closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How to get/share wedding pics from all our guests?

How to get/share wedding pics from all our guests?

Had intended to use an App called WedPics which looks good, but just realised its £55 and all guests have to sign in/up too......hassle!

I've had a look to see if guests are allowed to upload pics to my FlickR account using the mobile app, but apparently they're not.

Does anyone know of a solution we could use?

Maybe an iCloud or DropBox/OneDrive account that I give everyone the username and password to use? Or will that not be allowed either? Can multiple people all be logged in at once?

Just trying to save the hassle of asking everyone to get around to e-mailing us pics after the wedding. Or using disposable cameras.

Defo a business idea in here somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Had intended to use an App called WedPics which looks good, but just realised its £55 and all guests have to sign in/up too......hassle!

I've had a look to see if guests are allowed to upload pics to my FlickR account using the mobile app, but apparently they're not.

Does anyone know of a solution we could use?

Maybe an iCloud or DropBox/OneDrive account that I give everyone the username and password to use? Or will that not be allowed either? Can multiple people all be logged in at once?

Just trying to save the hassle of asking everyone to get around to e-mailing us pics after the wedding. Or using disposable cameras.

Defo a business idea in here somewhere!
    If you want to use dropbox - just use a file request link (https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-f...e-file-request)

If you are a bit more technically experiment with this and the idea of a hashtag:

https://apracticalwedding.com/crowds...tos-instagram/

As said, Dropbox would work as you need it to .
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Facebook group?

As to a business idea, I think it's called a wedding photographer :p

Set up a Google+ account and share the login with people you want to collaborate? As part of google drive I think you can share photos with other users too.

Master
    We were tempted to leave a load of disposables on the tables and then have them put in a box when finished with. Then get them all developed. We didn't but I wish we did!

But Dropbox if you want to be all modern.

Me and the wife created a private Facebook group for guests to share photos, it was invite only but everybody had posting rights to share their pics.

We downloaded them all to a box.com account after the honeymoon

Last year my cousin got married. She's an amateur photographer and studied a photography degree, many of her friends and guests were pro/semi-pro photographers so she didn't hire an official photographer for the day.

I set-up a gmail and Flickr account for the wedding day and shared the log-in details with all the guests. It worked very well, and the bride and groom were extremely happy with the final shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    If you want to use dropbox - just use a file request link (https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-f...e-file-request)

Going back to this - it occurs to me you could create a QR code (which most modern phones read) and place them around the venue - then people wouldn't even have to type in the dropbox link.

If you want to get even fancier - buy some NFC stickers and just write them with the dropbox link (easier to do with any modern phone) - leave them around the place and people just need to tap them to get to where you want the photos to go.

Craftsman
    We used wed pics and since I have been to a number of weddings that did.

When we used it it was totally free unless you used them for prints etc.

Thanks for the tips! It's looking like either we do nothing, based on the fact that we have two pro photogs there all day, and any nice pics guests take, I'm sure they'd e-mail us anyway......

Or, the dropbox idea is looking good.

Facebook mullers the image quality when you upload.

It would have certainly been easier to have never popped the question in the 1st place!!

...Facebook mullers the image quality when you upload....
    :
    True but you're not going to like all the photos and those you do you'll know who posted them and ask for originals.

Craftsman
    Google photos shared album. Everyone can add their own pics to the album.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I took a load of photos for a friends wedding a few years back. Nothing flashy or complicated, all done with my digital click and snappy and certainly not 'wedding photos' as such either, they were of the guests chatting outside the church, kids having fun in the sunshine and that sort of thing. I just put them all into Dropbox and sent him a link of the whole lot.

As most of my photos were taken while the professional wedding shots were being taken at the church, I captured a lot of the stuff that the bride and groom had no idea was happening, so I think they really appreciated the effort and it gave them a more rounded view of their day.

David Bailey has nothing to fear from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    True but you're not going to like all the photos and those you do you'll know who posted them and ask for originals.

That, Sir, is a very good point!!

Right, solution is, a FB group that me and the wife can invite all guests to and they can upload their photos/videos to.

Great!

That, Sir, is a very good point!!

Right, solution is, a FB group that me and the wife can invite all guests to and they can upload their photos/videos to.

Great!
    you can create an album on your own profile - you just need to add your friends as contributors or you can create a separate group or page (with a page you can add events, get stats, etc...)