closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: EBEL BTR Chronograph white 2013

EBEL BTR Chronograph white 2013

I've owned plenty of nice watches but when it comes to finish and detail this is among the best I've ever had. Maybe the best. Runs circles around my Breitlings, Omegas and even Rolexes when it comes to finish. I'd say it can be compared to something like Breguet Transatlantique Flyback in details.

That' a nice comparison as it uses the same movement as Breguet XX. Nicely finished.

Probably the best deal on preowned market right now. These can be had for $2K or a bit above that with bracelet. This watch retailed at $7K when it was new.

The dial is indeed quite stunning and it shines and reflects all kinds of nice things. This video captures the essence of this watch much better than photographs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h4TJmBbim8

Master
    Looks great. The hands in the second pic are different? It is it magic angle?!

Lovely looking watch, I had a ti BTR many years ago and loved it. It's a real shame that Ebel have fell by the wayside these days.

I have previously owned the similar Ebel Discovery Chrono - 7750 movement so different subdial layout - and thought it was a superbly built watch. In the end it was the design that didn't work for me - too rounded off - but if you like the case design and integrated bracelet they are superb for the money.

It is lovely.
    Pity Ebel is so underrated

There's a guy on WUS - and probably other forums too - who knows tonnes about Ebel and has a fairly big collection of them. He was forever talking about the quality of the finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Looks great. The hands in the second pic are different? It is it magic angle?!
    Good eye. I used a dark card in front of the watch when I shot it (to avoid over exposure of lighting) and it reflected dark back. Dial markers are highly reflective too. I just PS'd that area a bit as it reflection was a bit messy. The tips are blue and the rest of the hands are shiny steel color.
    Last edited by JPE; 8th August 2017 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    There's a guy on WUS - and probably other forums too - who knows tonnes about Ebel and has a fairly big collection of them. He was forever talking about the quality of the finishing.
    Yes indeed. Rdenney. Learned a lot from him. Some great information in this thread.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/eb...w-4498925.html

Thanks for sharing - interesting watch and that linked thread has some nice detail about the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Lovely looking watch, I had a ti BTR many years ago and loved it. It's a real shame that Ebel have fell by the wayside these days.
    I wonder if they took the financial risks with the BTR line and failed. That's some bad marketing as the BTR was well taken in the WIS circles. I remember back in 2006 how everyone at TZ were all around this model and loved it.

They even had a Perpetual Calendar version.

They don't produce high end watches (well Zenith-class high end) watches like the BTR line anymore. Now most of their stuff is quartz and probably just basic modified ETA stuff. I'm not a big fan of their current lineup, either. The women's catalog is nice though.

But then again these BTR's are ridiculously undepriced at the moment. I've toyed with some crazy idea... I'd like to buy the black version too, which is much sportier than the elegant white.

I had this one, I bought and sold for £850, totally agree, amazing value and suberb quality, just couldn't get it comfortable! Wish I'd tried it on a strap now :(

Very underrated.

Wow OP, nice find! I've seen alot of Ebel but never one as stunning as that, stunning design!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post

Great pictures of a nice watch. You should only wear a silver ring with this Ebel ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjack View Post
    Great pictures of a nice watch. You should only wear a silver ring with this Ebel ;-)
    Haha. You're actually right. Gold is so out of place there. I should remove it.

I have to ask my wife first. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post

I had this one, I bought and sold for £850, totally agree, amazing value and suberb quality, just couldn't get it comfortable! Wish I'd tried it on a strap now :(

Very underrated.
    Yeah. That's a laughable price for such quality. These are superb deals. I might get a black Discovery, unless I get another BTR with black dial.

I love these.

Craftsman
    Funtastic watch! Really like it...
    Nice choice

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The guy in the video link mentions the diameter is 46mm, it's that really the size? It doesn't look that large.

Craftsman
    I used to have the btr chronograph with the black face and red tipped hand .I got it in a 50% off sale .It was a very nice watch good quality I wish I still had it

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    The guy in the video link mentions the diameter is 46mm, it's that really the size? It doesn't look that large.
    Yeah that's interesting. It might actually be that big but because of the rounded shape it doesn't wear nearly as large.

I have four early 2000's Rolexes and it doesn't wear very large after them. I also have this SteelFish Superocean and this is 45mm but this one wears much larger than BTR.

Edit: Took a fugly, messy photo but this is just to demonstrate the size. It's not a big XXL watch like the Super Avenger.

Last edited by JPE; 9th August 2017 at 12:00.

But it's not a small watch, either. This angle makes it look bigger though.

Interesting, thanks for your reply and pics, appreciated.

Master
    A BTR has been on my list for a while, I will get one, one day.

A friend has one which he bought new & minimal discount & wore quite often.
    He saw it as a VFM Daytona, but was disappointed most people didn't see it as such.
    He's now almost always in a Pam.

Blog Entries
    I recently remarked on a thread in SC that a DeVille chrono posted there was the best looking chrono I'd ever seen. I now have to go back to edit that post to say it's one of the two best looking chronos I've ever seen....

Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    I recently remarked on a thread in SC that a DeVille chrono posted there was the best looking chrono I'd ever seen. I now have to go back to edit that post to say it's one of the two best looking chronos I've ever seen....
    Yeah, BTR is definitely the among the best looking chronos ever.

I've seen many, owned many but this has always "grabbed" me the most. You'll be seriously underwhelmed wearing a white Daytona after this. Sorry... I'm a Rolex-guy through and through (own four) but that's the truth. :D

Best looking? That's subjective and can't say for sure...

But one thing is for sure: This is the most UNDERRATED chrono in the market right now. The prices are ridiculous... 2K-something for a watch that uses the same motor as Breguet XX... and it might be actually better finished and decorated than Breguet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I found this. Here's another video that says diameter is 44.5mm. Sounds more believable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIepjc_lshA

These tend to wear much smaller due to almost non existent lugs and slim profiles.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, BTR is definitely the among the best looking chronos ever.
    Think I'm in love <3 <3 <3

Great watches at small money...

Here is my 1911 Discovery Chronograph

That's a looker RAJEN.

I wouldn't mind getting the one with orange bezel. Yeah... kinda "PlanetOceansque" but this looks nicer than the PO chrono.

Spotted this on a German watch forum a while back.

Craftsman
    this might be a stupid question but how come all of the screw heads are facing in different directions / not aligned with their position on the watch? Would drive my OCD mad... Like everything else about the one in the OP though.

Craftsman
    My Le Modulor Chrono is my favourite watch, the build quality is superb and it cost a tenth of my Sub C. They are just worth nothing SH but that makes it better for us that like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans View Post
    this might be a stupid question but how come all of the screw heads are facing in different directions / not aligned with their position on the watch? Would drive my OCD mad... Like everything else about the one in the OP though.
    It has always been like that on Ebels. You're not the first one who's asking this question.

I guess it's supposed to be "artsy" or whatever. Haha. Never bothered me but I guess those could be set to any position you want.

This always comes up.
    I would humbly request your OCD to hold its horses and follow this link:

https://www.salonqp.com/updates/watc...h-dial-screws/

This always comes up.
    I would humbly request your OCD to hold its horses and follow this link:

https://www.salonqp.com/updates/watc...h-dial-screws/

This is not the case just with Ebel. Also happens with AP. The usual gripe is - a 20,000$ and they can't get the screws aligned!

Quite agree

Beautifully made, Original style and very nice to look at. As most have said; will give any mass produced chrono a good run for it's money. I have one and wouldn't part with it for the Rolex as it's just so much more original in design.

Obviously just my point of view as I know so many love the Daytona.

All the best

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by 41northpole View Post
    Beautifully made, Original style and very nice to look at. As most have said; will give any mass produced chrono a good run for it's money. I have one and wouldn't part with it for the Rolex as it's just so much more original in design.

Obviously just my point of view as I know so many love the Daytona.

All the best

Tim
    Thanks Tim.

What color / combo BTR you have?

Red-black with matte black bezel, red-yellow with the shiny bezel, this white one or some from the Tekton-line?

Cheers.

PS: Funny thing... this watch has created a lot of hassle in my local Facebook watch community. MANY people want to buy BTR right now.

One attraction now is the low prices in the preowned market of course... but still... I wonder why Ebel couldn't sell this watch more than they did. I haven't met one single person yet who doesn't think it's awesome. It impresses EVERYONE, including my dad who usually doesn't give a sh*t about my watches.

Ebels marketing department should be fired. Haha.

Can't help feeling this would shine even more on a strap
    Not a big fan of Ebel bracelets-reminds me of Tag link bracelet( contender for the ugliest bracelet in universe )
    Something like this but hard to source the straps for Ebel with their screw system