closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC Aquatimer Jacques Cousteau

Craftsman

IWC Aquatimer Jacques Cousteau

I'm currently in Tenerife so internet searching is limited, the hotel wifi is rubbish !
    Tried on an IWC Aquatimer Jacques Cousteau last night and was quite taken by it. I know it must be around 42mm as it wore about the same size as the Seadweller 43mm I was wearing, but other than that I don't know much more about the model. Are they chronometers (it doesn't say so on the dial), does having the IWC quick strap change system rule out aftermarket straps ?
    Any input good or bad would be appreciated, currently sat around the pool wondering whether to go back this evening and buy it.
    Incidentally, the sales lady wasn't very knowledgable and couldn't answer the questions above, I even told her off for putting my SD43mm down with the Clasp against the case back

They're not COSC certified, but they should be able to run within their specifications with a little regulation (Selitta movement IIRC). Regular straps won't work, but as it's essentially a fixed bar across the case, NATOs would work well

Chris

Craftsman
    So there not an IWC in house movement ?

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    So there not an IWC in house movement ?
    Nope, not on the entry level Aquatimers. The higher end chronos and the 2000m variants are

Master
    It's a watch very high (top?) of my wants list. It seems to wear very well for 42x14mm and the rubber strap is great. Although it appears a simple watch, the bezel mechanism seems to work well and the case finishing is pretty good.

Is it worth the asking price though? There is one FS on watches.co.uk at a decent saving v's RRP, but perhaps you are getting a great deal in Tenerife?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    It's a watch very high (top?) of my wants list. It seems to wear very well for 42x14mm and the rubber strap is great. Although it appears a simple watch, the bezel mechanism seems to work well and the case finishing is pretty good.

Is it worth the asking price though? There is one FS on watches.co.uk at a decent saving v's RRP, but perhaps you are getting a great deal in Tenerife?
    Seen the one on watches.co.uk. The one in Tenerife is a few hundred more, but it's brand new

Master
    For a few hundred more, it's a no-brainer to get a new one.

Craftsman
    is just ok, can they make you an offer you can not refuse?

If so it 's worth thinking about it, and in the end of the day, if you were sure you wanted it you wouldn't have asked for an opinion, you would have posted it at the 'Incoming' thread.

So ask for a good bargain or leave and never come back.

if the quick change strap is the small button you press on the back by the case, you can buy strap adaptors that will allow you to use any strap.

as seen here

Craftsman
    Love mine, the blue is a lovely thing

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Thats the next one on my list i think,looks lovely