closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-5 with 10,000 word description? WTH?

PRS-5 with 10,000 word description? WTH?

I'll post the link for the odd sale listing but also the text so we can have it for future amazement.
    It is 10 pages long pasted into word

http://www.ebay.com/itm/precista-prs...-/352146042529

Precista PRS-5 Chrono In excellent condition no marks or scratches, with a clear back so you can see the mechanism work .Truely magnificent. Despite having owned more than one chronograph over the years I would state at the outset that chronographs have never been my first choice for everyday wear. However, when I need to wear a chronograph through necessity then my choice is always one equipped with hands as opposed to a 1/100 seconds digital affair with a plethora of lap times and so on. I do not need that functionality and as with many people (possibly of my own generation but it seems increasingly with younger generations) then I am increasingly attracted to those things simple and traditional. I allude for one moment to an Oris catalogue that I read in the late 1990s which stated something along the lines of the ‘fact’ that a mechanical chronograph is more accurate than a digital chronograph at measuring very short periods of time. Indeed, I saw reference to this on a watch forum and it made me smile to the point that I made a reply stating what I thought the facts to be: it is not the mechanical chronograph itself that is more accurate at measuring these periods; rather, it is the perception of the human eye in reading a moving hand and anticipating a button push in order to stop measurement at a given point on a dial. A quartz driven timepiece of almost any type is more accurate but in practical situations of relatively short duration then something ‘clockwork’ can be more than adequate and of course give the user that feeling of using a real machine as opposed to a soul-less, silicon chip based mini computer. As with many items intended for practical use, often (but certainly not always) one can look to the military for examples of design simplicity which by default enable ease of use. Wristwatches are in my opinion one such product; there is (again, in my opinion) nowhere else to look but at what is, or has been issued by the military in order to select a visual design that is fit for purpose. Indeed, many watch manufacturers have done just this and taken the military ‘look’ and marketed whole ranges of watches based upon this. Etc....

(41194 characters). Please shorten it to 25000 characters long.
    Last edited by parsig9; 21st August 2017 at 14:01.

Quote Originally Posted by parsig9 View Post
    I'll post the link for the odd sale listing but also the text so we can have it for future amazement.
    No need. It's been nicked from here:

http://www.watcharama.com/precista-prs-5-chrono/

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Keith Park?

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Keith Park?

Yes Sir!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by parsig9 View Post
    Yes Sir!
    I guess it's just that one usually expects those of an American persuasion to be more 'greetings from Asbury' than 'Keith'. Is there a story?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    No need. It's been nicked from here:

http://www.watcharama.com/precista-prs-5-chrono/
    Lucky he wasn't selling a PRS-68! That review was a bit of a magnum opus :-)

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    I guess it's just that one usually expects those of an American persuasion to be more 'greetings from Asbury' than 'Keith'. Is there a story?
    I'm an aviation nut first and stole this avatar for the DAF die cast forum once after getting the Corgi Hurricane and reading the Vincent Orange book on the great Mr. Park.

I remember a big debate there with the guys there about assembling big wings vs getting planes up fast. This of course alluded to briefly in the classic BOB movie. Just an admirer and enthusiast really, which blends well with my interest in BMW.

Tally Ho Velvet Leader!
    Last edited by parsig9; 24th August 2017 at 01:29.

The description now appears to have been edited...

Someone in France is selling a Curta on eBay accompanied by 196 extremely comprehensive photographs. I think it's the most detailed listing I've seen, and no plagiarism involved. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CURTA-II-e...IAAOSwZA1ZkbDC