closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you next intending to take a bath on?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Analogue View Post
    I de-stickered it
    You maniac!

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 15th September 2017 at 02:46.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    Entirely voluntary (as it must be by law), despite my misgivings. She's doing fine, me less so but still early. The diamonds were ordered pre-op so, yes, she's getting them come what may. Profoundly moving seeing her after waking up. Even more than i thought. The very definition of courage; to do something that you know will hurt like @&"£, but to do it anyway for someone else. She deserves jewels and more.- - - Updated - - -Thank you. A lot.
    Wish you both a quick recovery! Your wife is a wonderful person, and you are a very lucky one :)

Deleted

Craftsman
    I'm looking at a Rolex sub 116613LB or one of the new SS Skydwellers when they land. Given most Rolex models hold their value, I think I'm picking 2 of few that won't.

DSSD and pam372, this could hurt

Autodromo Group B.. i don't think i'll end up buying one though.

Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Autodromo Group B.. i don't think i'll end up buying one though.
    Less taking a bath and more washing your hands of it...

Journeyman
    Probably my first gold watch, current front runners are a Rose Gold Daytona or maybe a Day Date. I'll have to break my habit of buying new from an AD and go Grey market or used, but I'm still pondering what to get, it'll be next year before I buy, so no rush.

Master
    I'm not sure about everyone else but usually when I take a bath, I do it butt naked!

Jacket. Grab. Out.

Paolo Fanton's A13-A chronograph will be delivering in the next 3 weeks. Can't wait. I doubt this will involve taking a bath though

Grand Master
    Not quite in the serious 'taking a bath' category, but I'm still looking for a nice gold 1960s Omega Seamaster Deville and I'm coming to the conclusion I'll have to pay top whack to get a nice one, even if that means paying over the odds to a dealer. It's frustrating, these watches were easy to find a few years ago but nowadays they' re much harder to find in top condition. Within reason I'll pay whatever it takes for the right watch.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    Diamonds. My wife donated a kidney to me 12 days ago. Not out the woods yet, but I'm getting them whatever happens
    I wish the two of you the very best and a speedy recovery.

On a kind of related subject (although I generally don't sell watches once they're in the collection), I see that a pale blue Halios Seaforth has just been listed on a popular internet auction site. It's up for OIRO £995. Can any forum members remember what they cost new. Don't mind paying a bit over as I've been after one for a while but don't want a total shirt off my back experience. Again. Thanks!

Well I was going to get a Grand Seiko 035 hand wind version but was slightly put off by the recent thread on that particular watch. Having just purchased a Dornbluth I now plan to get another a center second version. Not sure I will take a significant bath on that one but other than that, I wouldn't mind getting a Tourby watch and looking at the resale on those, if I ever did come to sell taking a bath would be an understatement.