closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommendations for vintage Rolex dial restorers in the U.K.?

Master
    Blog Entries

Recommendations for vintage Rolex dial restorers in the U.K.?

Hi all,

I am asking on behave of a good friend who has recently came into procession of a vintage Gilt Rolex GMT with an original gloss Radium type dial (SWISS). However, all of the lume of the has removed previously (Washed Off) leaving the indices white and flat. These would need re-applied with a dome of coloured material to make the watch look much more attractive and closer to its original state.
    Has anyone any experience of an artistic restorer with great skill that might be able to do such work not leaving the dial like a dogs bal@&£s?

Cheers,
    M

Might be worth having a chat with Simon Freese, he seems to work his magic on vintage Speedmasters, but I don't know if his skills extend to repainting dial Lume from scratch - which is what you are effectively looking for.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Woof Woof !! I've just been introduced to a Swiss dial restorer who is anxious to impress.
    On holiday of course til the end of August like most in the trade but I can investigate further if you wish.

Brendan

Perhaps on a watch of this value one of the Italian watch dial restorers. They apparently have access to tritium and repurpose Radium from old clocks. Also Michael Young in HK is highly regarded.

Apprentice
    dont touch the dial,leave it in original condition,you will never regret it in future.My 2 cent

Master
    Blog Entries

dial lume?

Hi Brendan,
    yes ofcourse

Cheers,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Woof Woof !! I've just been introduced to a Swiss dial restorer who is anxious to impress.
    On holiday of course til the end of August like most in the trade but I can investigate further if you wish.

Brendan

Craftsman
    Big mistake to relume dial (value wise) leave as is

Craftsman
    Any pictures of the dial ?