closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ex Biker.............looksee.

Ex Biker.............looksee.

Being an old fart now, I gave up biking as I don't bounce like I used to, but these noises still give me goose-bumps especially when he passes the white van............enjoy.

Last edited by krusty; 27th August 2017 at 09:25.

Master
    What a lovely sound - like the Clarion horns of Angels in Heaven.

B

Glorious sound.

Must be local to me, as that's the Longton by-pass.

What a great noise
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Stunning. Miss my bikes a lot. No chance the wife will let me get another whilst the kids are young!

Fantastic machines, I had a Miles T160 and a North T150 back in the day - which cost me £1200 each ;-)

Anyway, another nice sound is the MV (I've never owned one) and this is a classic clip from the 100th TT.. turn the speakers up and grab atissue !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubQJIKjiyz8

Sounds great! (but to be honest - sounds like it's only firing on three cylinders?)

Al

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Sounds great! (but to be honest - sounds like it's only firing on three cylinders?)

Al
    LOL - and yes it's a glorious sound. My Suzuki 750 will never sound that good, even with the baffle removed!

YEEESSSSS!!!

What a little ripper.

Craftsman
    Ex biker here too, got to the stage where I know I'm risking it so sold it but my VTR 1000 without baffles really woke up the neighbours
    Last edited by Nigel306; 28th August 2017 at 22:20.

Journeyman
    I used to have a Triumph Daytona 955i. Glorious bike and sounded (as described by my friend) like "an outboard motor from hell".

Loving the overrun - music to my ears.

Craftsman
    950CC? Looked a lot slower than my XT660 which was a very slow laid back thumper.

I’ll admit I’ve never gotten vintage bikes, or very loud exhausts - you can have a gorgeous exhaust sound with no need for loudness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the noise of triple - Kawasaki KH, anyone? :)

Cheers,

Plug

Best sounding triple - Laverda Jota 180....to old now but my god when i was young i loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plug View Post

Cheers,

Plug
    I'm with you on that one. My KH, with bell mouths fitted instead of the air filter, sounded glorious. Especially if all three cylinders were actually working at once!
    Soooo many hours adjusting points. But the cylinders cutting in and out definitely made it exciting. When it suddenly switched to firing on all three it was a similar effect to the power valve opening up on a VMax.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    I'm with you on that one. My KH, with bell mouths fitted instead of the air filter, sounded glorious. Especially if all three cylinders were actually working at once!
    Soooo many hours adjusting points. But the cylinders cutting in and out definitely made it exciting. When it suddenly switched to firing on all three it was a similar effect to the power valve opening up on a VMax.
    KH riders usually had a permanently surprised expression for good reason IIRC !!

Orgasmic!

If that sound doesn't make your goolies tingle then nothing will.
    Last edited by Mouse; 2nd November 2017 at 20:37.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plug View Post

Cheers,

Plug
    I have the baby one Kh250, but the sound of the 120 degree crank is sublime, cant imagine what a H1 or H2B must have been like in the 70's
    Last edited by higham5; 2nd November 2017 at 21:50.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I have the baby one Kh250, but the sound of the 120 degree crank is sublime, cant imagine what a H1 or H2B must have been like in the 70's
    Remember the Kh250's as well, were a good looking 250 and performance was good at the time. Good looking bikes as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    Nice quote on the H1 500............

"The bike had both detractors and enthusiastic fans, who either complained of poor handling and tendency to wheelie, or praised the power, light weight, and tendency to wheelie.[5] Wheelies could occur unintentionally even during cornering.[2] The two-stroke engine's suddenly increasing power curve, with little response until a rush of power about 5,000 rpm, contributed to this unexpected liftoff of the front wheel, creating "fearsome reputation" from tales of "scary performance."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_triple

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Some very nice sounding bikes there. I too like the old 2 strokes, and remember my bros 750 Kawasaki triple, he had a set of expansion chambers on it and at full chat it sounded well nice. It was a minter as well, with a set of alloy wheels along with the standard spoked ones and the standard pipes. Going for a fortune now !!

However, for me, the best sounding bikes are the V twins. I have a Ducati Diavel with a set of full Termis on and am absolutely in heaven listening to it. My mate has the same as well. Car drivers can hear you coming from 100 yards away, and they often set certain car alarms off, not sure why. I have the db killers for them, but prefer them unbaffled!!

Stuart

Master
    The t150 and the t160 triples sound good but I have always preferred the sound of the Bonneville twins.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Some very nice sounding bikes there. I too like the old 2 strokes, and remember my bros 750 Kawasaki triple, he had a set of expansion chambers on it and at full chat it sounded well nice. It was a minter as well, with a set of alloy wheels along with the standard spoked ones and the standard pipes. Going for a fortune now !!

However, for me, the best sounding bikes are the V twins. I have a Ducati Diavel with a set of full Termis on and am absolutely in heaven listening to it. My mate has the same as well. Car drivers can hear you coming from 100 yards away, and they often set certain car alarms off, not sure why. I have the db killers for them, but prefer them unbaffled!!

Stuart

I have a v twin, Harley Street Bob, just under 1600cc. Makes a lovely rumble with Vance and Hines exhausts. Not quite as fast as the Ducati though!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I have a v twin, Harley Street Bob, just under 1600cc. Makes a lovely rumble with Vance and Hines exhausts. Not quite as fast as the Ducati though!!
    One of my sons has a Harley 48 1200 sportster with a set of Vance & Hines on it. Its a different type of sound to mine, still a V twin sound, but mine barks like hell when you blip it, makes people jump in the street, its like a gun going off. Whereas his sort of burbles and pops up the rev range, not as crisp as my Duke I don't think, but still lovely on the overrun. I'll see if I can get a short vid done to compare.

Stuart

Blog Entries
    One of my sons has a Harley 48 1200 sportster with a set of Vance & Hines on it. Its a different type of sound to mine, still a V twin sound, but mine barks like hell when you blip it, makes people jump in the street, its like a gun going off. Whereas his sort of burbles and pops up the rev range, not as crisp as my Duke I don't think, but still lovely on the overrun. I'll see if I can get a short vid done to compare.

Stuart
    Like to see.

This is one like mine with same exhausts............

Here ya go

https://youtu.be/Ubaucv7bdoQ

Stuart

Blog Entries
    Here ya go

https://youtu.be/Ubaucv7bdoQ

Stuart

Nice Ducati, couple of friends have them, nice noises too! Different v sounds. Have been thinking I might need a second bike a bit more sporty than the old Harley Ferguson. Ducati Monsters and MV Brutales seem to be appealing at the moment.

Ex Biker.............looksee.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nice Ducati, couple of friends have them, nice noises too! Different v sounds. Have been thinking I might need a second bike a bit more sporty than the old Harley Ferguson. Ducati Monsters and MV Brutales seem to be appealing at the moment.
    Yeah they are very different. Ride different as well, the Diavel is like a sports bike that you sit up on and is very comfortable. In fact, you can give a lot of sports bikes a shock with how quick these things can scuttle around, and they stop just as good.

The Harley on the other hand is a vibrating lot of noise. I personally dont like the feet forward position, but each to their own i guess. The brakes dont come close however.

I like monsters and brutales, but kind of remember reading somewhere about the reliability of the MV. Theres plenty of different configurations of monsters, and i’m sure you’ll find one to suit. Check out the Diavel though, best bike i’ve had overall me thinks

Stuart

Last edited by cinnabull; 4th November 2017 at 18:45.

Blog Entries
    Yeah they are very different. Ride different as well, the Diavel is like a sports bike that you sit up on and is very comfortable. In fact, you can give a lot of sports bikes a shock with how quick these things can scuttle around, and they stop just as good.

The Harley on the other hand is a vibrating lot of noise. I personally dont like the feet forward position, but each to their own i guess. The brakes dont come close however.

I like monsters and brutales, but kind of remember reading somewhere about the reliability of the MV. Theres plenty of different configurations of monsters, and i’m sure you’ll find one to suit. Check out the Diavel though, best bike i’ve had overall, and i’ve had most types from most manufacturers.

Stuart

Know what you mean about forward controls, mine still has the standard mids on, which get used for hustling in traffic. Highway bars for long long motorways etc. Brakes being single disc are hopeful rather than reassuring.
    But it is what it is and you have to remember that when you ride one, different to any other bike I've owned thats for sure! There are lots of faster and better handling things around as people always point out!

Of the two the Brutale appeals most to me, reliability not too important (although nice) with the low miles I do. Bikes are only a hobby for me now, days of using them as my only means of transport are in the distant past. The RnineT
    has some appeal as well.
    Got all winter to think it over now.

Ian