closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grenson Toby - Not Great...

Grenson Toby - Not Great...

Recently there was a few heads up posts on here about Grenson. I'm a big Cheaney guy but I always find myself attracted to the Grenson style; seems a bit 'neater' than others.

I picked up a pair of 'Toby' from their 'G-Two' range. Now, I must preface this with a statement that the shoes cost me £100 delivered. I believe G-Two are made overseas and it shows after a couple of months wearing.
    These are only fair in terms of quality, the leather is not as soft as other shoes and is creasing more rapidly than I expected. The shoes are relatively comfortable but there is far better out there.

So I would say... For Grenson... in future I will avoid the G-Two series. The price point is good but I buy shoes for the long haul.

I found this out too, had 4 pairs of Grensons and they all lacked any structure and went misshapen after a while, the sole in front of the heel dropped as the shank inside was not substantial enough to support it.
    I now wear Trickers country range for everyday wear (boots and shoes) and for smarter wear George Cleverly RTW (made on their lasts by Crockett and Jones) and the quality is miles ahead of Grenson,Barker,Loake etc.

Grenson are all hype but little substance.

Craftsman
    Trickers for me great shoes and boots

Master
    Yes but they are a devil to break in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Yes but they are a devil to break in.

Generally when new boots and shoes need breaking in it's more likely they're the wrong size and/or too narrow. Quality footwear really shouldn't need to be broken in.
    But that's not the case for poor sods with diabetes who often have problems with otherwise easy fitting footwear.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Generally when new boots and shoes need breaking in it's more likely they're the wrong size and/or too narrow. Quality footwear really shouldn't need to be broken in.
    But that's not the case for poor sods with diabetes who often have problems with otherwise easy fitting footwear.
    To be fair, they are a perfect fit and I am just wearing them for a couple of hours at a time.

Master
    I have a pair of grenson Stanley's and for a £200 pair of shoes the qualities sh-te but they do fit I've had countless cheaney barker loake and Crocket and Jones and ended up selling them all, oh the joy of having funny shaped feet and narrow heals