closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: US watch forums

Journeyman

US watch forums

Hello,

I moved to New York City a while ago and am starting to get eager on getting my hands on something new. While I very much enjoyed TZ-UK while in London and used the Sales Corner for two great purchases, I wanted to reach out and tap the expertise on the forum here - would you have any recommendations for good forums like TZ-UK, containing a sophisticated buy / sell / trade function? Any tips would be much recommended! I am aware of RolexForums, which seems like a decent option (although with seemingly a bit more “professional” sales than persons).
    Meanwhile, if you may be aware of and great watch dealers in New York City that I should keep an extra eye on, that'd be much welcomed too.

Best,
    Emil

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    NAWCC is very informative.
    (North American Watch Collectors Club).
    Very nice guys on there.

Brendan

Not sure if Timezone is linked in any way to TZuk but it's pretty good. And watchuseek has a heavy USA contingent also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a positive recommendation here, more of a comment/thought;

I was active on Watchuseek for years (I suspect its the worlds largest watch forum) but I gave up on it; some of the brand subfora are OK but the main public forum there can get very aggressive and there are thousands of members turning over there with no substantive input.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    Not a positive recommendation here, more of a comment/thought;

I was active on Watchuseek for years (I suspect its the worlds largest watch forum) but I gave up on it; some of the brand subfora are OK but the main public forum there can get very aggressive and there are thousands of members turning over there with no substantive input.
    Aggressive - on a watch forum. Can't imagine that (coughs). Every forum I've ever seen has a healthy number of salties who get all worked up over nothing. Nothing new there (or even here for that matter) . Before forums were around things were much simpler....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on Watchuseek for a while but kept getting into arguments with the locals, due mainly to split options on the Tudor BBN. Boy, do some people get wound up (no pun intended) about watches which I find a bit strange. People should respect others views - even if they do occasionally come across as a bit daft or misinformed.