closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: additional phone advice (dual sim maybe)

Master

additional phone advice (dual sim maybe)

Hello

I currently have an iphone 7 plus and all my phones have been iphones since about 2008. Very happy with it ...love it in fact.

I have 3 sims that I need to switch between , two work one personal.

I don't use two of the sims that often but I'm worried I'll damage my iphone 7plus by swapping them back and forth ( its also a pain).

I was considering buying a Oneplus 5 as its dual sim and gets good reviews. However I've been on iphones for so long I doubt i'll like the android experience. Its also £100 cheaper here than the UK.

Maybe I should buy an additional iphone 6 instead? I know its not dual sim but I won't have to worry about the wear and tear on the sim swap so much.

First question is do you actually need full functionality of all three sims? You may well do but if not you could simply forward two of them to the third.

I love my dual sim and find it useful being able to text and call from both numbers, particularly when abroad (I'm not paying to dial into a two hour work conference call when travelling!).

Presumably you could keep the Iphone with your main SIM and use that for most of your apps and general smartphone interaction. If that is the case then it presumably matters less what the other phone has for an OS and, in which case, I'd also look at Wileyfox. If you can be really disciplined then maybe your second phone doesn't even need to be a smartphone (although that's probably a stretch). I use a Wileyfox (with 2 sims) together with an Iphone 4s and still drag along a 4th SIM in a Blackberry when I need it.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Ive been running the one plus 2 for 18 months,started with the one plus 1 great phones and the dual sim is very handy when im overseas.

Master
    If you need the messenger apps, some dual-sim android phone allow something called 'second space' where you can completely switch between two profiles (like two phones in one), and some even allow dual apps so you can have two Facebook, two WhatsApps etc all usable from within the same profile.

Master
    Ideally I use work sim in my iphone most of the time.

I need to conduct some business outside of my employer ( I have sidelines which are becoming mainlines). So I have another sim that I'll be doing more with.

Finally I have my personal number whihc I need for credit card OTPs and the like. I use this mainly when I'm back in the UK otherwise.

Whatsapp is fine as its linked t my personal number anyway.

The Oneplus 5 seems like a good fit . If I have to carry two phones I'd rather carry one that was useful for something . I think its either that or another iphone.