closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Surprising Watch bracelets!

Surprising Watch bracelets!

Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by the bracelet (or strap for that matter) that comes with your new watch.

... I have been amazed at the quality of the PRS-25 bracelet considering the cost of the watch!

I have heard of people being disappointed in their bracelets (such as some cheaper seiko's) but rarely hear people raving about good ones!

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Ian

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Looks like a substantial bracelet and nice to see its got screw links not split pins!!
    (Nice watch!!) ;)

Blog Entries
    Nice pictures, glad you enjoy the Everest. Although my assessment of the bracelet is the opposite of yours, I think that, although it looks nice, it isn't up to the rest of the watch. A lock on the clasp would have been a worthwhile upgrade, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    Nice pictures, glad you enjoy the Everest. Although my assessment of the bracelet is the opposite of yours, I think that, although it looks nice, it isn't up to the rest of the watch. A lock on the clasp would have been a worthwhile upgrade, IMHO.
    The clasp is my least favourite part, but still for the money I think it is great! I guess you could always buy a replacement clasp? But I have never looked into this.

Given that I had always presumed myself as good as allergic to bracelets, I was very surprised when I took one look at the bracelet on my SBCA001 and knew it was going nowhere

I've no idea whether anyone else would think it any good - folded centre links etc - but somehow it does it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Given that I had always presumed myself as good as allergic to bracelets, I was very surprised when I took one look at the bracelet on my SBCA001 and knew it was going nowhere

I've no idea whether anyone else would think it any good - folded centre links etc - but somehow it does it for me.
    Looks really nice! I love the overall look of that watch!

This blew me away. It is so different from anything I've seen and had before and very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

Interesting, I immediately removed the bracelet on my one and have worn it on a Nato. Does look good though, it's such a great watch in general.

The Pelagos has an excellent bracelet on it. Mine never went on the rubber.

Best mesh I've seen is on the Breitling superocean heritage - by a distance.

Most disappointing was my planet ocean down to the fact it doesn't have ANY micro adjustment on the clasp which is frankly pathetic on a watch at that price point. Shame as the bracelet itself is nice but having to pay for an aftermarket clasp to make the bracelet fit for purpose is annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Best mesh I've seen is on the Breitling superocean heritage - by a distance.

Most disappointing was my planet ocean down to the fact it doesn't have ANY micro adjustment on the clasp which is frankly pathetic on a watch at that price point. Shame as the bracelet itself is nice but having to pay for an aftermarket clasp to make the bracelet fit for purpose is annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My seamaster was the same, I think they make up for it by making the half links more like quarter links

Found the Smiths Everest bracelet dissapointing, it felt quite cheap and the clasp was poor

One of my first watches was a Marcello C Tridente which set the bar very high, I have found most Seiko bracelets average at best and usually upgrade to strapcode which I cant fault for the cost

My only Steinhart had an uncomfortable bracelet, I found it pulled hairs which is something I havent had since a cheap Citizen many years ago and was a suprise after reading positive reviews on here

My 2531.80 was very comfortable but the lack of micro adjustment was a let down much the same as the GS i owned (but if you got the size perfect it was incredibly comfortable)

I do think having a good micro adjustment clasp makes a huge difference, my new C Ward Trident has one and it does the job and the bracelet is very nice overall so top marks for the money

The SubC glidelock for me is perfection