closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mini cooper s volcanic orange

Mini cooper s volcanic orange

Finally decided to go for a Mini Cooper SD.

Sorted the options but stuck on a colour. The safe bet is silver white which does look nice but the kid in me thinks the orange /yellow

I would welcome any comments

Thanks

Andy

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Looks the nuts,silver is the sensible colour though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dm1672 View Post
    Looks the nuts,silver is the sensible colour though lol
    Exactly what I was thinking hahaha

Looks like a bumble bee.

One of my colleagues at work has a 6 month year old S.Have been out with him on many customer visits and I am so impressed with the car.Like S..T off a shovel and handles like its on rails.

Silver !

The white silver

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    it still looks nice in the silver but it stands out in the orange,the wife used to have an orange cooper soft top and she loved that car,cracking little car to drive as well.

Silver will hide the scratches and chips easier,ive had a few silver motors over the years and i have a soft spot for them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    The white silver

This ^^ unless you like gold fish In all honesty both look nice although white silver looks classier. Probably easier to sell later on also.
    Last edited by sprite1275; 19th August 2017 at 22:11.

Thanks guys. I do like the orange but think that it might date as time goes by. The white silver has a nice Matt look about it

Andy

Master
    Superb. I definitely think a bold colour suits a distinctively sporty car. Silver would ruin it, IMO

Craftsman
    I run a mini dealership in the SE, we have been instructed by head office not to order for stock anything in v orange as they stick around for a long time due to the minute market for them. Go white silver with red stripes mirrors and roof. If you want a great deal send me a PM and I’ll quote you happy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Audi TTs look brilliant in orange, an so does this but only if it's your car and taste for a long time. Like some m3 colours look brilliant but not for all, it's all very subjective.

Its a real shame that peoples tastes in car colours are so ''conservative''.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    If you go for silver, you'll wish you went for orange after about a week - I guarantee it. The Mini is the motoring equivalent of a pair of Bermuda shorts; it's about having fun, being a bit mad and laughing about stuff.

Go for the orange, it's your car so should be in a colour you like. After all, are you buying the Mini for you, or are you buying it to minimise the financial loss when you come to sell? As long as you look after it, it'll still fetch good cash at the end, and you'll be able to state that it's in the rare orange colour.

The Minis look good in orange too, some cars just look good in bold colours whilst others look good in neutral colours. I once had a Lupo in purple, it made it look just right with its cheeky little face. My sensible, business-like Mazda on the other hand looks just right in silver. Horses for courses.

Orange. 

**Edit** It'll also be very easy to spot in a car park. :)

The right colour for the right car...

Last edited by Filterlab; 20th August 2017 at 07:30. Reason: Strengthened the evidence. :0)

Master
    I agree with Filterlab the Mini really suits funky colours and given the choice of orange or silver I would always buy the orange with the black wheels it looks stunning.

The colour works fine but what the hell is the lower front bumper styling all about.

Journeyman
    The White Silver looks fantastic. Take your point on the Orange version, but I'd be concerned about moving it on if/when the time comes as it's not everyone's cup of tea.

My daughter has a cooper S, she spent ages looking for an Orange one but couldn't get one at the time, she bought the Metalic Blue with White wheels and a White roof, it suits the car very well, our local dealer told her that Orange was a popular colour, and so much so that it was now a standard colour and not special order any more, there are a lot of Orange ones about, but in fairness there are a lot of mini's about. Interesting the the first Image on the mini web site is Orange. Whatever colour you choose I think they are great cars.

I always wonder who buys those colours, and assumed in was cheaper demos rather than spec'd by the buyer. But there you go.

I would only buy, black, grey, silver, dark blue, or white at a push - the white silver looks great in the copper imo.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I love the dark grey matte ones. Thunder grey or something.
    That said the orange is lovely.

Craftsman
    Stunning colour and a definite head turners.

Master
    Quite like both the orange and white-silver. Orange might better if leasing as don't have to worry about reselling it. It may affect the lease cost though. My choice on pretty much any Mini however would be the dark green/BRG

https://goo.gl/images/M6H7ta

Mine is Thunder Grey.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Go for orange unless residuals are a concern. If they are then have a think as it is very likely you will not get as much.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Go for orange unless residuals are a concern. If they are then have a think as it is very likely you will not get as much.
    Yeah i agree if your worried about the resale then go silver if not go orange

Master
    If you are buying it you could have the white silver and get it wrapped in Lambo orange.

Master
    Blog Entries
    All I can say is I ordered a special colour TT in Goodwood Green, everybody used to say that's looks the dogs danglers, but resale time it was a nightmare.

I don't think the orange is too outlandish for that type of car. A sporty/fun car should be in a funky colour in the same way an executive saloon should be in a conservative colour. Look at any UK car park and it's a sea of boring silver, black, white and grey.

As for "resale", I know it's a consideration but are you buying the car for the next guy that's going to get a bargain or for you to enjoy while you own it?

The silver car with the red accents mentioned above does sound quite cool but if it's the orange that floats yer' boat, get that.

My volcanic orange Cooper SD 5dr is coming up to 3 years old and I don't regret the decision to go for a bold colour at all. The Mini really suits vibrant colours but you definitely need the bonnet stripes to balance out the front end in the bolder colours.

I say go for it!

Untitled by Luke Rowell

Master
    Get the orange it is superb and I am sure when you come to sell your market won't be that small as the Mini works well in funky colours, silver hmmm just a bit boring be bold do it:)

Go for the orange and take the hit when you come to sell it.
    Life's too short to arse about.

Orange has more than a hint of Mcdonalds cheese about it. So silver.

The rare colours now could well be the in demand colour come a couple of years time (okay, maybe a few more years).

Buy the orange. White silver second, at least it's vaguely interesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Its a real shame that peoples tastes in car colours are so ''conservative''.
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Go for orange unless residuals are a concern.
    This is TZ-UK. The residuals are the only concern. It's a rule.

That looks awesome, exactly the colour I was after but then a Cooper S Works came up with all the right spec options in black and I couldn't pass it up. They look brilliant in black but I still sometimes think Orange would have been nice, but it may have stood out too much as mine already does due to the Pro JCW Bluetooth exhaust, you can hear it coming that's for sure.

We have a silver convertible, so biased on the colour. But on the depreciation point - might petrol be a better call if you are buying with your own money? Because IF we see diesels being banned from/paying to enter big cities over the next year or two then diesel residual values would probably take a huge hit across the board. But then our Mini is also petrol powered....

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    That looks awesome, exactly the colour I was after but then a Cooper S Works came up with all the right spec options in black and I couldn't pass it up. They look brilliant in black but I still sometimes think Orange would have been nice, but it may have stood out too much as mine already does due to the Pro JCW Bluetooth exhaust, you can hear it coming that's for sure.
    How do you find the Mpg ?

My mate has one with the exhaust and it sounds great

Master
    Blog Entries
    Saw the orange colour mini today drive by. Personally i would be buying silver/white.

Master
    I've seen plenty of silver and orange minis and I would for sure go for orange and a petrol engine at that I wouldn't touch a diesel but then I can't stand diesels, I have a diesel company car and next time I will change to a petrol.

Just get the orange one I don't think you will have a problem selling it on as there are a lot of them on the roads I think they are more sought after than people think and don't forget it's a Mini and they are funky cars and look great in funky colours :)

Blog Entries

I have a 2006 proper JCW and the exhaust noise is super as to MPG i get around 34mpg on average

Given the mpg the newer petrols get, I can't see the advantage of diesel (unless doing 20k plus a year).

Master
    Red, White or Blue with a union jack roof or British racing green. These are your only choices...
    Silver is for Mercedes
    Orange is for Lamborghini or Ford Focus ST's

I've seen a few of these around in the last few days

Have to say the orange looks great

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Red, White or Blue with a union jack roof or British racing green. These are your only choices...
    Silver is for Mercedes
    Orange is for Lamborghini or Ford Focus ST's
    Lamborghini used to race in yellow, a long time ago.

The point is, there are no rules, he can pick any colour he likes. And if he likes the orange, he should go for it, regardless of what colours conservative-minded people think are acceptable for cars.

Apprentice
    I like the orange

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Go for the orange and take the hit when you come to sell it.
    Life's too short to arse about.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!

36-37 mpg; I'm bloody impressed given the power, performance and heavy right foot; plus my driving is pretty urban. Superb little car. Just put two new front tyres on upgrading the OEM Pirelli for Michelin Pilot Super Sports; wow what a difference; even more grip and traction than before. Love it, living up to the Boxster replacement I'd hoped for.

Craftsman
    The white silver will probably be easier to sell when it comes to that point, but I do love the orange colour on the Mini.

It's the colour which Mini has chosen to use on most of their advertising so it obviously photographs well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    Lamborghini used to race in yellow, a long time ago.

The point is, there are no rules, he can pick any colour he likes. And if he likes the orange, he should go for it, regardless of what colours conservative-minded people think are acceptable for cars.
    eh? You mean when they provided woefully underpowered engines to Lotus or team Modena in the 80s/90s? Lamborghini didn't actually enter any factory teams into any top line motor sport to my knowledge so there is no real reason or pedegree for the yellow and orange other than shouting look at me on the road cars
    Last edited by Padders; 31st August 2017 at 07:07.

Master
    Is the orange going to be difficult to sell on, well going by the amount of orange minis I see every day on my travels it won't be difficult to sell as it is obviously a very popular colour as there are plenty on the roads, this car suits orange and if it were me buying it I would definitely get the orange it looks amazing.

Master
    You are treating yourself to a new car, pick the colour you love not the sensible one. If you were being sensible you wouldn't be buying a new car.