closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another terrorist incident at Barcelona

Blog Entries

Another terrorist incident at Barcelona

Just caught that on twitter ... sounds dreadful! travelled a 'considerable distance' ...... what is the matter with these people :(

Apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Now updated to around 13 dead and a second van.
    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

And too think I was going to go visit this week...
    Hopefully they catch the person who is responsible and do some nasty sh-t to them...

My daughters thought I was loony for warning them and telling them what to do should this happen...they were in that exact location three weeks ago. I worried the whole time they were in Spain and Italy.

Prayers to those affected.

The world is going mad. I don't know what scares me the most. The fact it's happened or the fact I'm no longer surprised when these stories break.

Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Latest is the terrorist has been shot by police.

Quote Originally Posted by demer03 View Post
    My daughters thought I was loony for warning them and telling them what to do should this happen...they were in that exact location three weeks ago. I worried the whole time they were in Spain and Italy.

Prayers to those affected.
    What should you do if this happens? I'm genuinely curious and have visited las Ramblas myself.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

And someone here was asking if Egypt was safe for a holiday! Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    What should you do if this happens? I'm genuinely curious and have visited las Ramblas myself.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    I just went over the whole "Run-Hide-Fight" scenario and kept telling them about situational awareness.

Beyond that, all I could do is get on with living. To not go let's them win.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Well, that's the point, innit....no longer contained to those countries, so there isn't really "safe-places" anymore. Sure, maybe Egypt might still be a tad more dangerous than vacationing in Portugal, but at the same time, you never know nowadays :( Terrible state of affairs.

13 may be dead but surviving tourists are enjoying having something to video and photograph on their phones, at least............

More "OMG! I'm here! Check out these pics!" On social media and twitter..........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    13 may be dead but surviving tourists are enjoying having something to video and photograph on their phones, at least............

More "OMG! I'm here! Check out these pics!" On social media and twitter..........
    I wouldn't be a poster in these kind of circumstances , but, to question the intent of people caught up in it and how they deal with it , and more to the point suggesting that they were enjoying it, rather than reflect on what has happened and the serious way in which people were effected is a bit of 'dick' thing to do in my opinion…. Maybe that just the way you cope with hearing unpleasant news?

Thoughts and payers with all affected by another mindless, murderous act of delusional cowards.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Thoughts and payers with all affected by another mindless, murderous act of delusional cowards.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    +1
    +2.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Old school friend of my wife lost a child - injured and died in hospital. Awful.

When will people get angry enough to demand their governments change their policies?

And another one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Old school friend of my wife lost a child - injured and died in hospital. Awful.

When will people get angry enough to demand their governments change their policies?
    There is no one solution, no set of policies that will resolve this. Lots can, and will, be done to reduce the threat, but when you're dealing with self-radicalising zealots who actually welcome death, it's nigh-on impossible to totally eradicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post
    Well, that's the point, innit....no longer contained to those countries, so there isn't really "safe-places" anymore. Sure, maybe Egypt might still be a tad more dangerous than vacationing in Portugal, but at the same time, you never know nowadays :( Terrible state of affairs.
    Sadly there's sleeper cells all over the Globe, and can be activated at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Sadly there's sleeper cells all over the Globe, and can be activated at any given time.
    Worst of all, most of these attacks aren't really committed by sleeper cells, but by people who wake up one day and find it a good idea to kill others. ISIS will readily claim all those attacks, but I am sure they haven't been in touch with most of the perpetrators (other than through their outbound propaganda).

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    There is no one solution, no set of policies that will resolve this. Lots can, and will, be done to reduce the threat, but when you're dealing with self-radicalising zealots who actually welcome death, it's nigh-on impossible to totally eradicate.
    This. But it doesn't stop some from thinking they have a good, albeit final, solution...

R

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Nowhere is safe these days TBH, anywhere and anyone is a potential target. I went to a Police presentation on Terrorism (project Griffin) - it was a sad reflection on modern society/un-integration/extreme beliefs for which there is no solution or answer.

Master
    and in another area of news and on the same day... 600 migrants are rescued from the Mediterranean in just one day after trying to make their way to Spain from Morocco. (of those 600 35 are supposedly children up to 18 years old.How many of those could be wishing no good to European Countries)

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    and in another area of news and on the same day... 600 migrants are rescued from the Mediterranean in just one day after trying to make their way to Spain from Morocco. (of those 600 35 are supposedly children up to 18 years old.How many of those could be wishing no good to European Countries)
    It wasn't the same day but point made.

Another terrorist incident at Barcelona

How many of those could be wishing no good to European Countries)
    How many just desperate to get away from those wishing no good to European countries?

There's no easy solution and we still live on the premise of innocent until proven guilty. I know it's no consolation to those who suffer these atrocities (and my sister, BIL, and three nieces are currently holidaying in Sitges* and were on Las Ramblas yesterday) but we can't stoop to their levels.

*Stitges is mid way between the two attacks yesterday.

Craftsman
    Not sure what this has to do with the recent atrocities, apart from scaremongering. From the top of my head, none of the terrorist attacks across Europe have been committed by migrants such as those above. All born here or living here for years. Radicalisation is the problem, not some imported sleeper agents.

And another attack, this time here in Turku, Finland, man with a big knife stabbed at least 8 people, killing one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    And another attack, this time here in Turku, Finland, man with a big knife stabbed at least 8 people, killing one.
    My kids go to school only about 100m from the location where the incidents took place. Really an uncomfortable feeling, even though everyone from our family is safe. Not sure what was the motivation behind the attack at this point.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Latest is the terrorist has been shot by police.
    always is with these fake terror ops, they never shoot to wound lol