closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont Supermarine 40mm ?

Blog Entries

Bremont Supermarine 40mm ?

I really like Bremont watches and have owned a few of their more popular models in the past.

I know that from past threads Bremont don't have universal support on TZ.

My main reason for moving previous watches on was due to the 43mm case size. Although, the curved lugs do help with their wearability for those people like myself with smaller wrists.

I am looking to my next acquisition and was considering getting another MBII (still an option) but I am increasing drawn to the new 40mm Supermarines.

I can't decide on whether I prefer the vintage or the standard black dial. Personally, I would not go for the blue dial.

Jura for example have them in stock and I was wondering what level of discount may be available from ADs ?

Last edited by MFB Scotland; 16th August 2017 at 16:17.

Master
    Seen them, quite like the look of them but £3400 is a steep price

Master
    Tried one on last week and its a great size (I'd have another MBII if it was 40mm) and would have thought a friendly dealer may knock upto 20% off.

I thought it was tiny, felt smaller than 40mm to be honest. Really disappointed to be honest as I love the matt dial and bezel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Tried one on last week and its a great size (I'd have another MBII if it was 40mm) and would have thought a friendly dealer may knock upto 20% off.
    Anyone who knows a friendly AD who would offer 20% off please message me.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    I thought it was tiny, felt smaller than 40mm to be honest. Really disappointed to be honest as I love the matt dial and bezel.
    Smaller?
    Are you sure you've not got a bit bigger Ade?

I personally love this size. I have got a fairly slim wrist (all my weight seems to have settled around my waist!) and I really like it on these on the wrist. I wear a Bremont ALT1-C and a Tudor BB Burgundy so, yes it does feel smaller.

Actually the first one I have sold was to a lady.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Lovely watch but i couldn't bring myself to pay full retail for it

I wanted to like it, but was disappointed that the lug to lug does not seem to have been reduced in line with the case size.

Looks pretty good and even better on secondary market.

I think the standard black dial is the better of the two. I had a look at them in the boutique recently but didn't get one out for a closer look. They should really have applied markers like the other Supermarine, much prefer them on a diver.

The Airco models however are really very nice, i tried both versions and liked them a lot.

Craftsman
    I'd love to see it in the flesh. As others have mentioned, there's something about those long lugs that doesn't look right to me. It may look better in reality. Other than that, it's a fantastic looking watch. I could probably be tempted by a nice secondhand example.

They look sharp, really interesting, then

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Seen them, quite like the look of them but £3400 is a steep price
    Yikes! That's a lot of money when a Tudor Ranger is £1500 used. I mean, it's got a bezel, but... Wow. That's strong new money.

Master
    Going by the photos here it looks very attractive. 40mm is on the cusp of being too small for me so would have to try it on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    What are the residuals on these?

Bremont is a brand that I've just never "got" mainly because none of their watches have really caught my eye. Until now that is, first pics I've seen of the new Supermarine model and I like it!

Hats off to Bremont for offering a 40mm case, which is the perfect size for me, 20mm lug width too. Anyone know lug to lug? I'm guessing around 49mm.......? A quick google and the BE-92AE is a modified ETA 2892 certified chronometer. I'm fine with that.

Berry's in Windsor are a Bremont AD so I may check them out in the coming months but £3,400 is too much, you can probably still get an Omega Seamaster for that. Maybe in a year's time and they're around £2k on the second hand market?!?

Thanks OP for posting Definitely a model I will strat keeping an eye on!

p.s. with the blue one, is the date wheel the same colour as the dial? It looks it, which is good, but could be the light in the picture.

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by CafeRacer; 16th August 2017 at 19:52.

Master
    I have seen these in various sales brand new at discount prices. Normally only one or two pieces so they go fast. Just have to keep your eye open and move fast.

I got one around the 25% off mark last year but sent it back because I couldn't get on with the crown - I couldn't pull it out without inserting something under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have drooled over the new 40 mm offerings several times now whilst getting our wedding bands from Beaverbrooks, Trafford Centre. I think the size will be perfect for me but I'd have to try them on. The colour of the blue ceramic bezel against the blue dial puts me off the blue version which is a disappointment as I'm hankering after a blue face in my modest collection. So desperately wanted to love these new offerings but of them all, the standard black dial does it for me. Not sure if it'd win over a U2 blue or MB11 (white or black) which I was seriously considering putting up a WTB this evening for!

Let us know if you go for one if these Michael, be interested to hear your thoughts on whic her you go for.

Jon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post
    Have drooled over the new 40 mm offerings several times now whilst getting our wedding bands from Beaverbrooks, Trafford Centre. I think the size will be perfect for me but I'd have to try them on. The colour of the blue ceramic bezel against the blue dial puts me off the blue version which is a disappointment as I'm hankering after a blue face in my modest collection. So desperately wanted to love these new offerings but of them all, the standard black dial does it for me. Not sure if it'd win over a U2 blue or MB11 (white or black) which I was seriously considering putting up a WTB this evening for!

Let us know if you go for one if these Michael, be interested to hear your thoughts on whic her you go for.

Jon
    Hi Jon

Quite tempted but I need to track them down to try both black dial versions on.

Master
    I've also read that the lug to lug is the same as the 43mm case - which seems a bit of a missed opportunity. But as always, the only way to find out for sure is to try one. @Oracle, do you have a blue one in the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Anyone who knows a friendly AD who would offer 20% off please message me.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    I can get you 15% let me know if that's any good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    I can get you 15% let me know if that's any good.
    Thanks much appreciated !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I've also read that the lug to lug is the same as the 43mm case - which seems a bit of a missed opportunity. But as always, the only way to find out for sure is to try one. @Oracle, do you have a blue one in the shop?
    Seems to be based on information on the net.

Need to try one of these as 40mm is the sweet spot for me but agree with others about the lugs. I like the short lugs on the 43mm case, makes it wearable for me. The current 40mm offerings are all a bit vintage inspired for my tastes but if they come up with a 40mm Solo then I'd be very tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Smaller?
    Are you sure you've not got a bit bigger Ade?

I personally love this size. I have got a fairly slim wrist (all my weight seems to have settled around my waist!) and I really like it on these on the wrist. I wear a Bremont ALT1-C and a Tudor BB Burgundy so, yes it does feel smaller.

Actually the first one I have sold was to a lady.
    cool lady, I wish mine took more interest in watches!! You know the MBII is my favourite.....one day!

Master
    When they initially released the pictures of this model I thought at the time that the lugs looked a little long for the case. I mocked up the image below for the guys on the Alt1tude forum, the one on the left is the real watch.

I've still yet to check one out in the flesh so not sure how it compares to my MBIII

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    When they initially released the pictures of this model I thought at the time that the lugs looked a little long for the case. I mocked up the image below for the guys on the Alt1tude forum, the one on the left is the real watch.

I've still yet to check one out in the flesh so not sure how it compares to my MBIII

Your mock up looks just perfect.

Craftsman
    Love It, but as said by others, I would not pay retail.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    They look sharp, really interesting, then

Yikes! That's a lot of money when a Tudor Ranger is £1500 used. I mean, it's got a bezel, but... Wow. That's strong new money.
    I find it prettier than the ranger tho
    Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post

Jon

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post

Struggling to see past those long lugs now I've seen your mock up. As others have said, the smaller lugs look perfect.

This rendering shows the bezel and dial colour matched however, from the models I've seen (though a window) the bezel certainly has a different hue to the face.

Jon

Craftsman
    In the metal I was very underwhelmed by this model. The supermarine s500 was nice though and didn't feel 'too big' at 43mm

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Really like the look of the new Supermarine and having had 2 other Bremonts, I'm seriously tempted. They're a great product and the back up service from my experience has been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Hi Rich.

Just sold one but trying to get it back asap.

Will let you know.

David

Master
    To me lugs just somehow look bulky and not proportioned to the case. The 43mm version looks much better.

Hi David aka Oracle

It would be interesting to know the lug to lug measurement of the S300/301

Thanks in advance!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by CafeRacer View Post
    Hi David aka Oracle

It would be interesting to know the lug to lug measurement of the S300/301

Thanks in advance!
    Mark
    Hi Mark. Happy to oblige!
    Lug to lug is 48mm to longest point. By comparison the ALT1-TZ is 50mm to longest point. Again because Photobucket are being awkward I can't upload comparative pictures, but the sculpting of the lug is very different and makes it look finer on the S301. In addition the S301 is much slimmer than the 43mm watch - approx 13.1mm compared to nearer 17mm so wears much slimmer on the wrist. Check the sculpting out on the Bremont website if I were you.
    I know that the lug length is up for debate - maybe I wear Bremont goggles but I can't say that they look too long. My ETA Black Bay is 50mm lug to lug but the thickness of the BB is identical to the S300/301. I have a slightly slim wrist but think the S301 is a great size.
    Last edited by Oracle; 18th August 2017 at 16:46.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    To me lugs just somehow look bulky and not proportioned to the case. The 43mm version looks much better.
    my thoughts too, they look like love handles!

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Hi Mark. Happy to oblige!

Lug to lug is 48mm to longest point.

I have a slightly slim wrist but think the S301 is a great size.
    Thanks David! From the first pics I saw in this thread the other day I did initially guess 49mm, other posts though have suggested L2L is out of proportion to the 40mm case size i.e. 50+ but to me 48mm sounds spot on.

Thanks again, I will definitely check out the S300/S301 in person

Have a good weekend everyone
    Mark

I really like Bremont watches and have owned a few of their more popular models in the past.

My main reason for moving previous watches on was due to the 43mm case size. Although, the curved lugs do help with their wearability for those people like myself with smaller wrists.

I am looking to my next acquisition and was considering getting another MBII (still an option) but I am increasing drawn to the new 40mm Supermarines.

I can't decide on whether I prefer the vintage or the standard black dial. Personally, I would not go for the blue dial.

Jura for example have them in stock and I was wondering what level of discount may be available from ADs ?

I love bremont. And this one is a stunner!

I love bremont. And this one is a stunner!

Craftsman
    That Superrmarine on the dark brown leather strap is gorgeous!

It's now definitely on the shopping list

Master
    Anyone that has tried one of these on, how do they wear? Similar to a sub, Omega Sm300 ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Anyone that has tried one of these on, how do they wear? Similar to a sub, Omega Sm300 ?
    I would be very interested as well. My local AT does not yet have any in stock.

Blog Entries
    Rox in Glasgow has most of the new models in stock. Also, the quite liked the Airco.

Very impressed with both models but I would not buy a blue diver. Unfortunately, they did not have the black dial in stock.

Very tempted and a great size for my 6.75" wrist. I was really impressed with the brown strap as imo Bremont make the best leather straps I have owned.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MFB Scotland; 19th August 2017 at 16:04.

Master
    Bracelet/clasp any good?
    What was the bezel action like?

Blog Entries
    Very impressed with the build quality. I did not turn the bezel as it had a protective plastic cover.
    The leather strap has a standard tang buckle.

So impressed with the brown strap I might order one tonight for my Speedy Pro

Master
    I also had a look at the S301 today. Great size for my wrist - and I agree about the strap.

I'd like to see a black S300 before reaching any conclusions.

I really like those, the lugs do look long though. Will have to try one next time I'm in London.

Craftsman
    Glad I found this thread I was going to start one myself. From the read of it no one had actually purchased one yet. Agree with the comments so far. It's a lot of ££ new even with discount when you compare to a BB. I really like the vintage dial, shame that doesn't come with the red bezel triangle. Not a fan of the numbers on the dial. I personally like the blue, but something about the numerals rather than indices puts me off. I've still never handled a Bremont, but must admit I like the three layer case design.

Rox in Glasgow has most of the new models in stock. Also, the quite liked the Airco.

Very impressed with both models but I would not buy a blue diver. Unfortunately, they did not have the black dial in stock.

Very tempted and a great size for my 6.75" wrist. I was really impressed with the brown strap as imo Bremont make the best leather straps I have owned.

This size watch looks great Michael, I suspect this would be ideal size for my wrist. I have also ruled the blue dial out. Do you have a picture wearing an MB2 for comparison? I have the same sized wrists and would be interested to see the difference.

Jon

I'm looking forward to trying one of these on soon. I think Bremont make a quality watch, regardless of their ETA engine. I've briefly owned both an MBII and an ALT-1C that really impressed me but overwhelmed my small wrist. I also tried on a Solo 37 that looked both puny and porky with the thick Trip-Tick case. So these new Supermarine's might just be the sweet spot.