closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bremont question

... and all of that is absolutely fine. Enjoy your watch(es).
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    ... Enjoy your watch(es).
    And same to you sir.

The past is called history. Bremont, as a new company, doesn't have one. That is fine and more importantly it is their choice.
    Agreed 100%

Their marketing is woven into making you think they have one and it's associated with aviation.
    No, I don't think the marketing makes you think they have a history. The marketing copy is clear in all places that they are a totally new (well, now 10 years old) entity.
    The associations and choices show clearly tht the brothers (who have considerable experience in owning, restoring and flying vintage planes including fighters) are interested in that field. This something that pre-dates their watch company by a long way.

It also reflects their location (Leander club and Henley Regatta sponsorship), as well as taste in cars (Jaguar) , motorbikes (Norton), naval history and other fields of endeavour like climbing, expeditions, WWII history and so forth.

Good for them but I don't buy it and it is the reason I turned away from them.
    Fair enough, it is not for everyone (and like I said earlier, I too think there is too much emphasis on it).
    But it is clear that when they read the "How to" guide to getting traction in a very competetive luxury market, the brothers took a lot of notes on the chapter entitled "Use of partnerships and associations to develop your brand".

A Veyron may not have the racing pedigree its prestigious name suggests and Ettore is long dead yet the connection is there. Likewise for Panerai. Provided the new owners honour the name with their product the connection continues. I am not sure that will be the case for Breitling but it has been until now.
    Not really for me. The VW Bugatti era is one of brand engineering an ultimate technlogical car, with no thought for race competition or aesthetc appeal.
    Original Bugattis were exercises in beauty and race capability. VW chooses to ignore both for a technologically impressive curvy brick. But watch/car analogies always fail....

I reiterate a point I have made before. I have a Blue Alt1-P.
    In terms of quality of materials and build, I would stack it against any watch available for the same price, whether that price is new, or especially if that price is for a used one.
    I have recently got a 2003 16570 Rolex. I love it. But the Alt1-P is miles ahead of it. Miles and miles. Yes it is 4 years newer, but it was half the cost of the Rolex.
    I have several watches the used market woud rate more highly (in terms of value) than my Alt1-P. None of them are within several miles of being as well built.
    And no battleships, planes, code cards or anything else were harmed to make my watch.

D

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    That would be great - we even have a Nespresso machine or instant - the choice is yours!

I'm not in on Monday but am around the rest of the week.

Look forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I have a lot of respect for the military and my ancestors... My great uncle drove the lead tank across the bridge in "Operation Market Garden", September 1944.

But for me, I will always associate Bremont with Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor in "Long Way Down"... That was an impressive adventure however you cut it.

The Bremont S2000 BK (as worn by Charlie) is a great looking watch. I'd have one of those way before I'd by a Rolex.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I also like supporting new brands particularly British ones in a market dominated by the Swiss.
    That Bremont are British (albeit with modified Swiss movements) is largely why I bought one; I like to support British industry where I can. I can't wait until they have a completely in-house gmt movement in a 40mm case! I'll be all over that like a cheap t-shirt!

Apprentice
    Called in at an Omega AD today.... no props here at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    At least it looks like a watch store, unlike below...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post

Oh, I don't know! I actually prefer the photos you've posted (thanks for that, btw -- I've not seen on of their boutiques yet besides Heathrow) to the boring Bauhaus or green waterfalls of Omega and Rolex! Each to their own, I suppose!

Blog Entries

That looks like it would if someone cleaned, polished and neatly arranged everything in my garage.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    That looks like it would if someone cleaned, polished and neatly arranged everything in my garage.

Master
    The question for me is, with less 'improbable' marketing, might they actually sell more watches. Because I get the impression that the current model range may be better than the marketing.....

I like them. Makes a change from Omega going on about the bloody moon

Much prefer that to the offering from other brands, Rolex and Omega boutiques are pretty uninspiring IMO.

Journeyman
    I have 2 Bremonts and they get worn more than any of my other watches. I just love the quality and design, the history and marketing is sweet but I wouldn't have bought them for that alone. That being said it is nice too have something with a British story

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    That being said it is nice too have something with a British story
    ?? It's a French story ???

[QUOTE=Sparjar;4465992]At least it looks like a watch store, unlike below...

Is that the boutique at the a Royal Exchange in London?

Interesting, it looks like they have a Hagelin M209 cipher machine (as used by the USA Army in the Second World War). I suppose this aligns with their interest in Bletchley Park and their code breaker watch.

Anyone know where their crypto interest comes from?

Sent from TZ-UK app

Master
    The question for me is, with less 'improbable' marketing, might they actually sell more watches. Because I get the impression that the current model range may be better than the marketing.....
    That's my thoughts, had an interest in the watches and the engineering they've put into them but put off by the wannabe and seemingly thin military links.

Craftsman
    I had a look at a few Bremonts today. I really liked the 2000 Supermarine. Felt and looked good on my wrist. 45mm diameter and 17.2 mm deep so not too different to the Sin U1000 currently on my wrist which measures 44m diameter and 18mm deep. I did try on one of their 43 mm watches also a good fit.

Can anyone tell me what getting a Service on a Bremont is like? The factory is in England so its not the same as having to send Sinn watches back to Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    I had a look at a few Bremonts today. I really liked the 2000 Supermarine. Felt and looked good on my wrist. 45mm diameter and 17.2 mm deep so not too different to the Sin U1000 currently on my wrist which measures 44m diameter and 18mm deep. I did try on one of their 43 mm watches also a good fit.

Can anyone tell me what getting a Service on a Bremont is like? The factory is in England so its not the same as having to send Sinn watches back to Germany.
    £350 direct with Bremont for standard service.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    £350 direct with Bremont for standard service.
    That seems reasonable, Thanks