closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lexus RX450h Owners

Master

Lexus RX450h Owners

Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my Range Rover with a (used 2014/2015) Lexus RX450h. Are there any owners (or prior owners) on here? How do you rate them?

I've had two, and a 400, I think they are great cars, never go wrong, they just work, they are fast, very refined and you will get around 36mpg average.

I had a 3rd gen RX450h for about 4 years and really liked it.

I think Lexus are normally a slightly left-field choice compared with typical exec's, but that sort of appeals to me. The external styling of the RX is probably a bit more American than European - not surprising when it's one of Lexus' best-selling vehicles there. The interior is a little quirky as well, but more interesting than the usual suspects, if a little plasticy. Some really hate the look - I think it looks really good though, especially with the roof rails and underside protectors.

The the only thing that may put you off is the CVT - it's very buzzy if you floor it (although quick). It's a car that's much better suited to wafting and stop/start traffic.

Never had any problems with it, and Lexus dealerships, on the whole, live up to their stellar reputation.

We had a recent thread on hybrids and fuel economy - I got low 30s in mine, but I did a fair bit of motorway mileage. If you do over 80, you'll get very poor economy.

The new 4th gen is really nice, but they've yet to fall in price.

Master
    Thanks for the replies, I had a Prius in the past so I've experienced driving with a CVT/Hybrid and know what to expect there. I have a beach buggy for fun drives and a rally car for fast drives, so comfortable wafting is exactly what I'm looking for with this. If I can get 30+mpg on my daily commute I'll be fairly happy with that - I'm getting 24-25 at the moment.
    While my Range Rover has been fairly reliable, the local dealers are atrocious, so that should be a positive change.
    Most of the reviews mention that the ride isn't great, but it never seems to be anything that owners mention - how do you find it?

Master
    I was very close to buying one of these but ended up lowering my budget and bought an E61 530i. I think they're fantastic cars only let down by the gearbox (not that much of an issue IMO for what the car is about) and the infotainment system. Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to buy the new model as it's a huge step up from the previous 1st gen RX-450h in terms of infotainment and interior layout.

Lexus Glasgow is having an 'event' (existing customers are offered 'better' deals/trade-ins etc) from tomorrow until Sunday. May be worth a phone call to wangle an invite & snag a few freebies.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Lexus Glasgow is having an 'event' (existing customers are offered 'better' deals/trade-ins etc) from tomorrow until Sunday. May be worth a phone call to wangle an invite & snag a few freebies.
    Cheers, I was actually planning a drive down to Lexus Carlisle as they have 3 x RX450h in stock.

My RX450 F-Sport is two weeks away and pretty excited about the change.

Slightly unconventional choice (coming from Discovery, X5, Touareg & GLE) but hope
    the high specification and comfort will keep me happy.

I am getting 32.1MPG in a Discovery 5 3.0 TDV6 and hope I can match that - majority motorway driving.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    My RX450 F-Sport is two weeks away and pretty excited about the change.

Slightly unconventional choice (coming from Discovery, X5, Touareg & GLE) but hope
    the high specification and comfort will keep me happy.

I am getting 32.1MPG in a Discovery 5 3.0 TDV6 and hope I can match that - majority motorway driving.
    I can match that quite easily in my older and less economical RX400h my best was a run back to bedford from wolverhampton with an indicated 42.5 mpg (it was pretty much 50mph all the way though) the 450h uses an Atkinson cycle engine for better MPG i believe so you should see 35+mpg unless you drive it like you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I can match that quite easily in my older and less economical RX400h my best was a run back to bedford from wolverhampton with an indicated 42.5 mpg (it was pretty much 50mph all the way though) the 450h uses an Atkinson cycle engine for better MPG i believe so you should see 35+mpg unless you drive it like you stole it.
    80% motorway driving, cruising at 70mph. If i see 35MPG I will be delighted.

Shouldn't that be Lexii?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Shouldn't that be Lexii?
    It's the Japanese Mercedes.

I'd love one but the wife seems to think Audi is the coolest.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Shouldn't that be Lexii?
    Lexuses... it's not a Latin word. 😎

Master
    I picked this up today, I'm liking it so far;