closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Uses for the decimal track on a chronograph?

Uses for the decimal track on a chronograph?

As the title suggests, I'm keen to learn the applications for a decimal track.

I understand and use tachymeters, but what are the uses for decimal seconds?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    As the title suggests, I'm keen to learn the applications for a decimal track.

I understand and use tachymeters, but what are the uses for decimal seconds?

Thanks!
    Recording lap times would be a good use of that feature expecially for short duration events or you may end up with no way to separate close runs.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The centiminute scale is for ease of calculation when adding and multiplying individual timed taks/events and adding them up.
    Because you can use a calculator to do so.
    Imagine you have a combined sequence that takes 3 x 34 seconds, 5 x 41 seconds and 2 x 12 seconds. How many minutes? You have to add up all the seconds, divide by 60 to get minutes, and get a remainder. Complicated.
    Instead, calculate 3 x 0.57, 5 x 0.68 and 2 x 0.2. Much easier, you use a calculator in decimals, then convert back if you want.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    The centiminute scale is for ease of calculation when adding and multiplying individual timed taks/events and adding them up.
    Because you can use a calculator to do so.
    Imagine you have a combined sequence that takes 3 x 34 seconds, 5 x 41 seconds and 2 x 12 seconds. How many minutes? You have to add up all the seconds, divide by 60 to get minutes, and get a remainder. Complicated.
    Instead, calculate 3 x 0.57, 5 x 0.68 and 2 x 0.2. Much easier, you use a calculator in decimals, then convert back if you want.
    D
    Aha! Thanks for this.