closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chronoswiss Pacific - 4 strap options

Blog Entries

Chronoswiss Pacific - 4 strap options

Eventually, I managed to get around to take the Tropic off the Chronoswiss & try it out with a few nylon options …

Zuludiver admiralty grey nato, blue premium nato, black nato, Eulit Perlon …

I'm guessing the Eulit Perlon will be the forum favourite, but surprisingly, I like them all.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 8th August 2021 at 16:01.

It's a lovely watch, but a little too "dressy" for the Natos IMHO, and looks best on the Eulit, not least because there's no strap tuck in protruding giving a better look.
    F.T.F.A.

These days you can wear anything on anything. Cool watch, something different. I vote for the perlon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It's a lovely watch, but a little too "dressy" for the Natos IMHO, and looks best on the Eulit, not least because there's no strap tuck in protruding giving a better look.
    I tend to agree Bob, but I was surprised that it didn't hate the nato option.

It's an odd watch in a some ways.
    It has a dressy dial & handset, but has a more sporty case design with tall brushed sides, screw-in bars & that IWC Pilot style crown.

So IMHO it's a tricky one to match with the correct strap - with thicker, less dressy styles seeming to work better.
    However, the OEM strap was ( as usual ) disappointing.

I haven't found a nice, thick blue leather strap yet - maybe that'd be the ideal.

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I tend to agree Bob, but I was surprised that it didn't hate the nato option.

It's an odd watch in a some ways.
    It has a dressy dial & handset, but has a more sporty case design with tall brushed sides, screw-in bars & that IWC Pilot style crown.

So IMHO it's a tricky one to match with the correct strap - with thicker, less dressy styles seeming to work better.
    However, the OEM strap was ( as usual ) disappointing.

I haven't found a nice, thick blue leather strap yet - maybe that'd be the ideal.

z
    I wore my 40mm Everest mostly on a brown "Titan CS" from TSS. Thick enough, but it didn't overwhelm the watch head. I see lots of watches on the likes of Toshi straps that are far too thick for the case dimensions and it's not a good look. The Titan has also been incredibly hard wearing, yet very supple. It's available in blue, and like all TSS straps very well priced. The shade of blue is of course a matter personal taste, if it had been darker my Archimede Deck Watch would be on one. May be worth a look.
    F.T.F.A.

That's one of the nicest Chronoswiss I've seen! It's crying out for a nice leather strap though.

Blog Entries
    I wore my 40mm Everest mostly on a brown "Titan CS" from TSS. Thick enough, but it didn't overwhelm the watch head. I see lots of watches on the likes of Toshi straps that are far too thick for the case dimensions and it's not a good look. The Titan has also been incredibly hard wearing, yet very supple. It's available in blue, and like all TSS straps very well priced. The shade of blue is of course a matter personal taste, if it had been darker my Archimede Deck Watch would be on one. May be worth a look.
    Thanks Bob, the other awkward thing about this watch is the 21mm lug width.
    So, although the Titan looks promising it isn’t available in 21mm.

I have a pet hate for ‘under-strapped’ combos where you can see the spring bars - so won’t be trying a 20mm.
    If the leather is supple enough a 22mm might squeeze in, but another pet hate is notched oversize straps.
    (learned from numerous failed attempts)

I’ll have a look & see what is available in 21mm.

z

Ah, didn't realise the lugs are 21mm. I found the following while looking for a blue strap for my Archimede. The Kuki is too wide at 21mm, but the Rios is still on the list, and is available in your 21mm.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Bob - the Rios looks an interesting option.

I've just ordered this (similar, but slightly chunkier) strap from Barton - black with blue stitching.

(link also in the image)

z

That Barton is probably a wise choice, a subtle hint of blue in the stitching rather than all out blueness! For the Archimede I mentioned I'm looking for the darkest shade of blue I can find to reference the blue of the hands. Looking at your link the same strap in navy blue could be a contender here.

F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    ...Looking at your link the same strap in navy blue could be a contender here.
    Sounds like that might work well.

On the basis of this thread, the Chronoswiss will get an outing to the office this week.
    ... & I've put it on an old 21mm Dasani leather until the Barton arrrives.

z

I think it's between the perlon and the Dasani leather. Have you thought about suede, canvas or something in calf? Molequin do 21mm.

As soon as I finish a particular UG project I intend to contact this guy to make an all canvas bund.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1007976...active_3&cns=1
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I think it's between the perlon and the Dasani leather. Have you thought about suede, canvas or something in calf? Molequin do 21mm.

As soon as I finish a particular UG project I intend to contact this guy to make an all canvas bund.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1007976...active_3&cns=1
    Now you’ve got me thinking about a grey suede / nubuck I’ve seen somewhere on TZ…

z

I think the Dasani looks best
    I have a brown nubuck strap with royal blue stitch that would look good too made for a Sinn by Martu straps on Alans recommendation

Blog Entries
    The Barton arrived today...

I think that will have to do... for now

z

I like it, looks like a good match in both colour and thickness. Straps that are too thick can overpower a watch, there are many, many examples shown on the forum, but that looks just right.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    I like it, looks like a good match in both colour and thickness. Straps that are too thick can overpower a watch, there are many, many examples shown on the forum, but that looks just right.
    Thanks Bob - it seems the ideal compromise for an in-between (spots-dressy) watch .

… although the comment earlier in the thread has made me think a grey option may be on the cards later…

z