closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Edinburgh Fringe 2017 - Top 10 Jokes so far

Edinburgh Fringe 2017 - Top 10 Jokes so far

I was out at the Pleasance last night and enjoyed sets from Lucy Porter and Richard Herring, who were both excellent in their different ways. Here are some of the best jokes (nicked from the Guardian) so far. 3, 9 & 10 tickled me.

1. Robert Garnham: Insomnia is awful. But on the plus side – only three more sleeps till Christmas.

2. Dan Antopolski: Centaurs shop at Topman. And Bottomhorse.

3. Paul Savage: Oregon leads America in both marital infidelity and clinical depression. What a sad state of affairs.

4. Caroline Mabey: I’m very conflicted by eye tests. I want to get the answers right but I really want to win the glasses.

5. Athena Kugblenu: Relationships are like mobile phones. You’ll look at your iPhone 5 and think, it used to be a lot quicker to turn this thing on.

6. Evelyn Mok: My vagina is kind of like Wales. People only visit ironically.

7. Phil Wang: In the bedroom, my girlfriend really likes it when I wear a suit, because she’s got this kinky fantasy where I have a proper job.

8. Gráinne Maguire: The Edinburgh fringe is such a bubble. I asked a comedian what they thought about the North Korea nuclear missile crisis and they asked what venue it was on in.

9. John-Luke Roberts: How did the Village People meet? They obviously led such different lives.

10. Olaf Falafel: If you’re being chased by a pack of taxidermists, do not play dead.

Master
    Hardly a vintage year is it? This list is from the Graun so perhaps that lot are hilarious to London living millennials.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    There's just not enough good comedy these days...apart from repeats. I love the Edinburgh Fringe. It's a real breath of fresh artists. I remember the very irreverent Jerry Sadowitz. Some wicked Royal jokes.
    Thanks for the above. I love no.4.

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    There's just not enough good comedy these days...apart from repeats. I love the Edinburgh Fringe. It's a real breath of fresh artists. I remember the very irreverent Jerry Sadowitz. Some wicked Royal jokes.

Brendan
    Jerry Sadowitz - edgy indeed. Here he is from the 1987 Fringe, about Jimmy Saville: NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure who told this one, but I rather liked it...

People say I'm egocentric. But that's enough about them...

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Not sure who told this one, but I rather liked it...

People say I'm egocentric. But that's enough about them...
    Very good and stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Jerry Sadowitz - edgy indeed. Here he is from the 1987 Fringe, about Jimmy Saville: NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK!
    Probably not for the G&D also.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Probably not for the G&D also.
    Thanks Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post

Brendan

Sadowitz was brilliant in The Pall Bearer's Revue back in the early 90s, but the prudish BBC received so many complaints they never asked him back. What a skilled magician he is too. I saw him several years ago, truly stomach achingly funny.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    My wife and I visited a number of years ago, we both love Edinburgh and it was even better during the Fringe!