closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rolex - The most unloved brand

Craftsman
    Ok, he was Black, about 6', wearing a red Altura bike jacket (same as mine) and the proud owner of a Black Edition Brompton. A very friendly and appreciable guy. Is that a better description?

I used the term Black only as a way to describe him..... I posted details of our encounter on my FaceBook page without any negative comments. My Sister thought it was awesome that he knew who she and I were. He contacted her that evening to say that we had met.

There is a well known Brompton club member in London, he is just known as the "Black guy with Bumblebee" his black & yellow Brompton..... He is a personal friend of my Sister and he is more than happy being described as "the Black guy with Bumble B"....

For the record, I am not "Racist".... I have Black friends & colleagues ..... and I have had several Black girlfriends. I'm happy to stop and talk with anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    Ok, he was Black, about 6', wearing a red Altura bike jacket (same as mine) and the proud owner of a Black Edition Brompton. A very friendly and appreciable guy. Is that a better description?

I used the term Black only as a way to describe him..... I posted details of our encounter on my FaceBook page without any negative comments. My Sister thought it was awesome that he knew who she and I were. He contacted her that evening to say that we had met.

There is a well known Brompton club member in London, he is just known as the "Black guy with Bumblebee" his black & yellow Brompton..... He is a personal friend of my Sister and he is more than happy being described as "the Black guy with Bumble B"....

For the record, I am not "Racist".... I have Black friends & colleagues ..... and I have had several Black girlfriends. I'm happy to stop and talk with anybody.
    Why did you feel the need to describe his Altura bike jacket as "red"? How very rude.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    After two weeks away from this place I now realise what I`ve been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    After two weeks away from this place I now realise what I`ve been missing.
    Nothing!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanbooth78 View Post
    Why did you feel the need to describe his Altura bike jacket as "red"? How very rude.

Because it is the same as mine and Red is a nice alternative to the more usual Hi-Vis Yellow... I also have an all Black version too. :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I've never read so much crap! Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Don't hold back, say what you really think

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I've never read so much crap! GS high beats need servicing every 3 years and they simply do not have the vast dealer/service network of Rolex. Having owned a few Steinhearts, great value watches that they are, they are light years away from Rolex with regards to movements, built quality and technology.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Just wondering what you mean by technology? Are rolex better technologically speaking?

Genuine question by the way, I'm not a rolex basher (used to own one).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post

Don't worry about it, people can get offended on other's behalf.

Having lived in sub-saharan Africa for 7 years, it's normal to be descriptive including use of colour. They're quite happy with 'you're white, I'm black' and no-one cares!

>shrug<