closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Who will win the fight tonight?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Floyd Mayweather

68 73.12%
  • Conor McGregor

25 26.88%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Mayweather vs McGregor........today's the day!

Poll: Mayweather vs McGregor........today's the day!

Okay mates, it's time to stop scratching your head and dive in with your considered prediction for tonight's Super Welterweight boxing contest in Las Vegas between Floyd "Money" Mayweather and Dublin's own "The Notorious" Conor McGregor."

Who ya got tonight?

Mayweather within three rounds!

As it is a boxing match Mayweather, in a street fight or the octagon more likely McGregor.

The GOAT vs The Goat.

It's being fought under boxing rules, there's only one outcome.

Unless it's a fix
    It's just a matter of time...

Interesting piece on zero hedge about two things, one was the amount of $100 size bets coming in on McGregor but also that Mayweather has some IRS issues and a loss followed by a highly lucrative rematch wouldn't be the worst outcome for his current financial situation.

I feel like McGregor might pull off a surprise tonight.

May weather wins; $100 million v $30 million

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Don't forget to allow for the luck of the Irish !
    I've put fifty quid on McGregor but won't be surprised if I lose it.
    Bull**it can baffle brains.
    I'd be happy for someone to knock me out for £30m !

Brendan

Master
    I hope Mayweather absolutely embarrasses him to be honest, purely to end any future interest of any future cross code fights.

Even if conor does get battered hes still 50 mill up :))
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Mayweather is a complete sh$& (local thug/woman hitter)

I hope he gets his ass handed to him.

I'll be watching, Conor fan, I want him to win, I think he has a chance, but a Mayweather win is likeliest outcome in a boxing match.

Grand Master
    Im going for a McGregor Win.....In the 6th
    RIAC

I don't know why, but this fight intrigues me when it really shouldn't.

I reckon McGregor will try his damnest in the first three or four rounds (if he gets that far!), but Floyds defence will be resolute.

Mayweather could always wrestle him to the floor, as we all know how rubbish McGregor's ground game is

Anyone any idea of what time it starts? 5am?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bound to be McGregor. Too many saying the other one. Them again I know nothing about the fighting scene.

Sent from my LG-H815 using TZ-UK mobile app

McGregor's best hope is that Mayweather is detained by the IRS on his way to the ring. Otherwise, he has only a slightly better chance of beating Mayweather than I would.

Probably the greatest defensive boxer ever, multiple weight world champion, beaten all comers and future hall of famers, made Canelo look like a novice even though Canelo was the much bigger guy, never been beaten and finally he looked in great shape imo v a Irish loudmouth covered in tattoos, who has been beaten in his game, quit in a defeat to Diaz as soon as he touched his neck, who basically killed himself to go down to featherweight as he would always be the bigger guy against the littler guys, who has never defended a title and who had dodged his main rivals in UFC...

I'm hoping Mayweather turns McGregors face into something like Sloth outta the Goonies and puts him through the wringer for 12 rounds then knocks him out with 39 secs to go...

p.s the real boxing match of the year is on in 3 weeks Canelo v GGG...

Now that's a fight...

Master
    Martylaa - fully agree with everything you said! You can count the times Mayweather has been caught with a good shot on one hand. He's made so many brilliant boxers look extremely limited. There's something about McGregor I just can't like. I hope he's brought down a peg or two

I also heard Lomachenko v Rigo may happen in December.

Not a fan of either but McGregor will become even more intolerable if he wins and for the sake of boxing I hope it's Mayweather.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 26th August 2017 at 12:32.

I'm hoping for an explosive 1st few rounds, but I suspect Mayweather may weather the storm of blows from McGregor then put him down for the count, or the ref stops it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    ... There's something about McGregor I just can't like. I hope he's brought down a peg or two
    From what I've seen I'm not sure there's any pegs left to go.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    From what I've seen I'm not sure there's any pegs left to go.
    I mean his arrogance. You'd think he'd learn a lesson from his first fight with Diaz where he completely gassed and quit.

The scraping of the barrel from both sides has been intolerable so I'm glad it will be over soon. For a bit at least

Ladbrokes are offering 33/1 on McGregor to win, as much as I think that he'll have his backside handed to him (and hope as such!) those odds have got to be worth a flutter.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Ladbrokes are offering 33/1 on McGregor to win, as much as I think that he'll have his backside handed to him (and hope as such!) those odds have got to be worth a flutter.
    Just means you put a pound on and lose...

Master
    To echo most of the boxing fans - Mayweather will win, and exactly when he decides.

I reckon 4th round. Let the PPV crowd feel like they got some decent value but don't let it run long enough to allow McGregor to get a lucky right hand.

SHould be a walk in the park for the seasoned boxer, but everyone laughed off the idea of David Haye getting beaten by that Scouse lad earlier in the year - even after all his training there's nowt you can do about a crocked ankle. Who knows.

Most bookies are giving around 4/1 for McGregor to win but that's not rich enough for me. The "New customer" offers like the 33/1 quoted above are look a go but I'm pretty sure there are usually loads of wagering stipulations so I'd be swerving those.

Master
    I'd like to see something different and Mc Gregor to knock him out but just watching Conor on the bag I can't see it. Just watch Mayweather dodging everything anyone else could throw at him, I can see Mc Gregor swinging in the wind for 4 rounds. But Floyd is 40!

Only hope he's got is if Mayweather decides to try and knock him out like he keeps saying and it turns into a brawl. Conor has a good chin and a messy brawl could work for him.

It's the only PPV fight I've ever ordered and I've followed all the press conferences.

I just hope McGregor can pep up after that weight cut, always worries me when fighters have to drop so much water to make a weigh in. He came in at 153 and reckons he'll be 170 by fight time just over a day later! Crazy.

I've taken a wild bet on Conor to win in ththe 4th round. My head says the towel comes in from the McGregor corner from 8th round on.

Mayweather is, as already said, the clear favourite here.

McGregors only hopes are a lucky shot during an aggressive early assault or him drawing Mayweather into a corner, acting as though a KO is imminent and countering hard with a (yet again lucky) punch - but this would rely upon him having the ability to potentially withstand a hell of a lot of punishment. I find it hard to believe that Mayweathers experience would allow him to fall for this strategy - if he did he'd deserve to lose!

Another possibility, and lm tempted to have a flutter on this, is that McGregor might get himself disqualified - though he'd lose a lot of money if he did.

I'm betting that the ref on this one will behave similarly to the Hatton fight - constantly splitting the two men up and looking after Mayweather very well...

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    But Floyd is 40!
    It's a funny one that. On one hand, age takes its toll, 40 is a hell of an age to be taking on McGregor. But then FM's game has always been more cerebral than completely physical. He's too smart to lose this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    Anyone any idea of what time it starts? 5am?
    4AM in the UK according to this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/20...ight-will-win/

I'll be gigging / driving home during the fight so my plan is to stay away from all media and try to watch a rerun on Sunday. Anyone know if any UK TV / online platform will be running it in it's entirety after the fight?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    4AM in the UK according to this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/20...ight-will-win/

I'll be gigging / driving home during the fight so my plan is to stay away from all media and try to watch a rerun on Sunday. Anyone know if any UK TV / online platform will be running it in it's entirety after the fight?
    I don't think the main event will be on til after 4.30

Sky normally do PPV reruns following the fight. It won't be free for a while on the normal channels. YouTube will likely have some videos after though

I don't think the main event will be on til after 4.30

Sky normally do PPV reruns following the fight. It won't be free for a while on the normal channels. YouTube will likely have some videos after though
    Thanks. I was considering a youtube search but one runs a great risk of being made aware of the result. It may be unavoidable.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Probably the greatest defensive boxer ever, multiple weight world champion, beaten all comers and future hall of famers, made Canelo look like a novice even though Canelo was the much bigger guy, never been beaten and finally he looked in great shape imo v a Irish loudmouth covered in tattoos, who has been beaten in his game, quit in a defeat to Diaz as soon as he touched his neck, who basically killed himself to go down to featherweight as he would always be the bigger guy against the littler guys, who has never defended a title and who had dodged his main rivals in UFC...

I'm hoping Mayweather turns McGregors face into something like Sloth outta the Goonies and puts him through the wringer for 12 rounds then knocks him out with 39 secs to go...

I don't think where either of the fighters were born or tattoos bear any relevance to how a fight will go. 🙄

Is this an actual championship fight, I.e with belts at stake or just a money making execise for the fighters, the promoters and the media companies.

Not on that I care, but it would be funny if they both knocked themselves out getting into the ring.

Mayweather inside 5.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Mayweather has won his 49 professional fights. For each of those fights he will have spent 10-20 weeks in a training camp, sparring for many rounds. Before he turned pro, he would likely have had hundreds of rounds of fights. How many boxing rounds has McGregor done?

Mayweather might be getting on a bit now and not fought for the last 2 years but he has a massive pool of experience to call upon. McGregor is younger but as an MMA fighter, won't have gone anything like 8, 10 or let alone 12 rounds.

As McGregor will be fighting, he technically has a chance of winning but I struggle to see him throwing something that Mayweather has never seen. However this fight is probably leaning more towards freak show than boxing, so who knows how it will finish.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Is this an actual championship fight, I.e with belts at stake or just a money making execise for the fighters, the promoters and the media companies.

Not on that I care, but it would be funny if they both knocked themselves out getting into the ring.

Mayweather inside 5.
    They've created "the money belt" which says all you need to know

I believe the 'money belt' has been put forward by one of the boxing boards, possibly the IBF and is worth £1m. The cynic in me thinks it an attempt for the boxing board to jump on the band wagon.

I think McGregor will come out like a whirlwind and if he lands anything significant on Floyd within the first three rounds it could be interesting. However, if the ref is constantly involved and doesn't let them fight on the inside (like Hatton vs Mayweather) then it will be Floyd all the way.

I guess it depends on how much Mayweather has paid the ref....

Rich.

You can still get 1.3 on the betting exchanges on a Mayweather win which is basically free money. That's how stupid the notion McGregor winning a boxing match against Floyd is.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I heard they were using lighter gloves than normal which could help McGregor if he can connect

I admit to being an ardent MMA fan (and a casual boxing fan). It's probably more wishful thinking, but I think Mayweather may be ripe for a fall.

I think Floyd is feeling the pains of his long career and age, and young McGregor is bursting with self confidence, strength, skill, and a 20-pound weight advantage.

At some point, youth must be served. Is THIS that point? I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    I heard they were using lighter gloves than normal which could help McGregor if he can connect
    I don't know why so much is being made of this, Mayweather has used 8oz gloves in something like 40 of his 49 fights.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I don't know why so much is being made of this, Mayweather has used 8oz gloves in something like 40 of his 49 fights.
    This fight is being marketed to casuals more than anyone so any story that can get them talking is being made a big deal.

A Mayweather victory in the 5th .

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I admit to being an ardent MMA fan (and a casual boxing fan). It's probably more wishful thinking, but I think Mayweather may be ripe for a fall.

I think Floyd is feeling the pains of his long career and age, and young McGregor is bursting with self confidence, strength, skill, and a 20-pound weight advantage.

At some point, youth must be served. Is THIS that point? I think it is.
    For the sake of the sport l hope not.

I wish Floyd was ten years younger so he could end this nonsense in a round.

I bear Connor no ill will however and if he wins then fair play to him and Mayweathers fault for misjudging the fight.
    Should he lose he's more than welcome to come round and tarmac my drive next weekend... ;)

I stand corrected, Mayweather has worn 8oz in 45/49...

And McGregor, still wearing gloves 4oz heavier than he's used to, thinks this is an advantage to him? Laughable.

Two completely different sports. It’s like duncan goodhew taking on Tiger Woods at golf. There can only be one winner. All the same - I’ll be supporting McGregor, can’t help it, it’s the old Rocky syndrome.

Craftsman
    Mayweather will win easily ,probably will let fight go a few rounds to give the fans some value for money .if the best boxers couldn't beat Mayweather how can a non boxer

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The weigh in was a little scary.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martylaa - fully agree with everything you said! You can count the times Mayweather has been caught with a good shot on one hand. He's made so many brilliant boxers look extremely limited. There's something about McGregor I just can't like. I hope he's brought down a peg or two

I also heard Lomachenko v Rigo may happen in December.
    Wow if that fight happens then I'll be buying that, it's like watching someone from the Matrix when you watch Lima and Rigo is as good in his own way...