closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recording a live stream from a computer

Craftsman

Recording a live stream from a computer

So, I've paid for a streaming video due to be broadcast on 16th September and now I'm on a bloody flight to NYC at the time it's on!!!

Any ideas how I can get the other half to record the audio and visual from this stream via a MacBook or a PC please for me to watch on my return?

Please help!

Craftsman
    The recording part is not that tough, there are a number of screen capture software options. This simple guide mentions TechSmith’s Snagit, I happen to like Movavi myself.

https://blogs.techsmith.com/tips-how...reaming-video/

Doing it on a timer would be a bit more difficult, but if you have someone that can login and launch your streaming show, and then press record, you should be all set.

Master
    another vote for Movavi Screen Capture

I was looking at screen recording software that also records the audio output a while ago and finally went with Movavi because it was really straightforward to use, did what I needed it to do and also was the cheapest option.

If you download the trial and then try purchasing the full licence, but back out of it before actually paying, they'll give you a '40% off exclusive offer' (or at least they did for me)

the only downside I found is that the quality of the recording will be limited by the resolution of the screen you're doing the recording on, so I'd try using as high resolution one as possible

I use Flashback Pro 5 for recording Webinars that we run - it captures both audio and video.

It can be a little quirky to use, but delivers great results.

Craftsman
    Great, thanks guys I'll give them all a test and get someone to record for me.