closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple AirPlay Problem - help needed!

Master

Apple AirPlay Problem - help needed!

Hello,

Can anyone help me.

I have a dedicated iPad that I use to stream to my AppleTV - I use various websites as well as Amazon Prime and Eurosport Player App. I only connect this specific iPad to this AppleTV and no other devices are ever connected to either.

Everything has been fine for years, but lately airplay just won't work. I can screen-mirror ok, but proper airplay tries to connect (tv screen goes black and you get the loading icon for about 5 seconds, then the tv screen reverts to the blue AppleTV menu).

I have completely reset and reinstalled my AppleTV (Didn't help) and have done all sorts of resets on my iPad short of a full factory reset, including resetting network settings and forgetting/renewing wifi connections.

I just not tested airplay with my iPhone to the same AppleTV and that won't work either, so therefore I assume it's either a network or an AppleTV issue - not an iPad issue.

What can I do next?

Thanks,

Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone help me.

I have a dedicated iPad that I use to stream to my AppleTV - I use various websites as well as Amazon Prime and Eurosport Player App. I only connect this specific iPad to this AppleTV and no other devices are ever connected to either.

Everything has been fine for years, but lately airplay just won't work. I can screen-mirror ok, but proper airplay tries to connect (tv screen goes black and you get the loading icon for about 5 seconds, then the tv screen reverts to the blue AppleTV menu).

I have completely reset and reinstalled my AppleTV (Didn't help) and have done all sorts of resets on my iPad short of a full factory reset, including resetting network settings and forgetting/renewing wifi connections.

I just not tested airplay with my iPhone to the same AppleTV and that won't work either, so therefore I assume it's either a network or an AppleTV issue - not an iPad issue.

What can I do next?

Thanks,

Adrian.
    What version Apple TV is it ? is it a Jail-broken ATV ?

I assume you have made the devices forget the current network and then re-connect to the network and input passwords etc...

Could also be an iTunes problem, maybe delete it and re-install
    Last edited by DeepThought; 23rd August 2017 at 15:43.

Master
    It's about a year old and it's the latest one, fully updated.

It's not modified in any way.

Yes re: network settings - have deleted, re-scanned and re-joined my local wifi (needing to reinput password) several times, both on the iPad and the AppleTV.

Although screen mirroring works, after 30 mins or so it becomes really stuttery and I have to reset both the AppleTV and the iPad and its fine again (for screen mirroring).

Router on its way out ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robti View Post
    Router on its way out ?
    I should hope not - it's a year old and "top,of the range" in simple home use terms...

..I haven't actually tried resetting that, but surely that won't be causing isolated airplay issues?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    ..I haven't actually tried resetting that, but surely that won't be causing isolated airplay issues?
    Try it. You might be surprised. (Your router normally would be handling DNS for the LAN, if it's gotten its table confused, all sorts of things will go weird. A reset/reboot will force it to rebuild its DNS cache.)

Craftsman
    How long has it been since it worked correctly?

I ask because iOS 10 included a number of changes to the way Airplay works, but that has been out since September now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm3 View Post
    How long has it been since it worked correctly?

I ask because iOS 10 included a number of changes to the way Airplay works, but that has been out since September now.
    About 2 months...

I'll reset the router!

Master
    Has the firmware on the router been upgraded recently / set for auto updates?

I had a similar issue with my Sonos system after a router firmwear update, reverted back to an earlier version and fault resolved.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Has the firmware on the router been upgraded recently / set for auto updates?

I had a similar issue with my Sonos system after a router firmwear update, reverted back to an earlier version and fault resolved.
    I will check - thanks.

I reset the router and this hasn't helped.

Master
    we've had a couple of power cuts recently and this really screws over my network, ipad and cross trainier connection.

Only thing I can suggest (and helps in my house) is turn everything and bring your devices back on line one at a time and only when the previous one has done its thing.

so i go plusnet router first, netgear hub, 2nd netgear hub, unifi wireless access point, ipad, mac, cross trainer etc.

If I dont things can look like their working but cant get my ipad and mac to connect to the internet correctly.

Bit of a ballache but might be worth a try.