to M&S to buy some loose tea (thanks to another thread), whilst wearing my Speedmaster (bought from TZ a while ago...whilst walking around Ikea!), and picked up some of this aftershave due to this thread.

First impressions? Very nice for the price!
    Second thoughts? A bit random, but I smiled when I read that the main fragrance ingredients are limonene and linalool...I’ve just written a project plan on synthetic biology methods of making those two compounds!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    ZARA do some decent scents - all under £20 and usually over 50ml.

Good if you need something cheap to keep at work or in the car.
    Went to Zara and got some for £7 in the sale only lasts 4-5 hours.

Craftsman
    I'm a massive fan of creed and Tom Ford. Very masculine scents.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I am such a TZ sheep. I went to M&S to buy some loose tea (thanks to another thread), whilst wearing my Speedmaster (bought from TZ a while ago...whilst walking around Ikea!), and picked up some of this aftershave due to this thread.

First impressions? Very nice for the price!
    Second thoughts? A bit random, but I smiled when I read that the main fragrance ingredients are limonene and linalool...I’ve just written a project plan on synthetic biology methods of making those two compounds!
    An instant match Kirk... it was meant to be! if you can get past the name on the bottle, it’s a nice scent, I was doused in it tonight... some folk on here are too preoccupied with labels!!!

I’ve currently retreated to my bedroom whilst other family members are enjoying a kitchen disco...

What I definitely do not like is knock-offs of expensive fragrances. I either want the real thing or nothing, but not an imitation.

Today was Tabac day; used Tabac Original soap, and the matching aftershave splash. I'm smelling like my grandfather used to do now ;-)

Apprentice
    Hi, guys. They said to come here and share my story and knowledge about cologne for men. Also be free to check my website for more information about cologne and how I start with my collection with more than 500 colognes

Blog Entries
    Having been a Bleu de Chanel user for a while now tried somme new ones out today. Decided Boss the Scent Intense would make a nice change.

Owl1
    I only like splash on after shave (like a 70's throwback) the only one i can find what smells nice is a Gucci one(i had to order online) , its not too expensive though.

hanae mori EDP and issay miyake d'issey are my main 2 , the hanae mori lasts a long time
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hanae-Mori-...e+mori+perfume
    Last edited by pugster; 4th October 2018 at 13:59.

Master
    Blog Entries
    MDCI Invasion Barbaire. But Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for winter
    Last edited by Suds; 5th October 2018 at 17:38.

Nivea 2 Phase is an excellent, and very cheap, aftershave that leaves skin feeling great but has very little scent allowing whatever EDT you spray on your masculine chest to shine

For scents I love Pecksniffs Classic. I bought a set last year from TKMax and was very happy to see it again last month to stock up.

Aftershaves - any favourites?

Dermot O’Leary oh and Avon Mesmerize Black.
    Issey as well

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Yorkshiremadmick; 5th October 2018 at 22:59. Reason: AutoBloodyCorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Dermot O’Leary oh and Avon Mesmerise Black.
    Issey as well
    Dermot O What'shisface - you pi$$ing us Mick?

Lol.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Dermot O What'shisface - you pi$$ing us Mick?

Lol.
    Of course I am:-
    Dermot O'Leary Bergamot Eau de Toilette 100ml M&S special

Marks are doing it as a box special with a body wash £22.50

Master
    Creed Royal Oud today, alternating between GIT, Wood & Spice and Royal Oud

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Marks are doing it as a box special with a body wash £22.50
    Sorted !
    Thanks for the head up!

Grand Master

Don’t believe the hype neither this nor Zara are like Creed unless you have sinus problems but both smell similar and linger long enough to get you off first base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Long term Taylor of old Bond Street man....especially the Sandalwood varieties
    Aiming to broaden my tastes, I tried the Tom Ford range- one I really liked was called “extreme
    The other one, oud something or other smells like Gasoil with fish heads-ick!
    Goat is particular....

Blog Entries
    Still sticking with Loewe Esencia and Aramis, so far, not found any others I prefer