closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panasonic Plasma 4 Red Flashes

Panasonic Plasma 4 Red Flashes

My TX-P42GT60B wouldn't turn on this morning and I noticed a red light flashing 4 times on the front. I turned it off/on with the power button and now it's ok again. I've spoken to the local Panasonic Store who are happy to take it away for warranty repair, but it will take up to 2 weeks. I've Googled and there's plenty that relates to other models but not to mine. I've tried the self test and didn't detect anything and there's nothing in the manual. Does anyone have experience of this as I'd rather not be without the TV unless it's likely to go bang.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 19th August 2017 at 09:55.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    My TX-P42GT60B wouldn't turn on this morning and I noticed a red light flashing 4 times on the front. I turned it off/on with the power button and now it's ok again. I've spoken to the local Panasonic Store who are happy to take it away for warranty repair, but it will take up to 2 weeks. I've Googled and there's plenty that relates to other models but not to mine. Does anyone have experience of this as I'd rather not be without the TV unless it's likely to go bang.
    Have the same model , never experienced.

However there is a lot of processing power in smart TVs , it probably needed to reboot if its been onstandby for a while , or it might have recieved an OTA update. If its working I wouldn't worry about it.

Craftsman
    I had something similar with my Panasonic plasma. There is online guides to decipher the light sequence.

In my case it was a power supply issue and it would be fine for 5 minutes and then power off.

This happened on Christmas Eve and Santa was bringing a Nintendo to the young guy. Luckily I managed to get a temp TV and this saved the day!

The engineer from the store and the Panasonic helpdesk aren't available until Monday. So i'll see how it goes over the weekend and find out then what the flashes mean then. Usually I wouldn't be concerned but because it's plasma I don't want to be in a situation where it can't be replaced.

Just to update this. I spoke to a Panasonic engineer who said that the flashes were model specific and if it had stopped flashing the fault had cleared itself. It's not happened since so there must have been a power anomaly.