closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iMac WiFi advice

iMac WiFi advice

Hoping there might be some iMac users here that can help. I have a 2010 model that I hope isn't giving up the ghost. It's been working fine but just recently on waking from sleep some of the time it is unable to find any WiFi networks, all other devices in the household have no problems.

At other times it connects fine, so not sure why it doesn't work at other times. Any assistance gratefully received.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Go in to your network settings and delete other saved wifi networks, I had a similar issue with a MacBook struggling to pick mine up because it was getting confused with all the other saved wifi connections.

Master
    Also click "renew lease" on wifi settings for the wifi you want to connect to.

I had a problem with one of my iPads constantly dropping out and this fixed it where everything else didn't, even resetting network settings strangely. No idea why.

1. delete all saved wifi networks and connect to your home wifi again
    2. delete wifi preferences and connect to your home wifi again
    3. reset PRAM and SMC
    4. if you have DHCP in your home network, try to use fixed IP address for your imac

If everything else fails to fix the problem - then you can always buy a small USB WiFi dongle, rather than to go for a Mac repair.

Al

Master
    If it's any help, I had almost exactly the same thing with mine (a 2011 model), specifically with a BT Infinity hub.

I seem to recall that I set it to pick up only the 5GHz frequency rather than 2.4, which seemed to confuse it. I can't remember how I did it (and I had a very tech-savvy 15 year old to help me) but it resolved the issue completely.

Thanks all. Tried deleting all the other WiFi details and it's working at the moment, so fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk