closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tudor Black Bay Heritage 79220N

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    A bit sad replying to my own post but just checked on Watchfinder and both BBNs appear to have been sold. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Ha! That was me!!! I tried to haggle on price for the bracelet version, and by the time I sorted a deal it was sold! So, I had the leather version!

You are correct, these don't seam to hang around for long at all! I wanted on for a few reasons over the in-house version. Only produced for around 5 months and I hear only around 3k produced, wears better than new version as not has high on the wrist... and its a close to vintage red triangle version you get with the correct Rose logo!

Whats not to like! :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBay View Post
    Whats not to like! :)
    Lack of date, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    Lack of date, I guess?
    I would argue that the more recent in-house models have been ruined with the addition of a date window but it’s all down to individual taste I suppose; functionality over aesthetics.

Journeyman
    This one is on my list to buy sometime.

Banned
    The black bay and the pelagos have certainly put tudor back on the map and the midnight blue 1st generation is a beauty . I think Tudor may be over doing it with around 7-8 versions of the black bay now but they are a super brand and have released several winners in the last couple of years including the pelagos LHD and the new black bay gold/steel date version

Seikoboy

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparjar View Post
    Lack of date, I guess?
    Only if you want a date! I've got a Pelagos too, that has a date if I'm bothered.

I personally like the non-date, looks much cleaner.

Master
    I have a bit of a love hate relationship with my ETA BBN. Thought about selling it a few times and still occasionally think about looking to part trade to for a Speedmaster as that's actually what I set out to purchase when i picked up the BBN

I actually got a trade price off watchfinder a few months after the in-house version came out. It was stupidly low. I wonder if they are offering decent trade prices on them now looking at what they seem able to sell them for.

I've never really bought into the idea that it would ever be rare, collectable or significantly more valuable than it's RRP. However, the Black versions did all seem to be gone by the time the in-house versions came out where as I was spotting ETA blue and reds still in stock for a very long time after they were out of production.

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    I have a bit of a love hate relationship with my ETA BBN. Thought about selling it a few times and still occasionally think about looking to part trade to for a Speedmaster as that's actually what I set out to purchase when i picked up the BBN

I actually got a trade price off watchfinder a few months after the in-house version came out. It was stupidly low. I wonder if they are offering decent trade prices on them now looking at what they seem able to sell them for.

I've never really bought into the idea that it would ever be rare, collectable or significantly more valuable than it's RRP. However, the Black versions did all seem to be gone by the time the in-house versions came out where as I was spotting ETA blue and reds still in stock for a very long time after they were out of production.
    I bought it mainly because I couldn’t afford a Rolex submariner! However, I’ve really grown to like it and the urge for a sub has gone away somewhat. As I mentioned previously, every time I speak to the manager of AD where I got mine he bangs on about the future value potential of the BBN in particular and reminds me of the painstaking lengths that he went to to procure one.

I bought it mainly because I couldn’t afford a Rolex submariner! However, I’ve really grown to like it and the urge for a sub has gone away somewhat. As I mentioned previously, every time I speak to the manager of AD where I got mine he bangs on about the future value potential of the BBN in particular and reminds me of the painstaking lengths that he went to to procure one.
    I too own a BBN. Although I think its a great watch for the money, I really can't see it ever being particularly valuable. OK, its always going to attract a premium over the blue and red versions but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    I too own a BBN. Although I think its a great watch for the money, I really can't see it ever being particularly valuable. OK, its always going to attract a premium over the blue and red versions but thats about it.
    Yep, the Black Bays should all hold their own over time which will be a bonus should you want to ever trade up.

Master
    I’ve owned a black bay red for a couple of weeks now and love it, for the money I have no complaints. Yes I would have liked a ceramic bezel and clasp off a Rolex sub, but then again I do quite like the £3k cheaper price of the Tudor (second hand price differential). I’ve own most rolex sport models over the years and can’t knock the quality of the Tudor. Yes people may see it as a poor mans Rolex, but only in the same way a Porsche Cayman is a poor mans 911...doesn’t make the Cayman a rubbish car.

Master
    Part of my love hate with the Tudor stems from buying a 14060 a few months after I got the Tudor. There's not a massive quality difference, if anything the Tudor looks and feels the more expensive. The Rolex is just a better size for me, its more comfortable and I love the drilled lugs for swapping straps easily. If the Tudor was just a bit thinner it'd be a keeper.

Master
    Searched back in sales corner to get an idea of used availability of the black ETA version. Only been one listed in the last 6 months at £1850

Searched back in sales corner to get an idea of used availability of the black ETA version. Only been one listed in the last 6 months at £1850
    Wonder why people appear to be hanging on to these things then? Speedy Tuesdays are easy to get hold of! One on the bracelet sold on EBay last Sunday for £2,052 (albeit a bit scratched-up) I believe.

Master
    Speedy Tuesday is largely down to speculators. Once those watches find the owners who really want them they'll become hard to find.

Speedy Tuesday is largely down to speculators. Once those watches find the owners who really want them they'll become hard to find.
    Similar to the Silver Snoopy...if only I had a spare £12k 😥

I have a safe queen, an Eta version.. Might be up for sale.

Craftsman

Think you mean this one I bought off Ade, for the money it's a fantastic watch

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I bought one from SC back in August for £1,800 which I am very please with - wear it almost everyday, although I have quite a modest collection (Blumo, the BBN and a couple of G-Shocks).

I do like the look of the 2017 one-off version of the bronze BB for the One Watch auction. I like the slightly greeny dial and bezel vs. the standard brown on the bronze. Will be interesting to see what it sells for. What do you think?

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tu...nly-watch-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans View Post
    I bought one from SC back in August for £1,800 which I am very please with - wear it almost everyday, although I have quite a modest collection (Blumo, the BBN and a couple of G-Shocks).

I do like the look of the 2017 one-off version of the bronze BB for the One Watch auction. I like the slightly greeny dial and bezel vs. the standard brown on the bronze. Will be interesting to see what it sells for. What do you think?

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tu...nly-watch-2017
    Funny that, as I’m seriously considering selling my Heuer Autavia 02 for the The Tudor Black Bay Bronze Blue Special Edition for Bucherer which I is growing on me more by the day. Think there’s a 4-5 month waiting list though.

Master
    Really like the Black Bays and was particularly smitten with the new (in-house) Two Tone on a strap when I tried One on recently.
    Tried to have a bit of a haggle, but the (AD) wasn't having any of it.
    They also let me try a Bronze, looks great on all the photos, didn't like it in the flesh.
    If Rolex prices keep rising and the marketing budget keeps the Tudor Brand growing I can see these earlier versions becoming quite collectable.

Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    Really like the Black Bays and was particularly smitten with the new (in-house) Two Tone on a strap when I tried One on recently.
    Tried to have a bit of a haggle, but the (AD) wasn't having any of it.
    They also let me try a Bronze, looks great on all the photos, didn't like it in the flesh.
    If Rolex prices keep rising and the marketing budget keeps the Tudor Brand growing I can see these earlier versions becoming quite collectable.
    Hope so, although Rolex had Paul Newman, Tag Heuer had Steve McQueen and Tudor ends up with...yep, Gaga and Becks😥

Don’t know if anyone noticed the BBN 79220N that went for £3,500 in a few hours on eBay yesterday? Speculation on TRF that they could hit $10,000 next year due to scarcity. Watchfinder prices also seem to be going through the roof. These things appear to be shooting up in value - time to hoover up the remaining ETA versions out there me thinks - obvious that collectors want them at the moment...

Craftsman
    Anyone following the price of these, WF have one for £3,520 on bracelet vs. £2,605 for a 2018 in house version.

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tudor/...96/item/122204

Funny that, as I’m seriously considering selling my Heuer Autavia 02 for the The Tudor Black Bay Bronze Blue Special Edition for Bucherer which I is growing on me more by the day. Think there’s a 4-5 month waiting list though.
    Production has stopped so you won't get one from Bucherer

The Tudor BBN 79220N is becoming as rare as West Ham wins are against Spurs! 😊😊👍

I think the 79220N is a great watch, it's a decent price for quality watch. I've noticed that there are fewer and fewer 79220N's coming up for sale (Chrono, eBay etc) compared to the burgundy or blue bezels. And those that do come up for sale, that are in as new condition with a full set, are all north of £3,500. When considering retail was less than £2k, that's a great return. I'm not much of an expert but given that people aren't selling and that numbers were low to begin with (around 3,000 produced?), I can only see these appreciating. Not at the same pace as a Rolex Sub but regardless, a watch that doesn't lose money (and time) and that you enjoy wearing, can't be a bad thing!

Here's mine on an Everest rubber strap, which I think looks ace and is super comfy to wear.

Last edited by doughboy; 3rd July 2019 at 14:28.

Yes, they do seem to be being scooped-up again after a bit of a lull, probably due to the newer models time in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
    I think the 79220N is a great watch, it's a decent price for quality watch. I've noticed that there are fewer and fewer 79220N's coming up for sale (Chrono, eBay etc) compared to the burgundy or blue bezels. And those that do come up for sale, that are in as new condition with a full set, are all north of £3,500. When considering retail was less than £2k, that's a great return. I'm not much of an expert but given that people aren't selling and that numbers were low to begin with (around 3,000 produced?), I can only see these appreciating. Not at the same pace as a Rolex Sub but regardless, a watch that doesn't lose money (and time) and that you enjoy wearing, can't be a bad thing!

Here's mine on an Everest rubber strap, which I think looks ace and is super comfy to wear.

I think they'll overtake a standard Sub at some stage, but it's going to take years!
    It's just a matter of time...

I too prefer the rose over the shield on the black bays.

Quote Originally Posted by barbosas View Post
    I too prefer the rose over the shield on the black bays.
    I like elements of both dials.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by doughboy View Post

I'm sure I paid around £2.5 retail for mine.

It was £2,330 new.

My bad, list was over £2k but I paid just under for mine.