closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Small scratches on polished watches

Small scratches on polished watches

Hi guys, I just dug my old Raymond Weil watch out of the cupboard where it has been living for the last few years. I intend to sell this watch (probably on eBay, eek!) it has a few minor scratches on the case (see pictures below) and I wondered what you all use to Polish light scratches from your watches? I already have a few on my everest's bezel so will Polish that up in a year or so when I do the crystal.

Many thanks in advance

Ian

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Cape cod cloths are great

Yep, Cape Cod if it isn't deep - otherwise you are looking at different grades of sanding
    It's just a matter of time...

Thank you very much gents, I will have a look at those.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I would also recommend Cape cod. As long as the scratch isn't too deep they work a treat.

Master
    Cape Cod cloth is effective but I find them unpleasantly slimy and smelly.

Alternatives are the traditional Brasso and Silvo wadding (the latter giving a finer polish but slower) or Goddards Silver cloths.

Master
    One of the major keys to polishing out small scratches is - obviously - not to change the flatness (or roundness) of the surface.

These double-sided nail buffing sticks work very well. They're cheap - a few quid, easily available - from Superdrug et cetera, come with 3 surfaces - begin with the grey one, and just go gently.

Where possible, polish in one direction at 90 degrees to an edge or curve. Whatever, just use common-sense and don't take off what you can't put back.

Last edited by Tinker; 12th August 2017 at 22:27.