closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Damascene conversion - or rather a service of a GSTP

Damascene conversion - or rather a service of a GSTP

One of my occasional fixes is to see if I can pick up a GSTP pocket watch in good cosmetic condition for under £50. I tend to not worry too much about whether the watch is working as these have almost always been drawer-dwellers for several decades and require some form of mechanical attention. It will come as no surprise to some on here that some models seem to suffer from brassing more than others and it can be a real struggle.

This Damas came up a few weeks ago and, being one of the models that seem hard to track down with a decent case, I pounced and won.

In the past I've always sent these to Steve Burrage but now that he is properly retired I've had to look further afield. Some of you know that .olli. has recently gone out alone so it wasn't a difficult decision. Olivier has written a really useful piece about the service on his blog and I'm really pleased with both his work and what I've learnt about the watch. It's a really good read and I recommend taking the time.

http://onatelier.co.uk/damas-gstp-mi...service-repair

My GSTP ambitions extend as far as collecting the full set and this includes where there is a dial or hand variation (e.g. Omega). The success of this venture means I'll need to keep my powder dry on this loose dial until another day.

Great to see Alan, thanks for posting, and a really enjoyable write up from .olli. Those hands are particularly nice and what a lovely movement.