closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zach Anner - guy in a wheelchair trying to buy a bagel

Blog Entries

Zach Anner - guy in a wheelchair trying to buy a bagel

Just stumbled across this; be advised, some profanity, and f words. But otherwise: this is humouristic. Funny with a sad undertone.

He's quite a bloke, I'm pleased I watched that. Some of the behaviour towards him was shameful. Thanks for sharing.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Shameful that people didn't get out of the elevator to let him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've seen a few of his videos before. Funny guy.

Zach Anner - guy in a wheelchair trying to buy a bagel

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle42 View Post
    Shameful that people didn't get out of the elevator to let him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is there ever a win-win in these situations, I remember a time I tried to help a guy in a wheelchair as he was quite clearly struggling and basically got told to fornicate off as he could cope and didn't need any help!

Important lesson learnt, I now treat everybody as equal so basically ignore.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Is there ever a win-win in these situations, I remember a time I tried to help a guy in a wheelchair as he was quite clearly struggling and basically got told to fornicate off as he could cope and didn't need any help!

Well just being in a wheelchair doesn't instantly make someone a nice person.

If I see anyone struggling whether , they had an obvious disability or not , I'd offer some help if I was able.

I'll usually offer my seat on the tube to women or older men , thankfully most are appreciative.
    I had one woman who looked at me as if I had horns. I wasn't sure if she was pregnant or just fat.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post

Or, instead of ignoring, you could always ask the person if the need a hand?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    I always ask physically impaired people if they would LIKE me to give them a hand - I find some get upset with the word need.

What really pisses me of are people parking in "disabled" spaces when they are not physically impaired.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    I think it's the asking that some don't like or appreciate, suppose it may be associated with the thought that I can and will cope and don't need help from others?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Well just being in a wheelchair doesn't instantly make someone a nice person.

If I see anyone struggling whether , they had an obvious disability or not , I'd offer some help if I was able.

I'll usually offer my seat on the tube to women or older men , thankfully most are appreciative.
    I had one woman who looked at me as if I had horns. I wasn't sure if she was pregnant or just fat.
    I'm old school so offer my seat, hold doors open etc. But these days most of the younger generation don't really see or appreciate the gesture.

Brilliant!